The difference between real life and Superhighway

Discuss the June 2017 Book of the Month, Superhighway by Alex Fayman. Superhighway is the first book in the Superhighway Trilogy, so feel free to use this forum to discuss not only the first book but also the other books in the series.

View Superhighway on Bookshelves
Kleodora
Bookshelf Size: 0

The difference between real life and Superhighway

Post by Kleodora »

What do you think about the nowadays situation of the world? And what is the difference between Superhighway and the real life?
perly buyao dioquino
Currently Reading: Broken Heart
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by perly buyao dioquino »

i don't really believe in supernatural it is just part of our imaginary for what's happening in our world nowadays...
nebula nation
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by nebula nation »

super high way is fiction first off ,it may have some realistic parts of the story however its not entirely 100% fact of real life .thats the difference .....our imagination and what is really happy is two different things
Awad Sharar
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-awad-sharar.html
Latest Review: "Lemoncella Cocktail" by Rene Natan

Post by Awad Sharar »

When facts and real life are mixed with imagination in a well developed story, the outcome is entirely wondecul.
Latest Review: "Lemoncella Cocktail" by Rene Natan
dbulkley
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dbulkley.html
Latest Review: Seer by Larry Austin

Post by dbulkley »

This is an odd question. A lot of the novel didn't necessarily seem real to me, so I'm not sure what this question means. Also, Alex is pretty unlikable so I wasn't impressed with much of this.
Latest Review: Seer by Larry Austin
Mindy Conahye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindy-conahye.html
Latest Review: WIND by Ellen Dee Davidson

Post by Mindy Conahye »

The story is fictional and based off of the main character being able to travel through the internet. Humans can't travel through the internet so that is definitely a difference. However, we all rely on the internet for so many things, including banking information that Alex was able to access while inside the net. There are evil people who do bad things to make money while other people are struggling in the real world. That would be a similarity.
Mac :techie-reference:
Atara Miles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atara-miles.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Atara Miles »

I think the similarity between the vulnerability of our information is hard to miss. So too is the greed for wealth and the weakness of human will. One the other hand, Alex has the ability to jump into the internet and as far as I know, no one has that superpower just yet. Also, we always want to see justice carried out as we deem it fit but either lack the resources or the capability to carry it out versus Alex actively taking on the vigilante role.
Sarah Schmidt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Vine Witch
Bookshelf Size: 271
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-schmidt.html
Latest Review: First Survivor by Mark Unger

Post by Sarah Schmidt »

I think the most similar topic is the unfairness of life. Alex faces that reality from an early age and does the best with what he has to surpass that. It's different in many ways - one of which is you can't go to every country you wish and have them coincidentally all speak the same language.
Moneybag
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moneybag.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Moneybag »

I really don't believe in supernatural powers, I just think is an imagination.
Samuel Okoye 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by Samuel Okoye 2 »

The difference is that "realism" is spiced-up with fantacy. In real life, its all reality, and there's a very high chance its not gonna be all that rosy.

Return to “Discuss "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman”