What Super Ability Would You Possess?

Discuss the June 2017 Book of the Month, Superhighway by Alex Fayman. Superhighway is the first book in the Superhighway Trilogy, so feel free to use this forum to discuss not only the first book but also the other books in the series.

View Superhighway on Bookshelves
Gabriel Ejeh
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What Super Ability Would You Possess?

Post by Gabriel Ejeh »

I would like to possess super ability in being able to predict and discern what will happen in the future with my widdom
deana73
Currently Reading: Protect
Bookshelf Size: 1210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deana73.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Reading Device: B06XRTYRKM

Post by deana73 »

If i had a choice it would be teleportation and telekinesis. I have four kids and I'm constantly having to get things and clean up. If I could move objects it would so help with cleaning and washing. Anytime I needed something from the store or taking a quick mini break somewhere exotic would be nice.
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
MelDevi
Currently Reading: Exit West
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meldevi.html
Latest Review: "The Elf Brief" by Jordan David

Post by MelDevi »

The ability to travel time and teleport at wish.
Latest Review: "The Elf Brief" by Jordan David
sharonne
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharonne.html
Latest Review: "Roadmap to the End of Days" by Daniel Friedmann

Post by sharonne »

Teleportation: So that I can always travel to the future and find out whats going to happen when and how! Just for the kicks of it :-D
Latest Review: "Roadmap to the End of Days" by Daniel Friedmann
Jhirsch1230
Currently Reading: Endymion
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jhirsch1230.html
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare

Post by Jhirsch1230 »

When I was a boy, I used to hope for wings. I was in love with the Marvel character Angel and thought it would be amazing to be able to fly. Anyway, that's the superpower I want.
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare
Gabriel Ejeh

Post by Gabriel Ejeh »

If I will have my way, the super ability I would like to possess is to be perfect like angels and to be able to discern actions that could land me trouble in future time and avoid them now.
TheSeelieCourtJester
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theseeliecourtjester.html
Latest Review: "My Ladybird Story" by Magus Tor

Post by TheSeelieCourtJester »

I would love to have the ability to control other people, or even read minds. That way, I'd be able to know what my opponents are going to do, know their darkest secrets and wishes, and exploit them. With just that ability alone, I think a lot of people could even conquer the world if they wanted to. However, it might take a toll on your personal life; for example, I do not need to know when or where my parents decide to have intercourse.
Latest Review: "My Ladybird Story" by Magus Tor
Acwoolet
Favorite Author: Karen Kingsbury
Favorite Book: Gone With the Wind
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-acwoolet.html
Latest Review: Touching Time by B. W. Haggart
fav_author_id: 6216

Post by Acwoolet »

I Like the idea of traveling into whatever book I'm reading. That would be fun! I'd also like to move objects with my mind, I'd get so much more work done that way.
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

I also want an ability where everything I write comes true. So if I wrote that I'm going to be a billionaire in five minutes, it would happen. If I wrote that I was vacationing in Hawaii, I would instantly find myself in Hawaii. I think it would be a powerful and pretty amazing ability to have. Honestly, it might be too powerful.
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Ayisha M Ashruf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayisha-m-ashruf.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Ayisha M Ashruf »

If I were to have superpowers, I would want to travel through time and watch history unfold. But I wouldn't change anything because I feel that would be wrong.
dragonet07
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 23031">The Beauty of the Fall</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1718
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonet07.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by dragonet07 »

I would want my super ability to be invisibility. It would really come in handy whenever I run across someone I don't want to talk to or I want to take a walk but am not in the mood to have any human interaction. Besides, I could sneak into theme parks and movie theaters for free. Not the most honest use of a super ability but definitely one of the most entertaining and useful.

However, given my personality and the sensitivities that I already have, I would more likely be an empath, the kind that can feel and absorb others' emotions. In that case, I suppose I would try and put it to good use by absorbing people's pain and helping them get through it. The kicker would be not letting all those emotions drive me to brink of insanity and an emotional meltdown...
CarrieMe
Bookshelf Size: 357
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carrieme.html
Latest Review: "Away From The Sun" by Rebecca brisbane

Post by CarrieMe »

Like some people have said already, I NEEEEEEED the ability to teleport. Going to far away places instantly would be nice, but I actually want it more for day-to-day things. I'm always late and the whole process of getting to work, the store, etc. just drives me nuts, so I would love to avoid all that.
Latest Review: "Away From The Sun" by Rebecca brisbane
Jennifer Allsbrook
Favorite Book: Nightlord: Sunset
Currently Reading: An American Hedge Fund
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-allsbrook.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon

Post by Jennifer Allsbrook »

If had the opportunity to take on a super ability, I would like to be able to heal those that were sick or injured. This is one of the things I have really enjoyed while reading Whited's Nightlord series. Being able to travel through cyberspace or through time would also be cool and of course don't forget the ability to fly!
leia99
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by leia99 »

Flying, so I can go anywhere and it not cost anything.
enochsuccess

Post by enochsuccess »

wonderful

Return to “Discuss "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman”