View on relationships

Discuss the July 2017 Book of the Month, My Trip to Adele by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer.

View My Trip to Adele on Bookshelves

View My Trip to Adele on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 685
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Re: View on relationships

Post by Manang Muyang »

AliceofX wrote:I think their situations are too different to compare because abuse is not the same as neglect. That said I'd probably say Yaser's side. My parents split up when I was about 10 or 11, and there are just no words to explain the pain that comes from a broken home.
I agree with AliceofX. The ultimate victims of separation are the children. Marriage always needs a lot of hard work, sacrifice, and prayers.

But I also do not recommend staying in an abusive relationship, as this scars the children too.
Naana Osei
Currently Reading: My Trip to Adele
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Naana Osei »

I think if u are with someone
You give in your all and the person is not returning the same thing back it makes the relationship unhealthy and also very difficult for the two to actually connect
EWinters
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ewinters.html
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare

Post by EWinters »

I agree that their situations are different, but in either situation, I support leaving. A split family does not have to be traumatic for the children involved, and often, the only reason it is so traumatic is because the couple waited too long to split because they wanted to "try to work it out for the the kids." As a result, by the time they finally split, they absolutely hate each other so working together to make the split easier for their children is impossible. Some things, even if they seem minor, just can't be worked out. Watching a parent being abused and watching two parents trying to make a bad marriage work both negatively affect children, albeit, in different ways.
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare
Aishwariya
Currently Reading: The Expansion
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aishwariya.html
Latest Review: "Roadmap to the End of Days" by Daniel Friedmann

Post by Aishwariya »

Relationship word stands for very beautiful bond shared by two divinely souls. If they are not in tune to understand and share all aspects of peaceful, healthy and happy living,than there is no point to be in it. As Nadia reflects that thought to may be make herself and help her husband to have more peaceful life by walking away. Sometime, letting go is better than holding on hard. Her husband on the other hand seems to be very nice gentleman, who is ready to hold on for his child. As i personally being no expert, letting go is the better solution for family as an whole.
Latest Review: "Roadmap to the End of Days" by Daniel Friedmann
Ama Idim
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ama-idim.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty

Post by Ama Idim »

Though marital issues, both problems are different in a way. I'm on both sides, abusive relationships are a no no... No one deserves that
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
melangeliedc

Post by melangeliedc »

I also could not stand in an abusive relationship. When one is in that kind of relationship, that will never ever be a healthy and promising situation to anyone's children. As for me, it is better for the children to live at peace with one parent than living with both parents yet in a violent home.
kislany
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 527
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kislany.html
Latest Review: Golden Skies by Juan Zapata

Post by kislany »

I am against abusive relationships, of course. If a relationship proves to become one, a divorce of split is the best course of action, especially if kids are also involved. Nobody wants to grow up in a traumatic/abusive atmosphere, not if they want to remain sane.
aksmithbook
Currently Reading: When No One Else Believed
Bookshelf Size: 1257

Post by aksmithbook »

abusive relationships are not healthy and neglect hurts.
DanceRhythm
Currently Reading: Idiot
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dancerhythm.html
Latest Review: "The Elf Brief" by Jordan David

Post by DanceRhythm »

AliceofX wrote:I think their situations are too different to compare because abuse is not the same as neglect. That said I'd probably say Yaser's side. My parents split up when I was about 10 or 11, and there are just no words to explain the pain that comes from a broken home.

I agree with the first part completely. However, I was in a completely opposite situation as a kid. I watched my parents struggle to stay together for my sake, and hated it! I felt guilty and unhappy watching them try to work out an unfulfilling marriage and failing time and again.

I would definitely take Nadia's side.
Latest Review: "The Elf Brief" by Jordan David
Quamena
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Quamena »

I totally agree with Nadia. Why must I settle in an unfulfilled relationship just for my kids. Just move away when you feel like you've had enough of the treatment. And establish yourself all over again. But don't use the love you have for your kid to stay in an unfulfilled relationship.
Adelich

Post by Adelich »

I support Nadia's view , Because i saw that impossible life when to be without feeling or trust , we must end this life with any Sacrifices , i respect yasser view but he should be a strong man to give his life some of dignity. Sacrifices may be Required in our life but not in honor .
Brenny
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenny.html
Latest Review: "Keys to Tetouan" by Mois Benarroch

Post by Brenny »

I am with Nadia on this topic. As much as you may love your children to great lengths, an abusive relationship will have its negative effects on you. Your emotions will change, your frustrations will increase and you may end up hurting the very children you think you are protecting. It is better to seek help so all parties may have peace with their choices.
Latest Review: "Keys to Tetouan" by Mois Benarroch
Terry Njambi
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-terry-njambi.html
Latest Review: "Tips, Myths and Rips: A Physician's Advice" by Morton E.Tavel

Post by Terry Njambi »

I believe an unfulfilling relationship can be corrected, after all, marriage is hard work and one has to put in some effort from their end to make things work, so long as there is no abuse. On the other hand, an abusive relationship should not be tolerated at all. I agree with Nadia on not tolerating an abusive relationship. It is not worth her life and that of her kid. If i was Nadia, i would leave and start afresh.
Latest Review: "Tips, Myths and Rips: A Physician's Advice" by Morton E.Tavel
Anjini
Currently Reading: My Trip To Adele
Bookshelf Size: 35

Post by Anjini »

I am completely on Nadia's side. I applaud her for being strong and standing up for herself. No one should be in an abusive relationship. It's damaging and detrimental to all those who are involved, directly or indirectly.
May-an Tinangag
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by May-an Tinangag »

My side is for Nadia. I do also believe that one should not stay in an abusing relationship for the sake of the kids. As long as I can raise them, I will go away in that abusive relationship. For me, he is not the only person who is living in this world and I believe that their is a true person who can love me for who I am and what I am.

Return to “Discuss "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer”