Family Trip

Discuss the September 2017 Book of the Month, Bluewater Walkabout: Into Africa: Finding Healing Through Travel by Tina Dreffin.

View Bluewater Walkabout on Bookshelves

View Bluewater Walkabout on Amazon
GCamer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 484
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gcamer.html
Latest Review: Finding A Job in Tough Times by Dr. Tim Johnson

Family Trip

Post by GCamer »

In the book Blue Water Walkabout: into Africa Tina and her family embarked on a wild family adventure into Africa.

What is you unforgettable trip with your family? What made it special? If you get a chance to travel together again or if you haven't travelled together and would get the chance to do so, where would you like to go and why?
Lest92
Currently Reading: Oil and Marble
Bookshelf Size: 199
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lest92.html
Latest Review: The Everywhere Spirit by Nicholas Applin

Post by Lest92 »

Twenty years ago we travelled to Jeffrey's Bay for our only family trip/holiday. I remember it because we don't do family trips and I think it was the first time I experienced the sea. We also spent time at JBay's Sea World and there I came as close to dolphins, sea lions and penguins as I ever would.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

My family too a trip to New York City when I was young. It was great. Saw the empire State building and watched a Broadway play.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

My family and I don't usually go on trips together. We went to Cedar Point once and that was quite memorable.
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Christina Rose
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 135
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christina-rose.html
Latest Review: The Last Leaf to Fall by Amy M. Watson

Post by Christina Rose »

GCamer wrote:In the book Blue Water Walkabout: into Africa Tina and her family embarked on a wild family adventure into Africa.

What is you unforgettable trip with your family? What made it special? If you get a chance to travel together again or if you haven't travelled together and would get the chance to do so, where would you like to go and why?
When I was a child, one of my most memorable family trips was a snow trip. It did not snow where we currently lived, so we took a trip to enjoy building snow men, sledding, and just enjoying the snow.
Ljessup
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ljessup.html
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka

Post by Ljessup »

I went to Germany with my husband and son and that is a trip I will never forget. The food was amazing, the views were amazing, the people were amazing, and it was overall just an amazing experience. It was also my first time traveling out of the United States. We got to see a play in England as well on this trip and we saw the "Lion King." That was the highlight of the trip for my son and I. My husband is from Germany so he took us around all the wonderful places he used to frequent, and has also seen the play tons of times, but I can see why he had no problem watching it again. It was the best version of "Lion King" I have ever seen! I would love to go back and visit again!
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka
RegularGuy3
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-regularguy3.html
Latest Review: Farmer Beau's Farm by Kathleen Geiger

Post by RegularGuy3 »

Spent a week every summer at the beach with my family and a friend's family, all the way through college. One year the kids all got to stay in their own room--we thought we were kings.
Bluecobia
Currently Reading: Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluecobia.html
Latest Review: The miner by F.Robert

Post by Bluecobia »

My biggest family trip growing up was a 7 week trip from Pennsylvania to Alaska and back with my parents. We went in our truck with a camper on the back .so it was a 7 week camping trip. A beautiful way to see the country.
Latest Review: The miner by F.Robert
Amagine

Post by Amagine »

RegularGuy3 wrote:Spent a week every summer at the beach with my family and a friend's family, all the way through college. One year the kids all got to stay in their own room--we thought we were kings.
I would love to go to the beach with my family.
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

leandrarose
Currently Reading: Heaven and Earth
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by leandrarose »

My family took a trip to Disneyland several years ago. It's the happiest place on earth, so of course I had a good time. I would definitely take the chance to go again.
MsTri
Favorite Author: Miranda Ann Markley
Favorite Book: The Spirit Seeds Book 1
Currently Reading: the Secret of Safe Passage
Bookshelf Size: 1030
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mstri.html
Latest Review: Suddenly Free, Vol. 1 by Yvette Carmon Davis
Reading Device: B07HZHJGY7
fav_author_id: 225682

Post by MsTri »

When I was in my early teens, my parents, brother, and I took a trip out west, going to say many famous places and landmarks. We went to Mount Rushmore, the Grand Canyon, Yellowstone Park,
etc. What stands out most was those giant trees that are big enough for cars to drive through and seeing live elk and buffalo. It also stands out that I couldn't really enjoy the splendor of the GC because I'm afraid of heights and just couldn't bring myself to get anywhere near the edge.

I'd love nothing more to travel again, though not necessarily to the same places, now that I'm older and can more appreciate such things. Back then, my main concern was whether I looked cute in our pics.
Amagine

Post by Amagine »

leandrarose wrote:My family took a trip to Disneyland several years ago. It's the happiest place on earth, so of course I had a good time. I would definitely take the chance to go again.
I've always wanted to go to Disneyland! It sounds amazing!

Penny Lee
Favorite Author: R. A. Salvatore
Favorite Book: The Count of Monte Cristo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 485
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-penny-lee.html
Latest Review: The Pirate Who Was Scared of Birds by Michelle Path
fav_author_id: 8463

Post by Penny Lee »

My best family memories were of camping together. Each year we went to the same lake, but on some special years we went on trips further away -- to the Black Hills of South Dakota, Yellowstone, Mt. Rushmore, and another year on a long camping trip through B.C., Yukon Territory, and Alaska. It was amazing to see the natural wonders such as caves, mines, geysers, paint pots, Mountains, and wildlife, but even more special to spend relaxed time together as a family.
Littera scripta manet -- the written word remains.
Amagine

Post by Amagine »

Penny Lee wrote:My best family memories were of camping together. Each year we went to the same lake, but on some special years we went on trips further away -- to the Black Hills of South Dakota, Yellowstone, Mt. Rushmore, and another year on a long camping trip through B.C., Yukon Territory, and Alaska. It was amazing to see the natural wonders such as caves, mines, geysers, paint pots, Mountains, and wildlife, but even more special to spend relaxed time together as a family.
I've always wanted to go camping. It sounds like an amazing family trip.

Christina Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 135
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christina-rose.html
Latest Review: The Last Leaf to Fall by Amy M. Watson

Post by Christina Rose »

Penny Lee wrote:My best family memories were of camping together. Each year we went to the same lake, but on some special years we went on trips further away -- to the Black Hills of South Dakota, Yellowstone, Mt. Rushmore, and another year on a long camping trip through B.C., Yukon Territory, and Alaska. It was amazing to see the natural wonders such as caves, mines, geysers, paint pots, Mountains, and wildlife, but even more special to spend relaxed time together as a family.
I've never been camping, but have wanted to. Hopefully my husband and I will take our kids sometime so that we can all experience it.

Return to “Discuss "Bluewater Walkabout: Into Africa" by Tina Dreffin”