Do you believe in Black magic?

Discuss the July 2017 Book of the Month, My Trip to Adele by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer.

View My Trip to Adele on Bookshelves

View My Trip to Adele on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
Sparkles609
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sparkles609.html
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Do you believe in Black magic?

Post by Sparkles609 »

In "My Trip to Adele" by A.I Alyaseer and R.I Alyaseer, Elias believed that black magic by his 8 years ago lover's mother was the cause of his separation from her.

-- 28 Sep 2017, 20:17 --

I actually do. I believe it works with people who believe in them and or have affiliations if some kind with it. This is not intended to probe or argue religion, race or gender, just your two pennies worth with instances maybe
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
juliusotinyo
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliusotinyo.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by juliusotinyo »

Hi,
I've actually done research on this ever since I read The serpent and the rainbow (can't remember the author's name) In it, the author carried out research on actual zombie phenomena in rural Haiti.

His findings pointed out to use of herbs and secret drugs that if measured correctly can alter a person's consciousness uptown a near-death state. Of particular interest was datura soliniferum.

I am African, and I've experienced in my society unexplained phenomena. But also as a professional researcher, I aim to debunk such phenomena, including black magic. And this is my conclusion. The human thought process is extremely powerful, able to influence even actual events-like the power of assertion which is a science. And finally, these shamans/sorcerers have an usual knowledge of plant or animal chemistry, and they can and do- drug you!

Case in point, a local boy ran mad one day after refusing advice from his father. It was rumoured his dad visited a shaman. I managed to get him to a far away hospital (local hospitals feared touching him) where among other things, his blood was tested. High levels of Psilocybin was found in his system. Unknown to almost everyone, some mushrooms in the area have this compound. The last thing the boy remembered is his dad offering him a sweet mushroom meal!

I don't believe in black magic.

-- 29 Sep 2017, 04:55 --

But I do believe that people can be sufficiently influenced through assertiveness and drugs.
eelavahs-jay
Currently Reading: Island of the Gods
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eelavahs-jay.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by eelavahs-jay »

I believe in science but I know for a fact that black magic exist. I've seen it done cruel things to people. I've witnessed perfectly healthy people suddenly wake up insane. It's crazy!
T_Elizabeth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by T_Elizabeth »

What an interesting topic! I would have to agree and say that black magic does exist. However, I link it to the term phenomenon, for I believe black magic can be interpreted in many different ways and therefore can stem from numerous things. One person may see black magic as stemming from biology while another person may say it stems from faith. So, one may not even realize that they believe in black magic because they refer to it as something else.
Hira1
Currently Reading: The Hunger Games
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Hira1 »

Yes ,I do believe in black magic.Being a Muslim,I have a firm belief in it. It was first known to Solomon. Even in my family ,I have seen people affected by this horrible phenomena
Vaidehi_23
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Vaidehi_23 »

It does exist. I haven't seen it with my own eyes but I know who has suffered because of it, so, a big yes!
Mtsweni Nelsy
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtsweni-nelsy.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Mtsweni Nelsy »

I used to be hearing stories of witchcraft practises in the community I lived in when growing up. So, I wouldn't say that I believe in it, but that I am convinced that it exists. :techie-reference:
cherryalakei
Currently Reading: anita blake burnt offerings
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cherryalakei.html
Latest Review: "30th Century: Escape" by Mark Kingston Levin

Post by cherryalakei »

I definitely do. My family is descendent from witches, Indians and psychics. Psychic abilities run in the family, straight down to me as well. I think however, the term "black magic" can mean something different for everyone. In this case, Elias's black magic meant curses or hexes. I read tarot, and to some people that aren't in the know or who oppose beliefs other than theirs, some would say that's black magic, but I've always been taught it wasn't. To me black magic is spells, hexes, curses cast out of negative energy. A Satanic cult-black magic. A witch who only casts spells or hexes to harm or bring bad things-black magic.

I don't think you have to believe for it to work either. I think if the power is strong enough and you've got the right things to make it happen, you'd be unsuspecting and it could still impact you.
Latest Review: "30th Century: Escape" by Mark Kingston Levin
Ria710
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 166
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ria710.html
Latest Review: The Magic Lantern by Charles Townsend

Post by Ria710 »

I'm not sure whether I believe in it but it is a very interesting topic.
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I don’t believe in black magic but I do believe that individuals can be toxic to the people around them.
Cocobutta
Currently Reading: Hidden Current
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cocobutta.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Cocobutta »

Black magic exists but some people are just toxic it’s not magic
Tazyeen Hassan
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Tazyeen Hassan »

I believe in the universe, where positive and negative energy exists. I believe in god which makes me believe in evil power or the existence of black magic. our ancestors have mentioned both good and bad magic in almost all cultural and religious books, they must have experienced or seen something.

Return to “Discuss "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer”