What causes a man to be unfaithful?

Discuss the July 2017 Book of the Month, My Trip to Adele by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer.

View My Trip to Adele on Bookshelves

View My Trip to Adele on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
ifeoma obike
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ifeoma-obike.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami

Re: What causes a man to be unfaithful?

Post by ifeoma obike »

There are so many reasons why men cheat but nothing justifies it because at the end of the day you know it is wrong but still chose to do that. There is always more than one solution to a problem but if cheating is the choice you made then you not the circumstances is to be blamed
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
ebethina
Currently Reading: Homeport
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebethina.html
Latest Review: "Temptation Trials Part II" by B. Truly

Post by ebethina »

I think what causes a man to be unfaithful is the women not treating him the way he wants them to. Then there is the pleasuring side I guess you could say. I also wonder if Men find it even more exciting knowing they can get away with being unfaithful
Latest Review: "Temptation Trials Part II" by B. Truly
Ljessup
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ljessup.html
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka

Post by Ljessup »

I don't think it is just men that should be under the microscope when discussing this topic. Women can be unfaithful as well. I think that in both cases the choice is made by the individual. I think the reason can differ from person to person. Unhappiness, and the unhappy person could just leave, but maybe the don't want to be alone. Wanting to have your cake and eat it too is also something that comes to mind when analyzing this topic, and that could just be for bragging rights, or because someone feels completely empty and just needs something to make them feel. I don't think it is right in any regard, but it is an interesting topic to dissect. I don't think there is an actual universal answer to this. I have known great men and women that have cheated on their significant others. I didn't write them off as bad people, though I questioned their integrity momentarily, but that made me realize that there really isn't an answer for this because it can change for person to person and be something completely different in every scenario.
Ashley Crane
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-crane.html
Latest Review: "Don't Let It Show" by Randy Boucher

Post by Ashley Crane »

Of course the reason isn't the same for everyone in every situation, but I've always thought a big part of it is the excitement of doing something you're not supposed to. Relationships are extremely tough, and even the best ones can sometimes leave us feeling bored and trapped. It's not that we don't want to be with that person, but we want to somehow feel free at the same time, like sneaking out of your parents' house in the middle of the night.

I think we also strain to maintain our individuality. We share so much with our partners; eventually, even most of the same stories and memories. Cheating is a moment that is all yours, an exciting secret all your own.

I've never cheated, but when something makes me angry, I analyze the crap out of it to try to gain an understanding of where the other person may be coming from.
Latest Review: "Don't Let It Show" by Randy Boucher
KlareAllison
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 238
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-klareallison.html
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E. Tavel

Post by KlareAllison »

What makes a man unfaithful? Nothing. A man who wants to be unfaithful will be unfaithful no matter what the circumstance is. Also, no matter how perfect his woman is, a man with wondering eyes and heart is bound to be unfaithful. He must continue to chase after the wind, unrestrained, until such a time he hits a brick wall in his chase.
"Sometimes I find myself sitting in one spot for hours, staring at nothing, feeling nothing, and most disturbingly, caring about nothing".

- Mahbod Seraji, Rooftops of Tehran
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E. Tavel
Zupanatural
Currently Reading: The Book of Strange New Things
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zupanatural.html

Post by Zupanatural »

And no one has mentioned biology??? Like it or not, males have 2 primal urges- to hunt & to produce offspring. Any of these other possibilities mentioned are just smokescreens thrown up by modern society as far as I'm concerned. It would be a far far more interesting question to ask why women "cheat" as it goes against the equivalent female urges.
Katherine Smith
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 524">Nancy Drew</a>
Currently Reading: The Complete Tales and Poems of Edgar Allen Poe
Bookshelf Size: 504
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katherine-smith.html
Latest Review: "Whisky tango foxtrot...copy" by John regan
Reading Device: B01KVZV52A

Post by Katherine Smith »

I think that infidelity is a choice that is made by a partner who does not show respect for the feelings of his partner. I think that when men blame their significant others for the infidelity, it merely shows that they are unwilling to own up to their mistakes. I also agree that cheating is the result of an unhealthy relationship in which both people do not share their feelings or concerns with each other.
Latest Review: "Whisky tango foxtrot...copy" by John regan
Zupanatural
Currently Reading: The Book of Strange New Things
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zupanatural.html

Post by Zupanatural »

Another infidelity thread? Really??? If your partner chooses to be with someone else at some point, either accept it as human nature & get on with your life or else take full responsibility for it yourself & work out how you can prevent it from happening again. That may sound harsh but it's reality.
Gikonyo Caroline
Currently Reading: Big Things Have Small Beginnings
Bookshelf Size: 351
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gikonyo-caroline.html
Latest Review: Concealment by Rose Edmunds

Post by Gikonyo Caroline »

He has underlying issues especially emotional for example parental or generational, or it is his character, he thinks it won't go too far I.e "it is only coffee and she is my wife's best friend nothing can happen syndrome " but soon the other woman has moved in ", ( let no one fool you women can be witty , cunnning, and calculating ),he thinks the grass is greener on the other side , he thinks he can get away with it, he thinks he can have his cake and eat it too, he thinks it is only sex nothing more..... the list goes on and on
GPM
Favorite Book: The Diary Of An Immortal (1945-1959)
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gpm.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by GPM »

Sarah Tariq wrote:Man of wicked nature always find excuses for unfaithfulness and blame women for this.
I also find this true most of the time. Why blame the other party? :)
"A man learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people." - Will Rogers
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Riptidemom8
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riptidemom8.html
Latest Review: "Hello, My Love" by Evy Journey
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by Riptidemom8 »

Being unfaithful is a choice. Most cheat because they are always looking for something or someone they think is better.
Latest Review: "Hello, My Love" by Evy Journey
GPM
Favorite Book: The Diary Of An Immortal (1945-1959)
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gpm.html

Post by GPM »

Riptidemom8 wrote:Being unfaithful is a choice. Most cheat because they are always looking for something or someone they think is better.
Some people really do not think that what they have is the best.
"A man learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people." - Will Rogers
Londera
Favorite Author: Lauren Oliver
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... elirium</a>
Currently Reading: World, Incorporated
Bookshelf Size: 391
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-londera.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2442

Post by Londera »

Nothing.People are singular individuals so asking why men cheat is like asking why women cheat or stay in unfaithful relationships. Everyone has a different reason, but mainly because they choose to.
Oliver Ekaso
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oliver-ekaso.html
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Oliver Ekaso »

akeseh wrote:This is an important topic which needs to be discussed at length. The following are some of the reasons.
1. Women who deliberately refuses their partners sex.
2. When a woman is not sexually active in bed.
3. Bad friend on the side of the man.
4. Prolonged ill health of the woman
5. When a woman does not dress decently etc.
On point. But I would want to add that one who has self control and the fear of God can still remain faithful in spite of the quoted points.
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
Barbiedole
Currently Reading: The One (The Only One) #1
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbiedole.html
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann

Post by Barbiedole »

To me, there's no particular reason for unfaithfulness. Whoever wants to be unfaithful will be unfaithful.
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann

Return to “Discuss "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer”