Overall Rating and Opinion of "The Expansion"

Discuss the August 2017 Book of the Month The Expansion by Christoph Martin.

View The Expansion on Bookshelves

View The Expansion on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
Ugbabe
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Overall Rating and Opinion of "The Expansion"

Post by Ugbabe »

It was OK, though not the best of ending but in all it was ok
oluwaseun abiodun
Currently Reading:

Post by oluwaseun abiodun »

:doh: :) it's amazing experience I had while reading the book,the book exalt so many life changing challenges and how to overcome them.
Nnamdi Sam
Currently Reading: Ripcord Recovery
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Nnamdi Sam »

I reviewed the Expansion as well. It really is slowpaced but i guess cliffhanging is good for me , so i therefore rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.
domthegodofbooks

Post by domthegodofbooks »

soo far for this book i am at the half of it and its not to bad but not to good you see i been reading books for the past 10 years and more and believe i tried reading as most as possible but this book is kind of interesting but i find cliffhanging realy intense in a type of way soo i'll give this book a 3 out 4 stars
Mathew Makau

Post by Mathew Makau »

I found the book so captivating....i really loved every page of it, i would highly recommend it for my friends,
Domnickenga

Post by Domnickenga »

My rating for the book would be 4.. It's not my type of genre.. So I took long to read the book.. For a thriller this book was too slow for me.
Lakeishankirote98

Post by Lakeishankirote98 »

I think the build is alittle bit slow for a thriller and for that i give it 3.5 stars
Dementedim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Dementedim »

I didn't ready care for it. I thought that the plot was all over the place. But it was easy reading, not badly written. I would have like it to be a little bit more faster pace. 3/4
writer808
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-writer808.html
Latest Review: The Chest of Visions by Tim Ferguson

Post by writer808 »

I started it but it took me a long time to finish it as i was not into it.
Rebecca_sanders16

Post by Rebecca_sanders16 »

I liked the book it was really anticipating although I’m a fan of mostly romantic fiction it was pretty good to just sit and read
karaijus22

Post by karaijus22 »

didn't ready care for it. I thought that the plot was all over the place. But it was easy reading, not badly written. I would have like it to be a little bit more faster pace. 3/4
NhkeiraT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nhkeirat.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by NhkeiraT »

I've read a couple of posts and I am divided. Thriller is my go-to genre but I've read a couple of posts and some say it's not that good. Regardless, I should probably give it a try.
Reaper1392

Post by Reaper1392 »

The first couple of chapters managed to pull me into the story very easily and I really liked the fact that I got to see Max's back story. This way you find out about his early life and also his parents. I did notice that there were numerous characters but once I got the names straight in my head it was very easy to follow and to keep up with who was who. All of the characters were intriguing and had their flaws which made them pretty realistic. I thought Karis was a great character and her part in the story made everything all the more interesting. I have to admit that I enjoyed the parts following Karis slightly more than Max. I'm guessing that in my case I just felt more of a connection to her character.

The story managed to keep my interest with plenty of intrigue and double dealings along the way. I liked the fact that there was a fairly slow build up to the main events but this definitely gave you a feel for the characters and built up a little bit of tension too. I really enjoyed learning more about Panama, especially the canal as I had pretty much zero knowledge beforehand. So it was actually fun to read about a place that I probably won't get the chance to visit. The scene is set well and for the most part my interest was kept there are a couple of slower parts where my attention may have strayed. However I was still very interested to see how everything would turn out in the end.
Amanda Deck
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: A Sight For Psychic Eyes
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-deck.html
Latest Review: Winds of Fall by Alberto Mercado

Post by Amanda Deck »

I read the sample, decided I really wanted to read it, and selected it...only to find it wasn't (any longer?) available in the U.S. I was so disappointed.
BraBanie

Post by BraBanie »

Creepy beginning but great ending. Sometimes the lessons learnt after reading the book is what matters. I will rate 3/4

Return to “Discuss "The Expansion" by by Christoph Martin”