Do you believe in magic?

Discuss the July 2017 Book of the Month, My Trip to Adele by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer.

View My Trip to Adele on Bookshelves

View My Trip to Adele on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
Rosemary Okoko
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-okoko.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz

Re: Do you believe in magic?

Post by Rosemary Okoko »

I don't believe in magic though i can't explain how people who practice it succeed in duping us.
Scerakor
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 315
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scerakor.html
Latest Review: Gaslighting & Narcissistic Abuse Recovery: by Don Barlow

Post by Scerakor »

Donnavila Marie01 wrote:
Dh_ wrote:I don't believe in magic, as much as I want it to be real. I think there's an explanation for everything and can't wrap my head around things appearing out of thin air. I would like it to be real though.
I just consider things which are beyond the explanation of science to be magic. They will remain magic until science can give explanations to them.
That sounds eerily similar to a quote by Arthur C Clarke, "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
Elle Howard
Currently Reading: If life stinks get your head outta your buts
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elle-howard.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by Elle Howard »

I was at an expo and there was a booth where you could get your aura read. My friend and I did it for laughs. The lady recited my life back to me like she had lived it herself. She knew private details about me that I had shared with no one. She even told me to give up on my car. It was a piece of junk and needed replacing. No one knew how much trouble I was having with that car. I have been a believer of magic every since.
Any book that helps a child to form a habit of reading, to make reading one of his deep and continuing needs, is good for him.
–Maya Angelou
walter7
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-walter7.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Post by walter7 »

If it happens infront of me yes I will belief not just stories that someone keeps telling me
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
Atabon Della
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atabon-della.html
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Atabon Della »

No, i dont believe in magic however, of people arw able to do srrange and crewpy things, i tjink Njunit could only be from some supernatural power, not natural forces.
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
readandsmile
Currently Reading: Boom! A Revolting Situation
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readandsmile.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by readandsmile »

Magic is a sort of tricks and evil for me. I don't like it, for it causes many people to fall on sinning. It exist throughout the world.
Reading is an antidote for...
Anger
Burdens
Discouragement
Fears
Hopelessness
Loneliness
Sadness
Tiredness
Gratey12
Currently Reading: Marvel Science Stories Nov 1950
Bookshelf Size: 588
Reading Device: B00P93430Q

Post by Gratey12 »

Magic, or magical can be anything. It can mean something that can't happen yet has happened anyway for some people. Or, it may mean some kind of belief in a thing that is not common or universal to everyone. For example, a person who is healthy and strong may survive in a very bad environment where there's an epidemic or mass sickness. That person is "magical" compared with others.
geoffrey ngoima
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-geoffrey-ngoima.html
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
Reading Device: B00UB76290

Post by geoffrey ngoima »

Yeah, magic/the supernatural
To posit that the war brings us closer to faith is a sleight of hand that makes fools of us all. "There Are Only Atheists in Fox Holes"~ Michael Carson
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
Eric77
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eric77.html
Latest Review: "Ever After" by H M Irwing

Post by Eric77 »

I believe in magic. There's a difference between intuition and magic. When someone who's never known you tells you specifics of your most kept secret, that's magic, but when your best friend does, it's intuition.
Latest Review: "Ever After" by H M Irwing
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-0719672189.html
Latest Review: "Heartaches" by H.M. Irwing

Post by 0719672189 »

Insomniac07 wrote:I do believe in magic, but not the kind that happens in fantasy novels. I see magic in little things in life, like how someone who's a stranger today could turn into one of our beloved within a few days or weeks. The way flowers bloom overnight when yesterday it was just a tiny bud; isn't that magical? Yes, there is probably science behind all these, but that doesn't make them feel any less magical, in my opinion.
This is magic i would believe but its always interesting to watch the tricks.
Latest Review: "Heartaches" by H.M. Irwing
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

Yes magic is reality even holy books approve this fact. piety and evil exist side by side.So magic is the devil's weapon.we can't deny this reality. Evil people often use it to achieve their aims. Though it can not harm anyone without God permission.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
Chelsy Scherba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jordan David
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 837
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelsy-scherba.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
fav_author_id: 64963

Post by Chelsy Scherba »

Not magic necessarily, but I do believe in God and his spiritual powers, which is very magical. Prophecy is really interesting to me, especially when it comes true. Psychics can be real and very accurate. There's a lot of magic in the world; I love it.
Vivian Paschal
Favorite Author: John Grisham
Currently Reading: Southern Cross
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-paschal.html
Latest Review: What is priest Nation, The Seed, and the H5G by Herbert Scholes
fav_author_id: 2455

Post by Vivian Paschal »

Insomniac07 wrote:I do believe in magic, but not the kind that happens in fantasy novels. I see magic in little things in life, like how someone who's a stranger today could turn into one of our beloved within a few days or weeks. The way flowers bloom overnight when yesterday it was just a tiny bud; isn't that magical? Yes, there is probably science behind all these, but that doesn't make them feel any less magical, in my opinion.
In believe in magic in this sense.
But if it's the regular magic talked about in books and movies, I don't believe that one. Yet, if one refers to spiritual powers and abilities as magic, I believe it exists. It really just depends on what sense we understand magic in.
csimmons032
Favorite Author: Stephenie Meyer
Favorite Book: Twilight and The Last Song
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 706
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-csimmons032.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
fav_author_id: 2594

Post by csimmons032 »

No I do not believe in magic, or at least not in the sense that everyone thinks of. I am a Christian, so I know that strange and odd things can happen, and that God can make anything happen. I do believe that people can see angels and I even believe people can see demonic things or even what they would consider to be ghosts (which I believe to come from the devil and not God). Many of these type of things could seem as if they are magic, but I do not consider them to be.
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
Child
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-child.html
Latest Review: "Roadmap to the End of Days" by Daniel Friedmann

Post by Child »

If advanced and sophisticated technology can be considered as magic then I believe in magic.
Latest Review: "Roadmap to the End of Days" by Daniel Friedmann

Return to “Discuss "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer”