What is Your Biggest Regret?

Discuss the June 2017 Book of the Month, Superhighway by Alex Fayman. Superhighway is the first book in the Superhighway Trilogy, so feel free to use this forum to discuss not only the first book but also the other books in the series.

View Superhighway on Bookshelves
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

What is Your Biggest Regret?

Post by Amagine »

In the book, Alex's choices and actions causes people close to him to get hurt. We see many times that he feels regret for some of the choices that he made.

Looking back on your own past and choices that you made, what is your biggest regret?
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
EMoffat
Currently Reading: Norse Mythology
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emoffat.html
Latest Review: A Life In Waiting by Katrina Benson

Post by EMoffat »

I would say my biggest regret is not studying zoology at university. I always wanted to work with animals, and I wish I had followed that dream. That being said, I wouldn't be where I am today if I had followed that path - so maybe there is no regrets, only different paths
jemgirl202
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 870
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jemgirl202.html
Latest Review: My Angel My Hero by Brenda E. Mcdaniel

Post by jemgirl202 »

I wish I would have focused more in high school and in college. I got good grades but I also did the bare minimum. I would have liked to get a scholarship somewhere. But in the end, it all worked out. I love the college I went to and graduated with my Bachelor's in History. I even was able to study at the University of London one summer. I plan on going back to get my Master's next year.
Janien van Rooyen
Currently Reading: The Everett Exorcism
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janien-van-rooyen.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami

Post by Janien van Rooyen »

My biggest regret looking back is not allowing myself more time to enjoy my kids. I have twins, everything was always rush rush when they were babies. I know now that I should've made more time for cuddles and kisses, the house, washing and bottles weren't really that important. It's the time I lost and can't get back.
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

That's a tough one. I think my biggest regret is not enjoying college more. So few responsibilities and yet I don't think we really take advantage of that time. I also wish I had really done more in the way of learning what I studied instead of just memorizing it for a test.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
jemgirl202
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 870
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jemgirl202.html
Latest Review: My Angel My Hero by Brenda E. Mcdaniel

Post by jemgirl202 »

Janien van Rooyen wrote:My biggest regret looking back is not allowing myself more time to enjoy my kids. I have twins, everything was always rush rush when they were babies. I know now that I should've made more time for cuddles and kisses, the house, washing and bottles weren't really that important. It's the time I lost and can't get back.
It goes so fast! Twins! Oh my goodness! I have a 5 year old and an almost 2 year old. I can't imagine having twins. I feel stressed out as it is. But I know how you feel. My 5 year old starts kindergarten in August and he will be gone M-F, all day. This will probably be more of an adjustment for me than for him! But I often wonder the same thing. What if I played more trucks and Candyland rather than do the dishes? It is so hard for me watching them get older, you want to get stuff done but also don't want to miss out on the precious time we have with them.
Donnavila Marie01
Currently Reading: the one
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi

Post by Donnavila Marie01 »

My biggest regret is not enjoying my teenage life the typical way. I did my best to be a good girl because I wanted my mom to love me more.
csimmons032
Favorite Author: Stephenie Meyer
Favorite Book: Twilight and The Last Song
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 706
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-csimmons032.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
fav_author_id: 2594

Post by csimmons032 »

Maybe not trying to be more sociable as a teenager. I was home schooled, which I loved and was necessary because I was sick and in the hospital quite a bit as a teenager, but I did not have any friends and did not care too much about making any. I think that has made it a little difficult for me to connect with people today even though i try to be more sociable now.
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

My biggest regret is not majoring in education the first time I went to college. I wish I would've known better back then. I would've been saved a lot of time and money.
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Donnavila Marie01

Another regret that bothers me at times is not accepting a good job offer because I thought that I was not yet ready to handle such challenge. Looking back at the offer and considering my status at present makes me feel sad and wonder.
Lest92
Currently Reading: Oil and Marble
Bookshelf Size: 199
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lest92.html
Latest Review: The Everywhere Spirit by Nicholas Applin

Post by Lest92 »

Not enjoying my youth as I should - it seems all I do is worry and work my life away.
e-tasana-williams
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-e-tasana-williams.html
Latest Review: Monkey Mind Madness by Sharon Dorival
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by e-tasana-williams »

I regret not traveling with my children more before now. Dreams of traveling with them and learning languages together have been delayed far longer than I ever thought they would be. The good news is that I still have a few years with them to realize some of those dreams, and expose them to new worlds.
Once you learn to read, you will be forever free ~ Frederick Douglas
Donnavila Marie01

jemgirl202 wrote:I wish I would have focused more in high school and in college. I got good grades but I also did the bare minimum. I would have liked to get a scholarship somewhere. But in the end, it all worked out. I love the college I went to and graduated with my Bachelor's in History. I even was able to study at the University of London one summer. I plan on going back to get my Master's next year.
Wow! How nice. I also have a soft spot in history, though I did not finish Bachelor's in History. The big names in the past like Thomas Jefferson, my favorite Abraham Lincoln, John F. Kennedy, among others.
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Beyond the Wand
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: Lugares Amables by Lidice Megla
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

I honestly can't think of a big regret from the past. I feel every experience and mistake has led me to the life that I live now, and I love my life and the people I surround myself with. :)
Heidi
Official Reviewer Representative

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

hsimone wrote:I honestly can't think of a big regret from the past. I feel every experience and mistake has led me to the life that I live now, and I love my life and the people I surround myself with. :)
That is a REALLY great way to live your life! If only we could all live our lives that way, the world would be a happier place!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman

Return to “Discuss "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman”