Relevance of My Trip To Adele

Discuss the July 2017 Book of the Month, My Trip to Adele by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer.

View My Trip to Adele on Bookshelves

View My Trip to Adele on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
Phikim
Favorite Book: Skills of the Warramunga
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 189
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phikim.html
Latest Review: "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger

Relevance of My Trip To Adele

Post by Phikim »

My Trip To Adele is a story relevant in today's life. Numerous challanges that people experience in marriages and relationships but when analysed you realize that they add up to almost similar causes. Men wonder what women require to an extent of researching from relevant books. This has not been different for women too. It has remained a riddle up to this digital era.

The book remains interesting, entertaining and above all, very informative. That's why I undoubtedly accorded it a 4 out of 4 stars. My question is, how may experience or have experienced similar problems as these set of relationships go through?
Latest Review: "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger
Victoriana
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoriana.html
Latest Review: "Can I Be Frank?" by Rob Wyatt

Post by Victoriana »

I most certainly agree that the book bears relevance to today's life. It is about a failed marriage, complicated and complex relationships between men and women, about the pointlessness of marriage and sex discrimination, themes still very much present nowadays.

The book is gripping, gives a lot of information about Morocco as well ans somewhat shocking in the end. I enjoyed reading it and I most certainly recommend it.
Latest Review: "Can I Be Frank?" by Rob Wyatt
Aldebaran Jones
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aldebaran-jones.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Aldebaran Jones »

I think the book is very much relevant in today's society, it having been written in this era about the concerns of this era. While the marital relationships in the book bears easy resemblance to those of today, I found the wandering persona of the Moroccan equally captivating. Too often we look to the past, the future or simply look elsewhere to find a love that resides within our sphere.

The book was a painstakingly precise encapsulation of life as it is for our generation and represented a beautiful parallel to the lyrics of Adele's albums. It was a most enjoyable read and I would recommend it to Adele lovers and non lovers alike.
SashaP
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by SashaP »

this book was interesting as to the relevance and time it was written. i honestly would advise that this book is widely read
ifeoma obike
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ifeoma-obike.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami

Post by ifeoma obike »

This book deals a lot with important issues people are facing today. It throws a lot of questions on marriage, divorce, religion. Yaser's questions on the basis of marriage is something people should carefully look into before jumping into marriage
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
Doaa Wael
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-doaa-wael.html
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Doaa Wael »

I do agree that the issues discussed in the book were relevant to today's society. This book was initially written in Arabic to be published for Arabs as I mention in my latest review. Therefore, the problems discussed were abstracted from the reality of the society in the Arabic world
Imagination Trumps Reality.
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
Scrawling Pen
Currently Reading: Snape
Bookshelf Size: 138
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scrawling-pen.html
Latest Review: The Queen of Xana by Fred Pilcher

Post by Scrawling Pen »

I think that this book is definitely relevant in real life. Overall, I didn't really enjoy the book because it felt unrealistic, but that was mostly because of the character interactions. The situations--child prostitution, male dominating cultures, etc.--are very real and very important to discuss.
Ria710
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 166
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ria710.html
Latest Review: The Magic Lantern by Charles Townsend

Post by Ria710 »

I think a lot of people can relate to the issues those couples in the book are facing in today's society.

Return to “Discuss "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer”