Do you like reading books about other people's experinces?

Discuss the September 2017 Book of the Month, Bluewater Walkabout: Into Africa: Finding Healing Through Travel by Tina Dreffin.

View Bluewater Walkabout on Bookshelves

View Bluewater Walkabout on Amazon
Goodnews Eniefiok
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodnews-eniefiok.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Re: Do you like reading books about other people's experince

Post by Goodnews Eniefiok »

Yes because I always learn something from them
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Iammisterjones
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iammisterjones.html
Latest Review: "Lemoncella Cocktail" by Rene Natan

Post by Iammisterjones »

Books about other's people's experience are great! I love hearing about other's struggles, not in a mean way, but hearing about how you got to where you are now. Since we all have different experiences that made us who we are presently, it's great to learn about someone else has been through.
Latest Review: "Lemoncella Cocktail" by Rene Natan
TheWriteAngel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 174
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thewriteangel.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by TheWriteAngel »

I love reading about other people's experiences. Since it would be close to impossible for one person to experience everything in their lifetime, it is essential for us to live and learn through other people's experiences. Another major reason for my interest is the human behaviour - how people react and cope in different situations. This, to me, is very interesting, as it explains greatly of the things that motivate us and drive us and the things that we are most afraid of.
Sarah Immanuel
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 160819">My Trip To Adele</a>
Currently Reading: The House of Trysts
Bookshelf Size: 28

Post by Sarah Immanuel »

Yes, I do. Good or bad because I get to learn many lessons from them.
Trixy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 317
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trixy.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by Trixy »

I think that knowing someone else´s experience is great, it always will be challenging and trustworthy for someone to share his or her life and if you choose to read it is because you want to be better, you choose to understand better the world and be good with each other.
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
elena1
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by elena1 »

I love reading books about other people's experiences, there are a lot things to understand and see the thing from another perspective!!!!
ritah
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 03345">The Darziods' Stone</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ritah.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by ritah »

Yes, I do. I think it presents an opportunity to learn from others experiences.

-- 18 Oct 2017, 05:38 --

Yes, I do. I think it presents an opportunity to learn from others experiences.
Shaimaa
Favorite Author: Sarah J. Maas
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shaimaa.html
fav_author_id: 2719

Post by Shaimaa »

Amagine wrote:The book is a nonfiction tale about the author's life and her experiences. In the book, she addresses many issues that readers will be able relate to.

Do you like reading books about someone else's life and experiences? What do you gain from reading it?
Yes, if it is narrated beautifully. Learning about the challenges they faced and how they overcame them is one thing I gain from this.
barb429
Bookshelf Size: 176
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barb429.html
Latest Review: "Tears That Changed a Nation" by Charles L. Tucker
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by barb429 »

I love reading about other people's lives. True stories (or even semi-true) are often my favorites. I love to read about the adventures that other people have had or the trials that the have overcome.
Latest Review: "Tears That Changed a Nation" by Charles L. Tucker
Barry1379
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barry1379.html
Latest Review: "Heaven and Earth" by Arturo Riojas

Post by Barry1379 »

Yes I will love to read because it inspires me and strengthen me to go for my goal.
Latest Review: "Heaven and Earth" by Arturo Riojas
Job Njoroge
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-job-njoroge.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Job Njoroge »

Understanding what other people experienced is important since we can draw conclusion and learn something out of it so yes.
JadeK
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jadek.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by JadeK »

I love reading about other peoples lives. That is one of the reasons I liked reading in the first place. When I was young my aunt who is an avid reader gave me a Danielle Steel book and I was hooked after that. I felt like I was there in the story and became so surprisingly attached to the characters. I have loved reading ever since.
Kat Berg
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading: James Baldwin
Bookshelf Size: 223
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kat-berg.html
Latest Review: Why Am I Here by Melvin Bell
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Kat Berg »

One of my favorite kinds of books to read is the ones that show me how someone tackles life challenges. It doesn't have to be memoir, I enjoy it equally (even sometimes more) when it is fiction. But it allows me to, somewhat voyeuristically, feel a sense of accomplishment when they are successful. Reading about someone else's experience also helps me to understand and sympathize with points of view I may not naturally have much sympathy for. I think in the end it makes us better humans.
JUDY NYACHOMBA
Currently Reading: The Conjurer's Game
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy-nyachomba.html

Post by JUDY NYACHOMBA »

I love reading about other peoples experience, especially a walk with the God. Not all people's experiences present an opportunity to learn new things and especially if the author choose the naughty way. It is a bond move to put out your life for other to know your life secret.
KasieMiehlke
Currently Reading: The Hidden Village
Bookshelf Size: 153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kasiemiehlke.html
Latest Review: Superhighway 2 by Alex Fayman

Post by KasieMiehlke »

I personally enjoy reading about other people's experiences. A well written account helps inspire me to travel.

Return to “Discuss "Bluewater Walkabout: Into Africa" by Tina Dreffin”