How's Your Relationship With Your Parent?

Discuss the August 2017 Book of the Month The Expansion by Christoph Martin.

View The Expansion on Bookshelves

View The Expansion on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
Christina Rose
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 135
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christina-rose.html
Latest Review: The Last Leaf to Fall by Amy M. Watson
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent?

Post by Christina Rose »

I have a very positive relationship with my parents. We may not always see eye to eye, but that is to be expected. My relationship with them has only strengthened with me having children of my own. My parents are wonderful grandparents, and they are a huge part of my support system.
Seraphia Bunny Sparks
Currently Reading: Heroes of the Empire
Bookshelf Size: 655
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seraphia-bunny-sparks.html
Latest Review: The Undying Queen of Ur by Abraham Kawa & Arahom Radjah
Reading Device: B01J94T4R2

Post by Seraphia Bunny Sparks »

In my situation it depends on the parent. My mom and I have an okay relationship. She's been the one who's been there for me all my life and while I appreciate her sometimes I feel she oversteps her boundaries and tries to be a part of too much. Granted it doesn't help that I'm staying with her to help out around the house but we have our good moments. As for my relationship with my other parent...there is none. In my mind when it comes to him I don't exist. I think to him I am the problem child that he can ignore because it's convenient. My dad does a lot for his step-son and his family and my brother but has nothing to do with me. It upsets my mom knowing that he ignores me but it's a truth that I've had to face and that my daughter, his only grandchild, has had to face as well.
MrsCatInTheHat
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrscatinthehat.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 0

Post by MrsCatInTheHat »

Amagine wrote:In the book, some of the most interesting dialogue and conversation came from Godfredo and his father Paco. We see that the two don't really have a great relationship as Paco places money and power over his own son.

How is your relationship with your dad or mom? Do you have a good foundation with them? Or is the relationship similar to Godfredo and Paco?

I have good relationships with both of my parents. We had some rough patches when I was a teen and young adult, but I think that's pretty normal. I cannot imagine a father treating a son the way Paco treated Godfredo. Even Godfredo knew his father was wrong and went against him. That took quite a bit of courage.
Life without a good book is something MrsCatInTheHat cannot imagine.
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

My mum has always supported and understood me. With time, now that I am grown up, in retrospect it appears she's been able to read my mind all along. This because even before I volunteer information she would suggest something which would be an answer or a possible answer to a problem I was having! Our relationship is simply amazing I must admit!
Kalin Adi
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kalin-adi.html
Latest Review: French for Girls by JP Wright

Post by Kalin Adi »

My mom raised me, so I get along really well with her. She's a very hardworking woman. She knows hot to sew and makes clothes for me. She's like another friend. However, even though I didn't grow with my dad, we get along as well. He's very talkative and smart.
k2rugman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k2rugman.html
Latest Review: Rituals of Season by Giovanna Ess

Post by k2rugman »

I have a really good relationship with my parents. I always count the days until I can see them again. We always have a great time when we get together.
Darakhshan Nazir
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darakhshan-nazir.html
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Darakhshan Nazir »

I lost my mother when I was a child, and there's no single day when I don't miss her. It has created a hollow void in my heart that I believe could never be fulfilled. So, I couldn't even remember what a daughter-mother relationship is like. Talking about father, he is the most dedicating person I have ever scene. My relation with my father is much different than 90% of father-daughter relation. We both are shy to express our love. I never said 'dad I love you' neither did he . And we never shared hugs like others but he gave his life to me and my siblings. He has done everything for us . He never made us feel lack of anything whether it's money, support or love.He stood by us always. And my words are never enough to thank him .
Do Read And Comment On My Latest Review!!
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
Bluecobia
Currently Reading: Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluecobia.html
Latest Review: The miner by F.Robert

Post by Bluecobia »

I always got along well with my parents. However my brother and sister had major problems with them. I think it had a lot to do with different personalities. I loved time I could spend with them both.
Latest Review: The miner by F.Robert
LadyPudu
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladypudu.html
Latest Review: "Heaven and Earth" by Arturo Riojas

Post by LadyPudu »

I'm very close to my parents and I think most of my decisions are shaped by our relationship.
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

My relationship with my parents has always been very good. Specially with my mother b/c I am more close to her. They have always supported me in my endeavors to achieve my aims.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
jemgirl202
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 870
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jemgirl202.html
Latest Review: My Angel My Hero by Brenda E. Mcdaniel

Post by jemgirl202 »

I have different religious and political views than my parents do. Sometimes I can tell that really bothers them. But overall we have a great relationship. Even though I live an hour away from them, they come up to visit or I go visit them at least once a week.
Miriamsam
Currently Reading: The Award
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miriamsam.html

Post by Miriamsam »

I adore both my parents. We argue about issues and disagree sometimes but we always end up fixing it. They mean the world to me
Marylynn
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marylynn.html
Latest Review: "McDowell" by William H. Coles

Post by Marylynn »

I have always had a nice relationship with my parents.Though i feel the relationship was a bit rocky when i was a teenager.
Latest Review: "McDowell" by William H. Coles
rjthegreat92
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rjthegreat92.html
Latest Review: "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White

Post by rjthegreat92 »

My relationship with my parents is amazing. We see each other all the time, they are there when i need them and vice versa. I couldnt imagine my life without them.
Latest Review: "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

I have an excellent relationship with my mother (father now deceased). I think my relationship with my parents got better as I matured and learned to appreciate them more for what they taught me and all their sacrifices to feed, educate, clothe, etc., me and my siblings. I am very thankful for both of my parents.

Return to “Discuss "The Expansion" by by Christoph Martin”