Man as servant of technology

Discuss the June 2017 Book of the Month, Superhighway by Alex Fayman. Superhighway is the first book in the Superhighway Trilogy, so feel free to use this forum to discuss not only the first book but also the other books in the series.

View Superhighway on Bookshelves
khusnick
Currently Reading: Atlas Shrugged
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khusnick.html
Latest Review: The Elf Coup - Book Three of the Magi Charter by Jordan David

Re: Man as servant of technology

Post by khusnick »

Technology is a tool for a lot of people. It aids our communication, education, and entertainment experiences. We live in a time where anything we could ever want to know is only a few seconds away. If used properly, technology is definitely a useful thing. It's the people who live for likes and clickbait articles who become servants to technology, but that doesn't make it so for everyone.
AYISHA_ASH
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayisha-ash.html
Latest Review: "My Mother Called Me UNNI" by Dr. Venugopal K. Menon

Post by AYISHA_ASH »

I guess it depends on the user. We use it to access many things and make things easier. But technology becomes master when we forget human values.
Latest Review: "My Mother Called Me UNNI" by Dr. Venugopal K. Menon
k2rugman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k2rugman.html
Latest Review: Rituals of Season by Giovanna Ess

Post by k2rugman »

I think it's situational. In done cases I know people who are addicted to technology and social media and I know of others who use technology to develope and promote worthy causes and cultivate successful businesses. It depends on how you use it.
Books_are_Life
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 940
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-books-are-life.html
Latest Review: The Gryphon by Paula Grover
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Books_are_Life »

I agree with everyone so far. It defiantly depends on why you use it. If you use it just to use it I would say you are the servant. If you use it yo better yourself or someone else it is a servant. I would also say using it to connect with others is another way to use it as a servant.
barb429
Bookshelf Size: 176
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barb429.html
Latest Review: "Tears That Changed a Nation" by Charles L. Tucker
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by barb429 »

I definitely think that we are servants of technology (myself included!). Sometimes I find it disheartening, as I sit around and look at my family - we get together and everybody is staring at their screens! But I'm also very grateful for what technology has brought us, and want more.
Latest Review: "Tears That Changed a Nation" by Charles L. Tucker
WestIndie001
Favorite Author: James M. Gabagat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-westindie001.html
Latest Review: "Everything I Know about Business and Marketing, I Learned from THE TOXIC AVENGER" by Jeffrey W. Sass
fav_author_id: 125024

Post by WestIndie001 »

Technology was meant to make our lives easier. It does. Someone else mentioned that it depends on the individual. Tech helps us to be more efficient. But If you're the self-indulgent type, you'll be on the internet all day and be on your phone every minute.
Latest Review: "Everything I Know about Business and Marketing, I Learned from THE TOXIC AVENGER" by Jeffrey W. Sass
kislany
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 527
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kislany.html
Latest Review: Golden Skies by Juan Zapata

Post by kislany »

If the many books and TV series are to be given credibility, we are soon becoming servants of technology. AI is real and it only takes a genius to implement it in a way that we'll forever slave after 'superior' intelligence species...
Kalin Adi
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kalin-adi.html
Latest Review: French for Girls by JP Wright

Post by Kalin Adi »

It depends... There are people who are slaves of the technology. They've become so addicted to it that they neglect their families and friends. They are aware of the latest gadget in the industry, yet they don't even remember their mothers' birthdays. On the other hand, there are people who can use the technology as it is, a useful tool, so the technology is at their service.
TheSeelieCourtJester
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theseeliecourtjester.html
Latest Review: "My Ladybird Story" by Magus Tor

Post by TheSeelieCourtJester »

I believe that technology is still a servant of man. We use technology for transportation, infrastructure, food, learning, ect. We also use it to fight wars, and build up treaties through the use of translation applications. Still, it's gotten strong enough to the point where we realize we do need to take care of technology in order for it to continue serving us. It's like a good steward outlook on the environment and money, but with technology.
Latest Review: "My Ladybird Story" by Magus Tor
rhiza021
Currently Reading: Roadmap to the End of Days
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhiza021.html
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon

Post by rhiza021 »

I think it could be both depending on the individual.
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
Naval Aulakh
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naval-aulakh.html
Latest Review: "The Deserving" by Efren O'brien

Post by Naval Aulakh »

These days, people have become so dependent on technology that they cannot perform even simple tasks themselves. So, man has become servant of technology.
Live Life to the Fullest and Enjoy Reading!!
Latest Review: "The Deserving" by Efren O'brien
Yoli García
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yoli-garc-a.html
Latest Review: A taste of Cuba by Birgitte Røddik

Post by Yoli García »

I think technology could be both beneficial and detrimental to society. It could be beneficial because it makes possible medical, communication, spatial, and even entertaining advances. But it could detrimental because people and businesses are starting to rely too much on technological advances. Examples are machines replacing people in jobs, kids who don't play outside, fake friendships because of social media, and lack of privacy. Another big problem is technology falling in the hands of the bad guys.
"What matters in life is not what happens to you but what you remember and how you remember it."

-Gabriel García Márquez
jimthorne2
Favorite Book: Christians in the Age of Outrage
Currently Reading: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 165
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jimthorne2.html
Latest Review: California: On the Edge of American History by Ronald Genini
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by jimthorne2 »

A man is more than the technology he uses. If he doesn't realize this, he has an addiction and needs a cure.
Jim Thorne
peter malole
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by peter malole »

i think man is servant of technology because today people have been addicted by technology rather than doing other useful things
Pm7lucas
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pm7lucas.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
Reading Device: 1400699169

Post by Pm7lucas »

A lot of people are definitely slaves to technology, and I fear it's going to get worse and worse. I only have a smart phone for a year, and already I can't imagine how I survived without it! I don't think I fall into the "slave" category, but it would be easy to get there!

Paula :D
"I think therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami

Return to “Discuss "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman”