Re: May Book - Farmer Beau's Farm

Discuss the May 2017 Book of the Month, Farmer Beau's Farm by Kathleen Geiger.

View Farmer Beau's Farm on Bookshelves
Chrys Brobbey
Currently Reading: Farmer Beau's Farm
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrys-brobbey.html
Latest Review: "Break up with Defeat" by Jermaine Francis

Re: May Book - Farmer Beau's Farm

Post by Chrys Brobbey »

When Farmer Beau and his wife Bamma hinted about taking in another unusual animal on the farm, Kailey and Sammy were apprehensive. But once it happened, they were able to welcome Malissa into their fold and relate very well together. This should teach humans a lesson about peaceful living with others, the familiar and the unfamiliar.
Latest Review: "Break up with Defeat" by Jermaine Francis
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 685
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

Children's books are wonderful because they allow us to learn lessons in a way that is simple, enjoyable and non-threatening. The use of animals is also a great way of making people more receptive to the stories and lessons.

I believe even adults can benefit greatly from reading books for kids. Some years back when I was working in a bank, our President conducted a team-building session. After the two-day activity, he gave away autographed copies of three books to all the participants who were mostly middle-aged high-ranking officers. The books: Hope for the Flowers, Jonathan Livingston Seagull, and The Little Prince! (These are all books for children.) The books were meant to reinforce the learnings of the past two days.

I also like to quote from an old Christmas song, "And so I'm offering this simple phrase, to kids from 1 to 92 ..." So, all kids unite!
Donnavila Marie01
Currently Reading: the one
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi

Post by Donnavila Marie01 »

I like the idea that the two animals were able to adjust and welcomed Malissa. In some instances, this happens to us. We are afraid to welcome new relationships but in the end, we are able to see the beauty in these new relationships.
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Beyond the Wand
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: Lugares Amables by Lidice Megla
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Donnavila Marie01 wrote:I like the idea that the two animals were able to adjust and welcomed Malissa. In some instances, this happens to us. We are afraid to welcome new relationships but in the end, we are able to see the beauty in these new relationships.
This describes me sometimes with new people or trying new things, in general. I am hesitant, but when I give the person or activity a try, I end up feeling happier than before and it all works out well.
Heidi
Official Reviewer Representative

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Zero
Currently Reading: Wings of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 24

Post by Zero »

The writer here has done a fine job in conveying the message that we should all embrace the change. We should always be ready to face changes in our lives and accept them.
From other perspective it can be said that we should learn to accept people around us and live in harmony with them.
Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere. -Albert Einstein
Bri2000
Favorite Author: all authers
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bri2000.html
Latest Review: "Roadmap to the End of Days" by Daniel Friedmann
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Bri2000 »

hsimone wrote:
Donnavila Marie01 wrote:I like the idea that the two animals were able to adjust and welcomed Malissa. In some instances, this happens to us. We are afraid to welcome new relationships but in the end, we are able to see the beauty in these new relationships.
This describes me sometimes with new people or trying new things, in general. I am hesitant, but when I give the person or activity a try, I end up feeling happier than before and it all works out well.

I am the same way! Although it's mostly with people, i'm not one to embrace change very easily.
Latest Review: "Roadmap to the End of Days" by Daniel Friedmann
Awad Sharar
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-awad-sharar.html
Latest Review: "Lemoncella Cocktail" by Rene Natan

Post by Awad Sharar »

Not only kids love and benefit from children books, the young, the parents and all family members of the family love, benefit from and laugh at those books. It's the author's message that we receive with much pleasure.
Latest Review: "Lemoncella Cocktail" by Rene Natan
eelavahs-jay
Currently Reading: Island of the Gods
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eelavahs-jay.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by eelavahs-jay »

I read it and loved it. It was exactly as you described.

-- 30 Sep 2017, 15:01 --

I read it and loved it. It was exactly as you described. I love its theme of acceptance. Very powerful story.
Micheal Ukewuihe
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-micheal-ukewuihe.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Micheal Ukewuihe »

Yes it is important to teach children about change and make the understand that change sometimes is for the best.

Return to “Discuss "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger”