Make a choice: Your career or Love?

Discuss the August 2017 Book of the Month The Expansion by Christoph Martin.

View The Expansion on Bookshelves

View The Expansion on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
ObsessedBookNerd
Favorite Book: Moon Called
Currently Reading: Morning Is Always Nigh
Bookshelf Size: 882
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obsessedbooknerd.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Re: Make a choice: Your career or Love?

Post by ObsessedBookNerd »

I’ve never fallen in love so if I did than I would chose love. Your career is a job but it’s different than love cause you are living life, it’s not a materialistic thing.
Angellasinay
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Angellasinay »

My career will always come first. I don’t believe in love, but if it’s real it will wait. You have to make sure you are where you want to be in life and love yourself before you can love another and fully commit.
Heva_Ahmad

Post by Heva_Ahmad »

I would choose love over career if he Loves me well, Because career Is useless without my love.
Milliann

Post by Milliann »

Love conquereth all things... But you need a career to help you to be stable... Career helps you to have a goal and vision.. As in you know where you're headed towards... It will also help you get some money for yourself and spouse... Career should come first.
AmySmiles
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Dana Peters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amysmiles.html
Latest Review: Sex Education for Adults Secrets to Amazing Sex and Happily Ever After Too by John Wilder
fav_author_id: 154082

Post by AmySmiles »

klbradley wrote: 01 Aug 2017, 20:57 Since I'm happily married and totally smitten for my husband, there's no way I could choose my career over love. We've been together since I was 17 years old, and I wouldn't make any kind of career choice without thinking of him first.
I agree with you on this. Always love.
Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.
–Author Unknown
Mathew Makau

Post by Mathew Makau »

love is sweet, without love we may only be successful in career but with love, our career will be awesome...we become holistic people successful in everything; family and career
Karenn_xxo

Post by Karenn_xxo »

I would love to say career because when I was kid I was always told to put my career first but right now I’ve chosen love over my career. Yes I do wish I used it more wisely because having a career is really important. Love can cause distractions .
Sumra Abbas
Currently Reading: Bama Boy
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Sumra Abbas »

Just like Paul Cohen refers in 'The Alchemist' - true love is one that let you prosper and enrich you with the spirit to grow in a best way possible. If you'll prefer love for career right now, later you'll regret for career and hence will somehow, consciously and unconsciously, perceive that it was love that caused this obstacle - love will start to fade slowly. If you choose career, with time you'll start hating that because your love was the cost you paid. So try to take both with balance.
Xyronxid

Post by Xyronxid »

For me career because love can wait anytime.But career can change your life of you have a good career you can choose all you want.
Lazarus1999

Post by Lazarus1999 »

for me I will choose my career before love why because if she truly love me she can wait for me but career wait for no man. career can't wait but love can wait.
Noraine Alissa Poria
Currently Reading: Bro Code
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noraine-alissa-poria.html
Latest Review: The Making Of A Con by Grace Larson

Post by Noraine Alissa Poria »

if you really love each other, you're going to work it out without choosing between the two.
Blue8

Post by Blue8 »

Career goes before love
Beryl456
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Beryl456 »

I would go for career love can wait, since when we go for our dreams it determines our destiny and that's life, so life can give us the love that we seek
Sympathyodeh

Post by Sympathyodeh »

As for me i choose a career rather than love, anytime i'm through with my careerer love continue. because love without a careerer is like tea with out water, when one build he/her careerer before love it may maintain there relationship financially and physically.
Ebokpo philip
Currently Reading:

Post by Ebokpo philip »

I will definitely choose my career first because love is hard to nuture when you dont have a career you only end up dissapointed

Return to “Discuss "The Expansion" by by Christoph Martin”