Unforgettable Concert Experience

Discuss the July 2017 Book of the Month, My Trip to Adele by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer.

View My Trip to Adele on Bookshelves

View My Trip to Adele on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
Gingerbo0ks
Currently Reading: All the Crooked Saints
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gingerbo0ks.html
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Unforgettable Concert Experience

Post by Gingerbo0ks »

AmeliaLovesBooks wrote:A string of unknown bands. They connect with their fanbase a lot more.
Love watching relatively unknown bands!!
"One must always be careful of books, and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.”
― Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Angel
jennyd2003
Currently Reading: Kind Nepenthe
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennyd2003.html
Latest Review: The Witch of Endor by RK Wheeler

Post by jennyd2003 »

My then boyfriend bought tickets to see a group I loved and we got to see them in person. He didn't care for the music but did it for me. He even danced with me though he hates to dance. I got to spend an evening with my favorite person in the world watching something I liked and he would still do it with me again today.
Yeosin Mary
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Yeosin Mary »

I have never been to a concert before and none has changed my life but still I would love to go to concerts.
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 685
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

Go experience one soon, Yeosin Mary. It's something like a big party, especially if the crowd is young.
sohollywood07
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 431
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sohollywood07.html
Latest Review: "The Expansion" by Christoph Martin
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by sohollywood07 »

Oh gosh, so many!! My first concert (Backstreet Boys, haha!) We bought some "signed" pictures and other trinkets from some guys in the parking lot - before we could pay them for the stuff, the cops showed up and arrested them, so we got all of our stuff for free! Another was the Warped Tour festival - stayed up all night the night before causing trouble, then spent the whole day at the festival - I think I was up for 30+ hours. Good times! Being a responsible adult really puts a downer on causing mischief and partying hard ;)
Latest Review: "The Expansion" by Christoph Martin
Trina Higgs
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trina-higgs.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by Trina Higgs »

My most memorable experience was at a Disturbed concert I went to when I was in my early twenties. I had gone with my cousin and his best friend, both of whom are over six feet. We ran into a sixteen year old girl, who had been abandoned by her group, and as we tried to get through the crowd to find her friends we got sucked into a mosh pit. I'm average height and such but this girls was taller than me. So what ended up happening is I put my arms around her trying to shield her and my cousin and his friend tried to do the same with us in the middle. We ended up having around seven other guys adding to the circle to try and help so we could get out. Poor girl was just crying her eyes out. I had gotten several bruises but I was glad, when push came to shove (literally) people came together to help.
"A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities."
J.R.R. Tolkien
Manang Muyang
Favorite Book:

Post by Manang Muyang »

Wow, that was a truly disturbing experience haha. That must be some crowd. I am glad people helped.
Karen0823
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-karen0823.html
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller

Post by Karen0823 »

Concert-going is one of my favorite past-times and I've been doing it since I was a teenager. It's like an out-of-body experience where I feel myself being transcended through time and space. I love the feeling of the instruments going through my body. I've had many memorable experiences at concerts. Freddie Mercury from Queen threw me a carnation. I was standing so close to the stage at an AC/DC concert that Bon Scott's sweat dripped on me. I was present at a U2 concert in Maryland where the band manager was later arrested for inciting a riot because when Bono sang 'come on down' from the song, 'Bad', everybody did exactly that. Security was wearing shirts that said 'Crowd Control' and I'll never forget what Bono said...'We don't need crowd control. The crowd can control themselves.' Not really, Bono. I once attended a 3-day concert in Dallas, Texas in the 1970's. What a blast!
Manang Muyang
Favorite Book:

Post by Manang Muyang »

Wow, you are the concert expert, Karen0823! I bet you still have that carnation tucked between the pages of a favorite book.
Karen0823
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-karen0823.html

Post by Karen0823 »

Miriam Molina wrote:Wow, you are the concert expert, Karen0823! I bet you still have that carnation tucked between the pages of a favorite book.
You know I do ;)
Kat Kennedy
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kat-kennedy.html
Latest Review: "All About Water" by Greg Chick, Marta Zarrella

Post by Kat Kennedy »

I love concerts. I don't think I've ever been to a bad one. My favorite was the first time I got to see Bob Dylan because he was such an inspiration to me. That was a great night!
Latest Review: "All About Water" by Greg Chick, Marta Zarrella
Trina Higgs
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trina-higgs.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by Trina Higgs »

Miriam Molina wrote:Wow, that was a truly disturbing experience haha. That must be some crowd. I am glad people helped.
Hi Miriam, yeah it was disturbing. (haha good one by the way) I think that should have been enough of a hint about what the rest of the concert was going to be like. You can try and stay out the mosh pits but sometimes it really can't be help. I am also hypoglycemic, so before the concert I made sure my levels where balanced. With that particular situation mention in me first post, it made my levels plummet. My cousin had to carrier my and practically steamroll his way out to the side before I fully pasted out. People would say that sounds like a very bad night altogether but it wasn't. Bad no, just unforgettable.
"A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities."
J.R.R. Tolkien
Manang Muyang
Favorite Book:

Post by Manang Muyang »

Unforgettable! But please don't play with hypoglycemia, Trina Higgs. You take care.
Gingerbo0ks
Currently Reading: All the Crooked Saints
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gingerbo0ks.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Gingerbo0ks »

I had a concert a couple of weeks ago. They really can be amazing experiences to share with close friends.
Especially if it's the first time seeing a certain band, makes it really special.
"One must always be careful of books, and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.”
― Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Angel
cherryalakei
Currently Reading: anita blake burnt offerings
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cherryalakei.html
Latest Review: "30th Century: Escape" by Mark Kingston Levin

Post by cherryalakei »

I attended a Celine Dion concert when I was about 11 or 12, and it was amazing. I was very much in love with her music back then, and played her cds all the time. My dad took me to see her twice, but the concert I remember was the 2nd time, after Titanic had become a mega hit. She performed My Heart Will Go On on a balcony set to look like the ship, and I will never forget the power in her voice when she sang that song. The whole show was amazing.
Latest Review: "30th Century: Escape" by Mark Kingston Levin

Return to “Discuss "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer”