Nadia, A Survivor

Discuss the July 2017 Book of the Month, My Trip to Adele by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer.

View My Trip to Adele on Bookshelves

View My Trip to Adele on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
ktom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ktom.html
Latest Review: Trip to Adele by R I Alyaseer and A I Alyaseer

Re: Nadia, A Survivor

Post by ktom »

Nadia is a strong woman for sure, but I found her decisions to be somewhat reckless. If she didn't have a son, then I would agree with her actions, but when you are responsible for the wellbeing of a child, you must act accordingly. People will oftentimes go to any extreme to harm you if you defend yourself, and what better way to harm someone than to go after someone they love, like a child. She is indeed a survivor but she also needs to think through some of her decisions going forward. Thanks for the post!
"There are few hours in life more agreeable than the hour dedicated to the ceremony known as afternoon tea." - Henry James
Ayosinmi
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayosinmi.html
Latest Review: "A Nation Divided" by Anthony R. Flagg

Post by Ayosinmi »

ktom wrote: 22 Feb 2018, 09:14 Nadia is a strong woman for sure, but I found her decisions to be somewhat reckless. If she didn't have a son, then I would agree with her actions, but when you are responsible for the wellbeing of a child, you must act accordingly. People will oftentimes go to any extreme to harm you if you defend yourself, and what better way to harm someone than to go after someone they love, like a child. She is indeed a survivor but she also needs to think through some of her decisions going forward. Thanks for the post!
That's another perspective from which one can see it but it goes to show that no person is flawless. Lol. Great input, I must say
Lord, protect me from my friends; I can take care of my enemies.
Voltaire, 1694-1778
ktom
Currently Reading:

Post by ktom »

Amen to none of us being flawless lol. I have to be honest, I struggled to read through parts of this book. The authors really made me feel the oppression Nadia was going through. That's a lot of drama for one woman, so yes, she is definitely a survivor. I wanted to punch her ex when they were trying to get on the plane and my heart totally ached for her son. I wouldn't have covered for him though..hmmm perhaps that makes me a bit reckless lol!
"There are few hours in life more agreeable than the hour dedicated to the ceremony known as afternoon tea." - Henry James
Ayosinmi

Post by Ayosinmi »

ktom wrote: 22 Feb 2018, 10:56 Amen to none of us being flawless lol. I have to be honest, I struggled to read through parts of this book. The authors really made me feel the oppression Nadia was going through. That's a lot of drama for one woman, so yes, she is definitely a survivor. I wanted to punch her ex when they were trying to get on the plane and my heart totally ached for her son. I wouldn't have covered for him though..hmmm perhaps that makes me a bit reckless lol!
Hahaha! I feel you there. Definitely a lot for one woman to take but what do we see, a woman who took it all and survived in spite of everything. I definitely would not cover for the oaf of a guy. In fact, I will take time to explain everything to my son, so that he would be well informed. I have a very low tolerance for such things. The boy needs to grow up in my opinion.
Thanks for the beautiful input
Voltaire, 1694-1778
ktom
Currently Reading:

Post by ktom »

Yes, exactly! I wondered why she didn't take the time to explain everything to him. It didn't have to be in a spiteful way or anything, just calmly explaining what was going on in a mature way.

Thanks so much for your responses! It's so nice to chat and meet interesting people :)
Ayosinmi

Post by Ayosinmi »

ktom wrote: 22 Feb 2018, 11:07 Yes, exactly! I wondered why she didn't take the time to explain everything to him. It didn't have to be in a spiteful way or anything, just calmly explaining what was going on in a mature way.

Thanks so much for your responses! It's so nice to chat and meet interesting people :)
The pleasure is all mine. I appreciate your input greatly too. Hopefully, we would meet again in the forum. Cheers
Voltaire, 1694-1778
ktom
Currently Reading:

Post by ktom »

:tiphat: I look forward to it!
Ria710
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 166
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ria710.html
Latest Review: The Magic Lantern by Charles Townsend

Post by Ria710 »

I didn't really feel challenged by Nadia's character, but she encouraged me to never give up on anything.
Ayosinmi

Post by Ayosinmi »

Ria710 wrote: 25 May 2020, 11:58 I didn't really feel challenged by Nadia's character, but she encouraged me to never give up on anything.
I understand your feeling, that encouragement is a whole lot compared to the others.
Regards! And thanks for bringing me back to the forum, I haven't been here in years.
Voltaire, 1694-1778

Return to “Discuss "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer”