Characters

Discuss the April 2017 Book of the Month, Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole.

View Raven's Peak on Bookshelves
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Re: Characters

Post by Amagine »

rssllue wrote::mrgreen:
Great minds think alike. :handgestures-thumbup:
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Shein30438
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shein30438.html
Latest Review: "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty
Reading Device: B07XR7CPXG

Post by Shein30438 »

I really like Abigail's character. She is a strong female, not afraid to go for whatever she wants. Although Arthur seems like an interesting character, he is a very typical male lead in a story. A strong lead male who fights to save his family, and puts a hurting on anyone who is trying to hurt him or his family. That type of role I admire, but I always find it refreshing to have a story told from a different lead role.
Latest Review: "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty
Bookworm39
Favorite Book: To Tempt a Knight
Currently Reading: to seduce a knight
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookworm39.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Bookworm39 »

I love Abigail. She is a character of strength and perseverance. She keeps trying to find her adoptive father, Arthur, even though the Council doesn't want her too. She has survived a bad childhood but didn't let it turn bad.
13Vulpes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-13vulpes.html
Latest Review: 28 Disastrous Dates: A (Mostly True) Humourous Memoir by Poppy Mortimer

Post by 13Vulpes »

I find something interesting on every main characters of the book. Was Arthur possessed by demon (or angel?)? What supernatural abilities are hiding deep inside Haatim (due to his duel with demon possessed boy) and Abigail (due to the demon and then Hunters choose her)? If I could choose I would like to read something from the past of the characters instead of their future.

The most interesting is probably Arthur for me. But I don´t want to play his role in the story and I don´t even know someone like him in reality.
normindrasarawi
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-normindrasarawi.html
Latest Review: "Apollo's Raven" by Linnea Tanner

Post by normindrasarawi »

Raven's Peak is full of interesting and memorable characters. I really love Abigail, she' an amazing strong woman, determined and confident in making decisions. But I'm most interested with Arthur and Haatim's father. Both were mysterious and I'm curious about them, this is also one of the reasons that excites me to read the next book.
Latest Review: "Apollo's Raven" by Linnea Tanner
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

Shein30438 wrote:I really like Abigail's character. She is a strong female, not afraid to go for whatever she wants. Although Arthur seems like an interesting character, he is a very typical male lead in a story. A strong lead male who fights to save his family, and puts a hurting on anyone who is trying to hurt him or his family. That type of role I admire, but I always find it refreshing to have a story told from a different lead role.
I like Arthur's character but Abigail was definitely my favorite. It's rare to find a female protagonist who is truly fearless and faces the world head-on.
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
lilytepait
Currently Reading: A Haunted Murder (A Lin Coffin Mystery Book 1
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by lilytepait »

I find Mary interesting. She's strong, bold. A queen to be followed.
~Reign
Donnavila Marie01
Currently Reading: the one
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi

Post by Donnavila Marie01 »

gali wrote:I found Arthur the most interesting and wish he played a greater part in the tale. I wouldn't want to be him or any other characters. I am not sure I want any of them as a friend as well...
Did you finish the book yet? I am curious if you still maintain your favorite character or did you find another interesting character in the story?
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi
k2rugman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k2rugman.html
Latest Review: Rituals of Season by Giovanna Ess

Post by k2rugman »

I thought Arthur was an interesting character. I am curious to know what happens to him. He had an intriguing past and was a strong character that makes me want to know more about him. I didn't love Haatim though. He seemed really helpless which was frustrating. He got his degree in theology, he should be a little more understanding about what he's up against.
Nina Butler
Currently Reading: rubies
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nina-butler.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami

Post by Nina Butler »

Abigail would be the character of choice for me. I don't want to be her, but she is like many of the characters I have previously written. Abigail reminds me of myself and how I would deal with things if that world were real. I don't think I could adhere to laws that prohibit me from being who I truly was. I would die to try to save the person that mattered most to me. Abigail resonates with women because she is strong willed and a very strong personality. She is what a lot of women cannot be and she gives them hope.
SherriD
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by SherriD »

I thought Haatim was a good character. He was a refreshing splash of normal thrown in the middle of chaos. I felt like he could have been a lot angrier having had his life threatened so many times, but he had obviously checked out which was believable.
Mollymae
Currently Reading: Beartown
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mollymae.html
Latest Review: "The Intrepid" by Jeff Tellier
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Mollymae »

I likes each and every one. I was well pleased with the development of characters. Each had a distinct personality and story.
Latest Review: "The Intrepid" by Jeff Tellier
Afuglsan
Currently Reading: The Masked City
Bookshelf Size: 5445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-afuglsan.html
Latest Review: "STARLESS and Bible Black" by Gerard DiLeo

Post by Afuglsan »

Like many have already written, the Reverend was my favorite character. He is so deep and mysterious, and the readers don't really know what he has done in his past to deserve his future, but we are very well guaranteed that it was something fantastic. I hope we will be able to see him more in further novels.
Latest Review: "STARLESS and Bible Black" by Gerard DiLeo
italicoil
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-italicoil.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by italicoil »

I liked Haatim. At first he was so useless but at the end he was sticking it to his father, standing up to demons and realizing that he was just mad at himself over his sisters death. He matured and it will be interesting to see how his character is in the next novel.
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Pm7lucas
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pm7lucas.html
Reading Device: 1400699169

Post by Pm7lucas »

Definitely The Reverend...very mysterious! I hope the future books give us more of a background on all of the characters! That was the one thing I think the book lacked, I like more depth in my characters!

Paula :D
"I think therefore I am" - Rene Descartes

Return to “Discuss "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole”