What is Your Biggest Regret?

Discuss the June 2017 Book of the Month, Superhighway by Alex Fayman. Superhighway is the first book in the Superhighway Trilogy, so feel free to use this forum to discuss not only the first book but also the other books in the series.

View Superhighway on Bookshelves
apulliam
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-apulliam.html
Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer

Re: What is Your Biggest Regret?

Post by apulliam »

I regret not saving more for my kids' education. They are teens, and college is looming. Time has passed all too quickly, and college will be here for my son in two years. If I had it to do over, I would have saved more and spent much less when they were both small.
Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer
jamesabr
Currently Reading: The Gulf
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jamesabr.html
Latest Review: "Adam Exitus" by Nicholas Abdilla
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by jamesabr »

My biggest regret would be enlisting in the US Army. Before I get tomatoes thrown at me, I know that it's good for some, but I attempted suicide while in Basic Training. It was a dark time for me.
Latest Review: "Adam Exitus" by Nicholas Abdilla
dk danso
Currently Reading: My Trip to Adele
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by dk danso »

big regret?????
an accidental intercourse......................
dragonet07
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 23031">The Beauty of the Fall</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1718
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonet07.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by dragonet07 »

Donnavila Marie01 wrote:My biggest regret is not enjoying my teenage life the typical way. I did my best to be a good girl because I wanted my mom to love me more.
I have similar regrets. I held high standards for myself, took on more than I probably should have as a senior, and ended my high school years very stressed and feeling like I had left everyone down. (In reality I didn't but I have a warped view of that time in my life.)

My biggest regret, however, is more an offshoot of that: not working harder to maintain relationships with all the friends I've made throughout my life. From my childhood friends to high school and university friends, I don't see any of them in person anymore. I keep OK contact with them through Facebook but it's just not the same. Most of us are spread across the U.S. at this point and my friends in my Master's program are all around the world (online distance learning), so I don't really have the chance to see most of them.

They say we regret more what we don't do than what we actually do, and I can definitely say that I more regret not keeping better contact with my friends than anything I've actually done.
The more that you read,
The more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
The more places you'll go.
~Dr. Seuss
Ndalila Peter
Currently Reading: James and the Birthday Balloon
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by Ndalila Peter »

My biggest regret was to study medicine , clinical medicine and surgery in abroad which I didn't manage due to lack of finances
Lennycat
Currently Reading: finding nary
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lennycat.html
Latest Review: Saving Nary by Carol DeMent

Post by Lennycat »

My biggest regret is not trying harder and giving up when people were discouraging. I should have had more courage to stand alone.
Maria joraimah
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 92854">The Zodiac Killer</a>
Currently Reading: Unbroken
Bookshelf Size: 28

Post by Maria joraimah »

If I have to live my life all over again, I think I'll leave it just the way it turned out now. I may not have a perfect one but it's just a matter of getting used in confronting the ups and downs of life and well, see the beauty of living.
" HAPPINESS is finding PEACE within yourself! " :D
Naval Aulakh
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naval-aulakh.html
Latest Review: "The Deserving" by Efren O'brien

Post by Naval Aulakh »

My biggest regret is fighting with a very close friend of mine. I could prevent that fight but I didn't and now I regret that. But I am trying to bring my friend back :)
Live Life to the Fullest and Enjoy Reading!!
Latest Review: "The Deserving" by Efren O'brien
Yoli García
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yoli-garc-a.html
Latest Review: A taste of Cuba by Birgitte R&oslash;ddik

Post by Yoli García »

This is a tough question because the choices I made in the past made me the person I'm today. That being said, I might have wasted less time in people who didn't deserve my friendship and love. But I wouldn't have learned lessons and find the right path. I also might have studied something lucrative. I love History but it is not lucrative. I sometimes think I should have stayed in the Chemistry department.
"What matters in life is not what happens to you but what you remember and how you remember it."

-Gabriel García Márquez
Kinnera
Currently Reading: Escape
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kinnera.html
Latest Review: "A Faithful Son" by Michael Scott Garvin

Post by Kinnera »

Nothing specific I can think of, but I do wish I'd balanced college and life differently. Maybe I would've ended up with a different perspective in life.
Latest Review: "A Faithful Son" by Michael Scott Garvin
Jeyran Main
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 336
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeyran-main.html
Latest Review: "Stalking The Shadows" by BJ Edwards

Post by Jeyran Main »

Even though everything has happened for a reason, for me. I would have still liked to have made a faster decision on what I majored in, at the end.
Latest Review: "Stalking The Shadows" by BJ Edwards
Vallen Kale
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vallen-kale.html
Latest Review: "Keys to Tetouan" by Mois Benarroch

Post by Vallen Kale »

Great question. I have a lot of regrets, to be honest. But all of them happened because of one thing: I lacked the confidence and bravery to do the things I want to do. My biggest regret is that I should ignored the fear and do things I wanted to do.
Latest Review: "Keys to Tetouan" by Mois Benarroch
Mk_nezbit

Post by Mk_nezbit »

My biggest regret was falling in love with the wrong guy even tho the love was one sided
Aohanlon86
Favorite Author: Charlaine Harris
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amcdanel86.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi
fav_author_id: 3791

Post by Aohanlon86 »

My biggest regret was not playing soccer in school. I wish I had asked my parent to join a team instead of hiding at home
Andrea O'Hanlon
Twisted Creations Home & Bath
Author
evans musyoki

Post by evans musyoki »

frankly i don't consider any of my mistakes in life as regrettable. I always am open to learn new things from my mistakes for they give me a second chance to do what has failed in a better version and make it successfull

Return to “Discuss "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman”