What Do You Think of "Real" Superheroes?

Discuss the June 2017 Book of the Month, Superhighway by Alex Fayman. Superhighway is the first book in the Superhighway Trilogy, so feel free to use this forum to discuss not only the first book but also the other books in the series.

View Superhighway on Bookshelves
Mindy Conahye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindy-conahye.html
Latest Review: WIND by Ellen Dee Davidson

Re: What Do You Think of "Real" Superheroes?

Post by Mindy Conahye »

I applaud those who try to protect their neighborhoods and try to make a difference in this world. However, we do have superheros in everyday life. We have police, firefighters, those serving our country. We have doctors and nurses. These people save lives.
Mac :techie-reference:
jjmainor
Currently Reading: The House Where Evil Dwells...Thirteen Tells
Bookshelf Size: 171
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jjmainor.html
Latest Review: Beyond Cloud Nine (Beyond Saga Book 1) by Greg Spry

Post by jjmainor »

Sadly, it's only a matter of time before one of these people gets shot. Worse, one of them will someday pull a George Zimmerman and kill an innocent person because they assumed that person was a "bad-guy."
Atara Miles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atara-miles.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Atara Miles »

I'm just amazed that people actually do that. I would've sworn this only happened it comics. They must be really brave, not only to face the possible danger but to withstand the reactions of those who might mock them for it. I've always wanted to explore my inner Catwoman but I don't think I'm brave enough to introduce her to other people.
Sarah Schmidt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Vine Witch
Bookshelf Size: 271
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-schmidt.html
Latest Review: First Survivor by Mark Unger

Post by Sarah Schmidt »

There's an unofficial task force in my neighbourhood that I used to laugh at for a long time until I saw the effects of their efforts. They didn't go the mile to dress up in costume but their constant patrolling without any form of armour or training was slightly amusing when I was younger. They did end up intimidating a lot of the miscreants in te community, and I learend a thing or two about judging based on appearance aloe.
Moneybag
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moneybag.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Moneybag »

Well I think its an American thing.

Return to “Discuss "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman”