What Would You Miss?

Discuss the March 2017 Book of the Month, Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel.
nikkon
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikkon.html
Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer

Re: What Would You Miss?

Post by nikkon »

I would miss Ice cream (Ben&jerrys), my books, my cat, my parents and food. I already miss my youth.
Sarah G
Favorite Author: Brandon Sanderson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-g.html
Latest Review: Smith by Sam B Miller II
fav_author_id: 4040

Post by Sarah G »

I would definitely miss family and friends but I think I would miss the comfort of routine. Of knowing what's going on and what your plan for the day I. Not knowing whats happening and feeling out of your comfort zone days after day would be a struggle for me
The purpose of a storyteller is not to tell you how to think, but to give you questions to think upon
Krystagbelen
Bookshelf Size: 173
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-krystagbelen.html

Post by Krystagbelen »

I would miss my boyfriend more than anything. I am with him almost 24 hours a day, except when we are in classes. I miss him as soon as he is gone. when I'm not with him for extended periods of time I start to feel antsy. I know I could survive without him, but I wouldn't want to.
Kalin Adi
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kalin-adi.html
Latest Review: French for Girls by JP Wright

Post by Kalin Adi »

Definitively, I would miss my beloved ones if they weren't with me. A person may have a lot of material possessions, but if you have no one to share with, then they are worth nothing. Also, technology does help us a lot and makes our lives more comfortable and agreeable because we can connect to the people we care about, but again if those people are not with us, then technology loses its purpose.
Vivian Paschal
Favorite Author: John Grisham
Currently Reading: Southern Cross
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-paschal.html
Latest Review: What is priest Nation, The Seed, and the H5G by Herbert Scholes
fav_author_id: 2455

Post by Vivian Paschal »

I would miss everything and everyone. Their memories will always taunt you.
JanieReads
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janiereads.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami

Post by JanieReads »

I would absolutely miss my family and friends the most, just as almost everyone else. Modern conviences would probably come second. I mostly say that because I cannot survive without my books, it seems, and all my books are on my kindle, an electronic device that would no longer exist.

-- 13 Jun 2017, 20:33 --

I would absolutely miss my family and friends the most, just as almost everyone else. Modern conviences would probably come second. I mostly say that because I cannot survive without my books, it seems, and all my books are on my kindle, an electronic device that would no longer exist.
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
ARON SERAPION MUGISH
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by ARON SERAPION MUGISH »

Gravy wrote:This question appears in the inside front cover, and it followed me through the book. With every turn of the page it was in my head.

So what would you miss?
I will be missing her care in terms of preparing for me a delicious food of which she has been preparing for me as i come back from job.
Ebe Read
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3364">Good Omens</a>
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebe-read.html
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Ebe Read »

I am not sure what this refers to, but I would miss living. I would miss seeing the stars, smelling plants and flowers on the air, hearing the voices of other life forms and seeing their movements, and just the love that can be felt from all of existence, the laughter of my own species. And the Game, the Game called Life.
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller
Ssinghal
Bookshelf Size: 1113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ssinghal.html
Latest Review: "Call Me Pomeroy" by James Hanna

Post by Ssinghal »

I would miss my family, my friends, my bank balance :lol: , and of course I would miss my girlfriend.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one...
-George RR Martin
Latest Review: "Call Me Pomeroy" by James Hanna
Anjum
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anjum.html
Latest Review: "The Elf Brief" by Jordan David

Post by Anjum »

I will miss everything and everyone.
Latest Review: "The Elf Brief" by Jordan David
mbray22
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by mbray22 »

I would miss just my every day life ..waking up and going to sleep with my husband ..every day routine, work, cooking dinner ..all that.
Misael Carlos
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Sins of a Master Race
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 213
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misael-carlos.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Misael Carlos »

I would miss teaching when I retire because teaching is everything I have ever dreamed of.
jvez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jvez.html
Latest Review: The Providence of Fortune by T. K. Love

Post by jvez »

I would miss everything I loved: my family friends, pets, our house, my room. And all the usual activities I do.
Cash-Centered Creep
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cash-centered-creep.html
Latest Review: Kill Fannie Mae by Frank Latell

Post by Cash-Centered Creep »

Scerakor wrote: 14 Mar 2017, 10:46 Most of the answers here have been that they would miss the people and their families. I understand what they are saying, and perhaps it is a valid response (assuming they did not survive the plague with you). That being said, the question inside the front cover, in my opinion, is directly related to the collapse of technology as we know it. The oldest remaining survivors will be the only ones who still know what the purpose of that now shiny brick with the word "iPhone" on it actually is. The characters are marvelled by the idea of technology, computer screens, and even trying to understand what the concept of the internet is. I think my answer here is impossible to say, because, we really don't know what we have until it is gone. The thing that you tend to miss the most is something that has become second nature to you already and that you don't think about.
Your last line is on point. What we take for granted is what we truly do miss and appreciate only after we no longer have it.
Yvonne Monique
Favorite Book: To Sleep in a Sea of Stars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yvonne-monique.html
Latest Review: Healing Depression by C. Daley

Post by Yvonne Monique »

I would miss the people who are dear to me (just like in this covid confinement situation...) and I would miss my piano.

Return to “Discuss "Station Eleven" by Emily St. John Mandel”