Haatim's Blog on Religion in Raven's Peak

Discuss the April 2017 Book of the Month, Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole.

View Raven's Peak on Bookshelves
noela jane
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Haatim's Blog on Religion in Raven's Peak

Post by noela jane »

Questions:
1) Do you agree that religions interact with each other in positive ways? Why or why not?
2) Do you agree that all religions stem from the same prism?
3) Do you think that many things could be fixed if people believed that religions stemmed from the same prism?
Answers:
1. For me, religions doesn't always interact to each other with a positive way. Not all the times it gives a positive benefit for every one of us. Sometimes it may cause for discriminating the other people because of the religion they had. Because of they have different beliefs. Just accept what they belief about their religion.
2. Yes, because they're idea came in one religion then they're revised some of the beliefs and rules.
3. I think yes because people will have unity, and respect for every religions.
Donnavila Marie01
Currently Reading: the one
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi

Post by Donnavila Marie01 »

I attended a seminar about scholarly research. The keynote speaker said that an outstanding researcher must be thankful if he is questioned. If no one questions his work, then it is a religion because it does not entertain other views. This line reminded me of Christina O Phillips' questions. I am still reflecting at the moment.
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi
jimthorne2
Favorite Book: Christians in the Age of Outrage
Currently Reading: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 165
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jimthorne2.html
Latest Review: California: On the Edge of American History by Ronald Genini
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by jimthorne2 »

Do you agree that all religions stem from the same prism? No, since the prism suggests the human perspective and implies that religion is a matter of human opinion. True religion is revealed from above as is explained in the Old Testament and New Testament which reveals the true God as the God and Father of the Lord Jesus Christ.
kaylee16tw
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaylee16tw.html
Latest Review: "Heaven and Earth" by Arturo Riojas

Post by kaylee16tw »

After hearing how pretty much everyone above liked the "agree to disagree" route, I'd actually be really curious to hear Haatim's own stance on this. From what we saw, he pretty much did have that stance with Abigail, as her views differed quite a bit from his and they were still able to become friends. Yet, I wonder how he would've reacted had her hunting been a foundation of some other well-known "rival" religion instead, and if he would've been as accepting as he was with her.
Latest Review: "Heaven and Earth" by Arturo Riojas
jimthorne2
Favorite Book: Christians in the Age of Outrage
Currently Reading: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 165
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jimthorne2.html
Latest Review: California: On the Edge of American History by Ronald Genini
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by jimthorne2 »

Religion is man's attempt to find, know, and follow God. Only God can show the right way.
Jim Thorne
fayetino
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fayetino.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by fayetino »

I do agree with him and different beliefs is not a good reason to hate someone.
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
Anjum
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anjum.html
Latest Review: "The Elf Brief" by Jordan David

Post by Anjum »

I have heard many stories from different religions and these stories are somewhat similar to one another.
Latest Review: "The Elf Brief" by Jordan David
Serena_Charlotte
Favorite Author: Neal Shusterman
Currently Reading: The Heads of Cerberus
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-serena-charlotte.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
fav_author_id: 2788

Post by Serena_Charlotte »

1. Religions do not all interact with each other in positive ways because, for most religions, there almost always exists a religion completely contrary.

2. All religions do exist within the same prism because they exist for the same reason: to give meaning to an otherwise meaningless world. Whether polytheistic or monotheistic, each religion focuses on how to behave, the origin of the world, and explanations for natural or supernatural phenomenon.

3. Certainly, religious disputes would be solved, but people will always find something to fight about.
Where is the line between insanity and creativity?
Is the reality of the world different from how we perceive and experience it in our minds? Does physical reality exist apart from the human mind?
mamalui
Favorite Book: Trip to Adele
Currently Reading: Split Adam
Bookshelf Size: 198
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mamalui.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by mamalui »

kandscreeley wrote: 17 Apr 2017, 08:21 I hesitate to comment on this as it can be so divisive. I believe what I believe, but that doesn't mean we can't disagree in a friendly manner. I'm still willing to put my differences aside and be friends. Not everyone is like that, however.

With that disclaimer, I believe that the Bible teaches that Jesus is the only way to Heaven. So I would have to disagree with that statement.
I second that..
No idea is a bad idea.

Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans.
Kishor Rao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kishor-rao.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Kishor Rao »

Very few religions interact in a positive way, considering the events of recent past. If we take the mythology of the different religions into account, it really seems that all of the religions stem from the same prism because all have similar stories and aura about them. Ant it would help a great deal to the world if the religions agreed to this and break through in a harmonious way.
Intuitive Catalyst
Favorite Book: The Road
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 230
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-intuitive-catalyst.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by Intuitive Catalyst »

1) Do you agree that religions interact with each other in positive ways? Why or why not?
2) Do you agree that all religions stem from the same prism?
3) Do you think that many things could be fixed if people believed that religions stemmed from the same prism?
Answers:
1. Some religions interact with each other positively. Having an adopted grandfather who was a natural healer showed this to me so clearly. Priests from other religion used to ask him for healing and support for some of their flock whom they were unable to assist. On the other hand, there will always be differences when different groups believe they know better, that their God is superior and therein lies the problem across the board.

2. Religion is man-made. Of course they all emanate from the same prism but each began from a different set of beliefs.

3. Most world problems would be minimised if respect and acceptance of other people's beliefs was the norm even when not in agreement with said beliefs.
Micheal Ukewuihe
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-micheal-ukewuihe.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Micheal Ukewuihe »

I have high regards for religion and their traditions but I don’t stand against other peoples opinions on religion

Return to “Discuss "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole”