Describe Your Dream Trip

Discuss the September 2017 Book of the Month, Bluewater Walkabout: Into Africa: Finding Healing Through Travel by Tina Dreffin.

View Bluewater Walkabout on Bookshelves

View Bluewater Walkabout on Amazon
Nick Rones
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nick-rones.html
Latest Review: "Border Post 99" by Kedar Patankar

Re: Describe Your Dream Trip

Post by Nick Rones »

Harley1984 wrote:Describe my dream job: Backpacking through Ireland. I have always been fascinated by their culture, plus there is a waterfall there that I was to see.
I have to agree with you. I have never been in the northern hemisphere. I am planning a trip to Ireland and Scotland in the near future.
Latest Review: "Border Post 99" by Kedar Patankar
jenjayfromSA
Currently Reading: First Family
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenjayfromsa.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by jenjayfromSA »

Believe it or not, I really want to visit the United States. We are so inundated with TV, movies etc, I want to find out if it is really like that. I'm sure the soapies are not the best introduction to the way people really live. Of course, I do know it's big and very varied. I've read a lot of history and would love to visit some of the sites of the Civil War etc. Also I want to go into a supermarket and look at the shelves! And visit a coffee shop - I hear you have 100 or more kinds of coffee you can order? I've visited London's West End, but what's Broadway like? I want to visit the Air and Space Museum. Disney World would be nice, but I doubt I could take the queues. Do Americans really eat Danish pastries for breakfast? What are Americans like in their own country? I've met American tourists here and overseas and they tend to be unmistakable. I'm told American chocolate is awful. My one taste was, but that was an Easter bunny. Guess the best chocolate isn't used for that! So many questions!
eelavahs-jay
Currently Reading: Island of the Gods
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eelavahs-jay.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by eelavahs-jay »

There are so many places I'd like to visit that I simply can not label just one as my "dream trip". I would like to visit South Africa, Philippines, Ireland and way too many places to name. I guess I'd enjoy the company of a friend, some good food and adventure. I've always wanted to go fishing so that would definitely have to be something I do. I'm also fond of camping.
Mary Garrison
Currently Reading: The Hiding Place
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-garrison.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Hacking Hippo by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Mary Garrison »

I would love to spend a month at a beach house. I know nothing about geography so any beach house would do. I would love to be able to just watch the ocean, go for boat rides and swim. I have never been able to see the ocean wildlife up close so I would love that too of course.
Harmony Hills
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 0734">Anne of Green Gables</a>
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harmony-hills.html
Latest Review: "Alba" by B. E. Okoh

Post by Harmony Hills »

I'd like to visit a place where the Borealis could be seen and enjoyed. It always fascinates me. Also, i'd like to go to South Korea and its Jeju Island. Kdrama wave is so intense here in the Philippines.
“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” ― Neil Gaiman, Coraline
Latest Review: "Alba" by B. E. Okoh
Brandi Noelle
Currently Reading: The Invention of Murder
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brandi-noelle.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by Brandi Noelle »

I have so many, but the trip I've been thinking about most recently is going with my husband to Ireland. I would love to spend a couple of weeks driving the entirety of Ireland. I would prefer to overlook the more touristy spots and focus on the hidden gems that only the locals know. Spend time relaxing in a pub and immersing myself in the culture and language. I would definitely spend a little extra time in County Antrim, as that is where my family derives from.
Anjum
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anjum.html
Latest Review: "The Elf Brief" by Jordan David

Post by Anjum »

I would like to see the whole world if possible and if technology advances in the future I would also love to go to space!
Latest Review: "The Elf Brief" by Jordan David
MsAlpha
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 20752">The Last Wish</a>
Currently Reading: Raven's Peak
Bookshelf Size: 42

Post by MsAlpha »

I would love to be able to travel by land across Europe, making stops at key cities and feasting my eyes on old castles, churches and ruins. I would also be nice to experience some of the country life along the way.
kayitare
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by kayitare »

my dream trip is to vist europe and see how developed they are.
Amystl26
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amystl26.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis

Post by Amystl26 »

Ahhh a dream trip! Quite honestly, I kind of just went on mine the first week of October. Take away majority of the people and the bigger city feels and it was HEAVEN. My boyfriend and I drove to Boston to check out the Boston Public Library and all the many quaint, independent bookstores (eeeek!) I loved it! We spent the days in and out of these many charming stores filled with books and our evenings eating seafood and reading. We're both introverts so it was perfect :)
AnanyaAk
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... >Origin</a>
Currently Reading: Magic Forged
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ananyaak.html
Latest Review: The Cartel Crusher by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by AnanyaAk »

My dream trip is to go to the pyramids of Egypt. I love history and would love to visit those pyramids.
BookHausJ
Currently Reading: Health Tips Myth and Tricks
Bookshelf Size: 667
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookhausj.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Post by BookHausJ »

My Dream Trip is to Visit Malaysia one more time. I've been there three times. But the next trip is I want to do it with my Ten (10) entrepreneurial students because I want to show them how inspiring the heights and the design of good looking PETRONAS Building with two (2) beautiful towers connected with bridge. Every time I saw the two towers it reminds me of my Dreams to be achieved.
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
Zain A Blade
Favorite Book: Find You and Find Everything
Currently Reading: The End of the Beginning
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zain-a-blade.html
Latest Review: Swordpoint by David Crane

Post by Zain A Blade »

My dream trip is to Iceland, where I will camp under the night sky and witness the amazing aurora lights.
Erandi Ekanayake
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erandi-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Erandi Ekanayake »

My dream trip is to visit Zen gardens in Japan. I have heard a lot about the soothing and the eye catching environment of them. So now my only wish is to see Zen gardens through my own eyes one day.
acopj
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by acopj »

My dream trip to see the Caribbean with my family. I think that would make my day really beautiful

Return to “Discuss "Bluewater Walkabout: Into Africa" by Tina Dreffin”