The stuggles of life

Discuss the July 2017 Book of the Month, My Trip to Adele by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer.

View My Trip to Adele on Bookshelves

View My Trip to Adele on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
Kalin Adi
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kalin-adi.html
Latest Review: French for Girls by JP Wright

Re: The stuggles of life

Post by Kalin Adi »

simplymica26 wrote: 15 Jun 2018, 03:50
Kalin Adi wrote: 27 Jul 2017, 11:26 I think each situation is different and the decisions we make in life depend a lot on our personality. Moreover, we should not compare our situation with somebody else's, but I agree on the fact that if a person makes a pact/vow/promise, he/she is obliged to fulfill it. In the story Yaser did wrong. He did not honor his vow.
I agree with you! There's nothing to compare as we experienced life differently. But with Yaser, I don't think he truly love his wife. He easily forget everything and leave her behind.
Exactly! He forgot he made a promise, which nobody forced him to make.
Kister Bless
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kister-bless.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Kister Bless »

Each character had their struggles and how they dealt with it. Just like in life everyone has their struggles and the way of dealing with them.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies . . . The man who never reads lives only one.” – George R.R. Martin.
faint9
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67

Post by faint9 »

Taking time to reflect on what your partner has done will avert much confusion and conflicts in a relationship. Hasty action will lead to future regrets. Dialogue is the best medicine to any conflict.
10mile72
Favorite Book: My Trip To Adele
Currently Reading: The Message?
Bookshelf Size: 309
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-10mile72.html
Latest Review: Marriage 101 by Rodney D Sewell

Post by 10mile72 »

Kyle789 wrote: 25 Jul 2017, 08:02 The characters all face different struggles. Each of them developed different ways of dealing with them. If you were in any of their shoes, would you have done the same as them or would you have gone a different route?

Personally I believe Yaser should not have been quick in his judgement of his wife. He should have been a loyal and dependent husband even when he had conflicting views and beliefs.
Totally agree with you about Yaser! He was much too judgmental.
10mile72

Post by 10mile72 »

jemgirl202 wrote: 29 Jul 2017, 09:04 When I read, I always like to think I would do something differently than the characters. However, it is hard to say. I believe the experiences we go through shape us into who we are or cause us to learn more about ourselves in some way and that contributes to how we react to different circumstances. So not everyone will ever have the same reaction.
Exactly! We have to put ourselves in the characters shoes, their culture, their family backgrounds. Nothing happens in a vacuum.
10mile72

Post by 10mile72 »

ritah wrote: 29 Jul 2017, 14:42 What I have a problem is when people talk about "considering the kids" when in an abusive relationship as a reason to stay! Are you kidding me??! Kind consideration for your kids and yourself would be to walk away before anyone gets seriously hurt emotionally/physically. Staying in an abusive relationship isn't an act of charity for your kids. So yea if I were in Nadia's shoes I'd have put one foot in front of the other and never looked back.

As for Yaser, I'd have preferred he stay faithful. I value loyalty so I'd like to think I'd have stayed faithful even if the relationship wasn't going well. If I remained unhappy and in conflict with my partner ultimately instead of betrayal I'd end the relationship.

Elias did great in not pursuing Malika when he find out she was underage.
Right on! Staying for the sake of the kids is only the right thing to do if you genuinely think you can salvage the relationship; otherwise nobody benefits.
Ria710
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 166
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ria710.html
Latest Review: The Magic Lantern by Charles Townsend

Post by Ria710 »

I think I would have done the same thing as Nadia. She loved her son and that's important. As for Yaser, I would have gone a different route. I think he should have spent some quality time with his wife by sitting down and talking about their issues in detail.
Cocobutta
Currently Reading: Hidden Current
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cocobutta.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Cocobutta »

It is different with every marriage and every relationship so I tu ink this can only be analyzed on a case by case basis.In Yaser’s case he really didn’t care about his wife.

Return to “Discuss "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer”