Overall rating and opinion of "Strong Heart"

Discuss the October 2017 Book of the Month, Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon.

View Strong Heart on Bookshelves

View Strong Heart on Amazon
Fliesie01
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fliesie01.html
Latest Review: Inside Outside: Black Wings Series by Sharlie M. Riverton

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Strong Heart"

Post by Fliesie01 »

I enjoyed this book so much. I was disappointed with the ending, but then I saw there is a second book, so I bought it, and now I'll start reading that to see if any of my questions will be answered.
The world belongs to those who read.
-Rick Holland
Avonlea
Favorite Book: Sense and Sensibility
Currently Reading: The Power of a Positive No
Bookshelf Size: 185
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avonlea.html
Latest Review: Exploring Wine Regions – Bordeaux France by Michael C. Higgins, PhD

Post by Avonlea »

I have recently completed a full review of Strong Heart. I enjoyed reading it and I have rated it 3 out of 4.

I would recommend it to others for the very imaginative and complex plot. I also thoroughly enjoyed the beautiful descriptions of landscapes and seascapes.

The plot, with its multiple themes running throughout, held my interest at all times.

My favourite part of the book was Sarah’s journey. I really enjoyed the flow of the narration during this section and found it hard to put the book down throughout this part of the tale.

I found the way the book ended less enjoyable and a bit disappointing. Having become really invested in the multiple themes of the novel, I felt the book ended a little abruptly and left too many themes unresolved. Hopefully, Charlie Sheldon will continue to explore these themes in the next book in the series.
martinaunwagu
Favorite Book: 2612 Cherryhill Lane
Currently Reading: The Raven's Trail (Book 1)
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-martinaunwagu.html
Latest Review: The Cadence of Excellence by Matthew McDarby

Post by martinaunwagu »

I rate it a 2 out of 4 stars, the story started pretty well but I got lost when trying to remember all the names of the various character during Sarah's journey. I enjoyed the ending but would have love to see them out of the mountain.
Ebby Brown
Currently Reading: Beneath the Muscle
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebby-brown.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Ebby Brown »

The story is well-connected to the title of the book, through the challenges that the characters undergo but still manage to survive. What I liked most about this book is Sarah's strong and courageous spirit in the forest, especially when she went to the forest with her grandpa, William and saved them from being killed by the rangers. There's nothing that I disliked about the book. I recommend it to people going through tough times because just like Sarah, William and Myra, they will learn to have a strong heart. I rated this book 3 out of 4 stars because of the several typos.
Sarah Schmidt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Vine Witch
Bookshelf Size: 271
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-schmidt.html
Latest Review: First Survivor by Mark Unger

Post by Sarah Schmidt »

I give Strong Heart a perfect rating. The mix of characters backed by the underlying theme of hope and faith made this book an enjoyable read. The experiences that these characters had were also enjoyable to read. I hope to see some more of Myra and Sergei, though.
63tty
Favorite Author: Tayma Tameem
Currently Reading: Killing Abel
Bookshelf Size: 349
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-63tty.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White
fav_author_id: 199293

Post by 63tty »

I rated this book 3 out of 4 stars. I loved the perfect editing and how intelligible it was. Such factual fiction. What I did not like though was the native American history and tribes which was confusing since am not familiar with .
“If love is the answer, could you rephrase the question?”
~Lily Tomlin
Lucille27
Favorite Book: The Haunting of the Hill House
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lucille27.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Lucille27 »

I gave the novel 2 out of 4 starts because I really liked the premise and the importance there is about telling stories. However, the book seemed flat to me, the rhythm was a bit strange, and it felt boring at some points.
Goral
Currently Reading: A Brief History of Time
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goral.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Goral »

I would give it 4 out of 4 stars because of its captivating plot. The adventure was kept alive throughout the book and I couldn't put it down. Among all the characters, I liked Sarah and Myra the most because they were easy to relate to. Yes, I would definitely recommend everyone to read it
You can't buy happiness but you can buy books, and that's kind of the same thing
CozyBookCorner
Currently Reading: Seven Fallen Feathers
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cozybookcorner.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by CozyBookCorner »

I loved it and I'm a bit sad I'm so late to the book to miss out on these discussions! It was a bit slow character development wise, but I loved his vivid scenery depictions and the fact that he put so much effort into creating his own myth so that he wasn't infringing on or misrepresenting the history of First Nation tribes.
CozyBookCorner
Currently Reading: Seven Fallen Feathers
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cozybookcorner.html

Post by CozyBookCorner »

Avonlea wrote: 27 Jul 2020, 11:10 I have recently completed a full review of Strong Heart. I enjoyed reading it and I have rated it 3 out of 4.

I would recommend it to others for the very imaginative and complex plot. I also thoroughly enjoyed the beautiful descriptions of landscapes and seascapes.

The plot, with its multiple themes running throughout, held my interest at all times.

My favourite part of the book was Sarah’s journey. I really enjoyed the flow of the narration during this section and found it hard to put the book down throughout this part of the tale.

I found the way the book ended less enjoyable and a bit disappointing. Having become really invested in the multiple themes of the novel, I felt the book ended a little abruptly and left too many themes unresolved. Hopefully, Charlie Sheldon will continue to explore these themes in the next book in the series.
The ending was so abrupt. But, I will admit it's just made me want to read the second book even more.
AngieOdeh
Favorite Book: Whale of Wonder
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angieodeh.html
Latest Review: Smart Love by Vincent Fudge II

Post by AngieOdeh »

I enjoyed the book, at the beginning I was a little skeptical, it didn't seem to have a strong story, but as it develops, I built an image of the characters, I learned to appreciate all the interesting facts and their correlation with the local myths. The mix of science and fiction makes it intriguing. I'm hoping to get all the character's secrets in the following parts of the trilogy, there are many lose ends that need to fall in place yet.
Salah bourouba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salah-bourouba.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Salah bourouba »

gali wrote: 01 Oct 2017, 14:49 This is a discussion topic for the October 2017 Book of the Month, "Strong heart" by Charlie Sheldon.

What is your overall opinion of "Strong heart"? What do you like most about it? What do you like least? Will you recommend the book to other people? Why or why not? Please remember to add your actual rating using the book's page on Bookshelves.
strong heart was not an exceptional book to read, what I liked was the history of the tribes who live there and what some people would exterminate them for their greed for money, what I didn't like was the part where she disappeared that part of the story and imaginary story is very dull the author was not even creative enough to come up with unique names for some of the characters, I wouldn't really recommend the book to anyone cause I would be disappointed if someone would recommend it to me
Recite in the name of your Lord who created [*] Created man from a clinging substance [*] Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous [*] Who taught by the pen [*] Taught man that which he knew not.
The Quran. Surah Al Alaq
Radha Suryawanshi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-radha-suryawanshi.html
Latest Review: The Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Fallacy by H. Nattanya Andersen

Post by Radha Suryawanshi »

I was drawn in by the title of the book. I give the rating 3 out of 4 stars. I loved the writing style and the characters. But at times, it got a little bland.
Berry_
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-berry.html

Post by Berry_ »

I did not enjoy this book as much as I hoped to. However I loved the author's description of events and the environment which created a clear image in my mind. I did not like that most of the characters were older than 60. I wish the author included more young characters. I would recommend this book to lovers of historical fiction and people who would love to learn about native American history.
Nikhila Kulkarni
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading: The DrugTech Trilogy
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikhila-kulkarni.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Nikhila Kulkarni »

I enjoyed the read a lot. All the characters and how they represent human nature in many ways is astounding. I loved the character developments in the book and how the story kept taking new turns. However, I only wish the descriptions of the terrain while Sarah was kidnapped and even during their beginning of hike was less descriptive. But I still loved it and rated it 4 out of 4.

Return to “Discuss "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon”