Life Without Your Parents?

Discuss the August 2017 Book of the Month The Expansion by Christoph Martin.

View The Expansion on Bookshelves

View The Expansion on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)

Could you live without your parents?

Yes
45%
No
55%

Total votes: 119

sophiemer642
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 97930">The Popularity Papers (The Popularity Papers #1)</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 114

Life Without Your Parents?

Post by sophiemer642 »

In the book, "The Expansion" by Christoph Martin, Max, the main character, loses his mother and father.

What would you do without your parents? Would life be more difficult or easier for you?
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

Could I live without my parents? Absolutely. Even after they die my life will have to continue on once I'm done grieving. Do I want to live without my parents? Absolutely not.
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
MrsCatInTheHat
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrscatinthehat.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 0

Post by MrsCatInTheHat »

sophiemer642 wrote:In the book, "The Expansion" by Christoph Martin, Max, the main character, loses his mother and father.

What would you do without your parents? Would life be more difficult or easier for you?
Well, I think anyone "can" but "can" and "want" are two different things. I cannot imagine my parents having not been there for me growing up but if something would have happened to them, I would have made it with the help of other family an friends.

As a "middle aged" adult, who still has both parents alive, I will be very sad when they are no longer in this world. I talk to them daily and see them monthly (they live about 4 hours away). I will survive but I'm sure there will be a hole in my heart. Together, our family will get through it.
Life without a good book is something MrsCatInTheHat cannot imagine.
Darakhshan Nazir
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darakhshan-nazir.html
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Darakhshan Nazir »

Ofcourse, there won't be anyone who would wish yo live without parents. Parents are blessing and life without them is nothing. I know that because I have lost my mother and there's no single moment that passes by without me wishing I had her with me . It's hard to survive but ofcourse you do survive like I am surviving but trust me life looses its taste.
Do Read And Comment On My Latest Review!!
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
Vivian Paschal
Favorite Author: John Grisham
Currently Reading: Southern Cross
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-paschal.html
Latest Review: What is priest Nation, The Seed, and the H5G by Herbert Scholes
fav_author_id: 2455

Post by Vivian Paschal »

I can live without them. They're not going to live forever and I know they wouldn't want to outlive me. But I really do not want to. It would be frustrating most of the time, I think, as annoying as they can be. Honestly, this is one topic I never want to think about. It really really bothers me.
Izesicle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-izesicle.html
Latest Review: With Malice Aforethought by Thonie Hevron
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Izesicle »

Amagine wrote:Could I live without my parents? Absolutely. Even after they die my life will have to continue on once I'm done grieving. Do I want to live without my parents? Absolutely not.
I second this. I have lived without my parents when I left home for school years ago. I would love to live with them again so I can stop adulting :)
Marylynn
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marylynn.html
Latest Review: "McDowell" by William H. Coles

Post by Marylynn »

I do not think that i can live without my parents. I cannot even bring myself to imagine how my life would be without them. I feel like i still need them and will always need them though i appreciate the fact that they will not always be there. :cry2:
Latest Review: "McDowell" by William H. Coles
Excitedreads
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 667">Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows</a>
Currently Reading: Rich Woman
Bookshelf Size: 142
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-excitedreads.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Reading Device: B00J8DL78O

Post by Excitedreads »

CatInTheHat wrote:
sophiemer642 wrote:In the book, "The Expansion" by Christoph Martin, Max, the main character, loses his mother and father.

Well, I think anyone "can" but "can" and "want" are two different things. I cannot imagine my parents having not been there for me growing up but if something would have happened to them, I would have made it with the help of other family an friends.
I agree it's possible to live without them, Im doing it currently. My mom died and my father is MIA, but do i want to, no. I wish very often that i had at least one of them by my side. But I'm still living and existing, regardless of the pain in my heart thst reminds me of them not being here.
Between the pages of a book is a lovely place to be...
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Jaime Lync
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaime-lync.html
Latest Review: You Are A Christian. NOW WHAT? by James Rondinone

Post by Jaime Lync »

I just traveled out to do my bachelors and I'm living in a dorm on campus. I can't ask my parents to stop their lives and travel with me. I have to live without them but I sure will miss them.
Dh_
Favorite Author: Alex Flinn
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 714">Carry On</a>
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dh.html
Latest Review: "Nobody Cares Who You Are - The Life and Times of Aceman, A Widespread Panic Roadie" by Larry Acquaviva
fav_author_id: 4010

Post by Dh_ »

I don't know what I would do. My life would temporarily fall apart because my parents mean too much to me. I can live without seeing them for a while, but I need them to be alive and sometimes I need them to take care of me like when I was little. Maybe living without them while they're alive and safe is okay, but I could not live peacefully if I lost them.
Latest Review: "Nobody Cares Who You Are - The Life and Times of Aceman, A Widespread Panic Roadie" by Larry Acquaviva
Cjgarland89
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cjgarland89.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Cjgarland89 »

I could live without my parents. Eventually they will pass away and it's just a part of life and moving on. It will be devastating when they do, but they will go on to a better place and live out their afterlives. I don't think dying is the end, and there is a comfort in knowing I will see them again eventually.
Afuglsan
Currently Reading: The Masked City
Bookshelf Size: 5445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-afuglsan.html
Latest Review: "STARLESS and Bible Black" by Gerard DiLeo

Post by Afuglsan »

My parents drive me nuts, but at the end of the day, I don't think I could live without them.
Latest Review: "STARLESS and Bible Black" by Gerard DiLeo
Acwoolet
Favorite Author: Karen Kingsbury
Favorite Book: Gone With the Wind
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-acwoolet.html
Latest Review: Touching Time by B. W. Haggart
fav_author_id: 6216

Post by Acwoolet »

It would be very difficult to live with out my mother. I know I will be very devastated when the time comes and hope to have many more years with her.
rayn11255
Currently Reading: Damaged
Bookshelf Size: 186
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayn11255.html
Latest Review: "Breaking Sandcastles" by Kirk Burris
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by rayn11255 »

I think it all depends on the parents. I am currently living without my parents and for the first time in my life even with all the extra bills and heartache they left me with I can breath easier. The weight of dealing with the constant drama is lifted. I only wish I'd cut them out of my life sooner. My vote is yes.
Latest Review: "Breaking Sandcastles" by Kirk Burris
Leyla
Currently Reading: Banished Threads
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leyla.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Leyla »

This is a very difficult question.

It would be hard, but life for me would have to continue if my parents die. The type of life I'd have would be determined by the support I'd have from family and friends.

Return to “Discuss "The Expansion" by by Christoph Martin”