Who Had the Biggest Impact on Your Life?

Discuss the June 2017 Book of the Month, Superhighway by Alex Fayman. Superhighway is the first book in the Superhighway Trilogy, so feel free to use this forum to discuss not only the first book but also the other books in the series.

View Superhighway on Bookshelves
Moniquejm
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 2759">What is and isn't Working for the Alcoholic and Addict</a>
Currently Reading: Small Change
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moniquejm.html
Latest Review: "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger

Re: Who Had the Biggest Impact on Your Life?

Post by Moniquejm »

My parents had the biggest impact in my life because their advises and good doings were my guide in facing everyday life.
Latest Review: "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger
SilviaP21
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silviap21.html
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka

Post by SilviaP21 »

I would have to say my husband. Not that my parents didn't have a huge impact. But my husband pulled me out of my bubble and made me the woman that I am today
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka
ifeoma obike
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ifeoma-obike.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami

Post by ifeoma obike »

My Mother had the biggest impact in my life. She has been through a lot in her life, but still stands firm and strong, never willing to give up. I draw a lot of strength, hope and confidence from her. I always thank God for having her in my life and I pray God keep and bless her.
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
Ebe Read
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3364">Good Omens</a>
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebe-read.html
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Ebe Read »

Definitely L Ron Hubbard. Inspite of the controversy that surrounds his creations and concepts, he has changed my life and my ability to look at others and things from a viewpoint that enhance those I look at and see. I will always be thankful that I had the guts to go and investigate inspite of all the bad information and publicity that circulates the world about him,
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller
lencer anyango owuor
Currently Reading: Prophase
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by lencer anyango owuor »

my father since he taught me how to live with my brothers and sisters with respect and taught me how to cope with friends and colleagues with high order of discipline because he is a disciplinarian
Kelebogile Mbangi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelebogile-mbangi.html
Latest Review: At Day's End, I'll Always Be Me by Jerry A. Greenberg

Post by Kelebogile Mbangi »

Snowflake wrote:It would be hard not to say my parents had the biggest impact on my life but I have also had many "helpers" along the way including an awesome grade 2 and 3 teacher who just had so much compassion and love for her students. I remember her as one of the few people at school who really saw "me".
This is so true. One of my " helpers" was my grade 9 English teacher. She brought poetry to life and believed so much in my writing skills. To this day I love writing because of her.
"And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)
KID, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!" - Dr. Seuss
NikkyT
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikkyt.html
Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by NikkyT »

I think all my family has had a big impact on shaping me as a person but if I had to chose one person it would have to be my Dad, he taught me strength and I wouldn't have made it to where I am today without being strong.
Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer
PRAXIDES
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 98862">The 11.05 Murders</a>
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praxides.html
Latest Review: "Missing Pieces" by Christine Betts

Post by PRAXIDES »

My mom has the biggest impact in my life. I grew up in a polygamous family set up. My mum had to always struggle with taking care of us. She could do anything to ensure we don't lack. She taught me to be hardworking and the need to always stay focused and determined in life. She made me who Iam today. My mom, my star my mentor.

-- 01 Jul 2017, 13:01 --

My mom had the biggest impact in my life. I grew up in a polygamous family set up. My mum had to always struggle with taking care of us. She could do anything to ensure we don't lack. She taught me to be hardworking and the need to always stay focused and determined in life. She made me who Iam today. My mom, my star my mentor.
Latest Review: "Missing Pieces" by Christine Betts
godreaujea
Currently Reading: Station Eleven
Bookshelf Size: 347
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-godreaujea.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by godreaujea »

I have a friend who has always continuously been supportive and understanding throughout my life. She is seven years older than me, so as I was growing up she was able to pass on very valuable advice while helping me overcome obstacles. I honestly don't know what I would do without her.
desareedany
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-desareedany.html
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann

Post by desareedany »

My dad. He always made our time with him fun. My parents divorced when I was 3. I was always lucky enough to have a dad that always came for me and my sister when he said he would and brought us on vacations to six flags every year. Every time we were with him he played board games, card games, and video games with us. He took us to the movies or skating and we just always enjoyed our time with him. He always made us feel loved which a lot of people unfortunately don't get to have.
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann
gamlet
Currently Reading: Lord of the Flies
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gamlet.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Post by gamlet »

I often don't want to admit it because there is much that I didn't like about him, but the person who definitely made the greatest impact in my life was my father. He surrounded our home with books. Thus, I grew up with a love for reading. He played chess. I love it. Unfortunately, I also inherited some of his voices. Whether for good or for bad he affected me.
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
Kinini Charles
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Kinini Charles »

Definitely my Mom,i lost my dad when i was 9 years old.before his death i used to see my dad occasionally,that means i spent most my time with my mom.She has taught me how to remain cool whenever i am in a provocative situation.She has taught me that people are more important than money.She is my inspiration that no matter how bad things look you should never give up.This year will be her 22nd living positively with HIV and going strong.
Naval Aulakh
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naval-aulakh.html
Latest Review: "The Deserving" by Efren O'brien

Post by Naval Aulakh »

My father has made me a very positive person. My father taught me to have faith in god and the art of praying. He has the greatest impact on my life. I inherited the habit of reading from him.
Live Life to the Fullest and Enjoy Reading!!
Latest Review: "The Deserving" by Efren O'brien
Harrygx3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harrygx3.html
Latest Review: Tulip by Raymond Reed Hardy

Post by Harrygx3 »

My grandma and current girlfriend had and have the hugest impact on my life and have helped me become a great person in ways i couldnt think of. If they werent in my life i would be way different.
TangledinText
Currently Reading: The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
Bookshelf Size: 321
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookfix-blog.html
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks

Post by TangledinText »

My environment shaped me. I wouldn't give the credit to any one person or one thing. I am still being shaped daily by my experiences and interactions, but I do definitely see how I react to things being similar to both my parents.
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks

Return to “Discuss "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman”