Have People Affected Your Actions or Opinions?

Discuss the May 2017 Book of the Month, Farmer Beau's Farm by Kathleen Geiger.

View Farmer Beau's Farm on Bookshelves
hailvilla18
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hailvilla18.html
Latest Review: "Loving Marie" by Dawn Reno Langley

Re: Have People Affected Your Actions or Opinions?

Post by hailvilla18 »

Yes, I am affected by people's actions and opinions. It caused me good and bad effects. On the negative side, I become very much bothered to the point that I think I am already controlled by other people. I also lose my self confidence. On the other side, I become more careful when doing or saying anything so that others won't have something bad to say against me.
Latest Review: "Loving Marie" by Dawn Reno Langley
Angelsmart
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Angelsmart »

Yeah, most of the times, I always put people ahead and think about how they will feel and react. But I have learnt a bitter lesson and all got to stop. It's now God and me. Do what pleaseses God and you.
Donnavila Marie01
Currently Reading: the one
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi

Post by Donnavila Marie01 »

e-tasana-williams wrote:The most regret I have is for things I have not done. It usually is not because of what people might think of me, though. I'm a pretty independent thinker, and how others view my decisions is not a real motivator for me.
I also have this feeling of regret at times. There are moments when I want to go back to the past and do the things I was supposed to do.

-- 30 May 2017, 08:40 --
Lest92 wrote:As much as I don't want to care about what people think, other people do run the world and their opinion matters. There are things I'm too afraid to do because of other people's criticism, and it's a shame.
I agree. We are members of a community, an institution, an organization, and are citizens of this world. We can not always ignore what other people think of us because it affects our relationship with them.

-- 30 May 2017, 08:45 --

Sometimes, I am thankful that there are people who affect my decisions. This reminds me that I belong. Sometimes, I also give myself a break by not thinking of others in my decision or action so that I will not feel like I am controlled.
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi
Kelebogile Mbangi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelebogile-mbangi.html
Latest Review: At Day's End, I'll Always Be Me by Jerry A. Greenberg

Post by Kelebogile Mbangi »

I agree with you Donnavila. We actually all are affected by others in our actions, no man is an island after all.
"And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)
KID, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!" - Dr. Seuss
94octjoshua
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reading Device: B00BPGZGES

Post by 94octjoshua »

that was years back but I don't so much get affected by peoples actions

-- 02 Jul 2017, 01:01 --

that was years back but I don't so much get affected by peoples actions

-- 02 Jul 2017, 01:05 --

I have learned to be friendly and nice but I don't learn any bad thing from any body
Maria joraimah
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 92854">The Zodiac Killer</a>
Currently Reading: Unbroken
Bookshelf Size: 28

Post by Maria joraimah »

Yap, people affected my actions and opinions most of the times though I know it should not be that way. But let's face it, the impressions we make play a major part in our lives. Those opinions can either bring us down or put us up on a pedestal. I cannot act as if I don't have a care in the word what others think about me as long as I know that I ain't doing anything wrong because sometimes what is right for us may be wrong in the beliefs and values of others.
" HAPPINESS is finding PEACE within yourself! " :D
Shreyoshi Sen
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shreyoshi-sen.html
Latest Review: "Lived One Life To Save One Life" by Yong Ho Nam

Post by Shreyoshi Sen »

I am a trained classical singer. I really love to sing. But I always refrain myself from facing the audience. This is why no one knows about my singing. And I really regret thinking about my childhood days when I used to sing without thinking about anyone or anything.
Latest Review: "Lived One Life To Save One Life" by Yong Ho Nam
Papercut
Currently Reading: Raven's Peak
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Papercut »

I regretted it that I didn't said goodbye when we moved because of my dad's work. I was up for a high school graduation four months before I transferred for a new school. Thought that it didn't matter 'cause I spent a short time with them and they wouldn't think much about it.

It was an easy escape. I cared only for myself. I'm used to be alone and leaving. Blocked intimate and social encounters; solitude was my companion. Afraid of being attached too much.
Naval Aulakh
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naval-aulakh.html
Latest Review: "The Deserving" by Efren O'brien

Post by Naval Aulakh »

I have always lived my life according to my wishes and goals. I never listen to people who critisize me. Suggestions are always welcomed by me though.
Live Life to the Fullest and Enjoy Reading!!
Latest Review: "The Deserving" by Efren O'brien
Malfoyy Slitherin
Currently Reading: Heads Will Roll
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malfoyy-slitherin.html
Latest Review: "A Caribbean Tragedy" by Roger Stutter

Post by Malfoyy Slitherin »

People will affect your actions if you let them. You have to be stronger and have a firm believe in what you want.
Latest Review: "A Caribbean Tragedy" by Roger Stutter
Ayebale
Currently Reading: My Trip to Adele
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Ayebale »

I don't like minding wat other people think of me but in some ways Yah they do affect my actions
Kinnera
Currently Reading: Escape
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kinnera.html
Latest Review: "A Faithful Son" by Michael Scott Garvin

Post by Kinnera »

Family mostly. Other than that, I fancy myself a pretty independent thinker, and objective, so I like to think I make logical decisions that depend on me mostly.
Latest Review: "A Faithful Son" by Michael Scott Garvin
michiness
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michiness.html
Latest Review: "An Unexpected Life" by Victoria Ortiz

Post by michiness »

I'm sure there are some times that I have done so. But in general, I've tried to live my life the way that I've wanted, without worrying myself about the judgment or comments of others.
Latest Review: "An Unexpected Life" by Victoria Ortiz
ritah
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 03345">The Darziods' Stone</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ritah.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by ritah »

Yes, this happened a lot when I was much and younger obviously I regret suppressing my own opinions for others. These days I'd rather my actions and thoughts be convinced by quality of argument/ evidence rather than just another's opinion on the matter.
Ama Idim
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ama-idim.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty

Post by Ama Idim »

Yes... I'm trying to change that now. Not being able to contribute much to a discussion because of fear of what people will think, not trying out for certain auditions because of what people might say and many other things
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty

Return to “Discuss "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger”