Fletcher Lynch: The villain

Discuss the October 2017 Book of the Month, Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon.

View Strong Heart on Bookshelves

View Strong Heart on Amazon
kenkomercy
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenkomercy.html
Latest Review: "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman

Re: Fletcher Lynch: The villain

Post by kenkomercy »

He is the kind of man everybody would hate except psychopaths and serial killers. You must be really sick or very holy to love a child molester and greedy destructor of heritage.
Latest Review: "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman
Chelsy Scherba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jordan David
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 837
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelsy-scherba.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
fav_author_id: 64963

Post by Chelsy Scherba »

He's disgusting and a loathsome character in every way.
onixpam
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onixpam.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by onixpam »

I hated him from the beginning, because of his arrogance and the way he treats other, but at the end, I was convinced that he was a totally despicable man.
Radhika_puri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-radhika-puri.html
Latest Review: Divided World by Kenneth Pickering

Post by Radhika_puri »

I disliked him very much. He was a person who holds an upper position in his workplace but in real life, he is a disgusting man. I hate this kind of person.
Ebby Brown
Currently Reading: Beneath the Muscle
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebby-brown.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Ebby Brown »

I never liked him at all because of his bad character of preying on young girls like Sarah.
Sarah Schmidt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Vine Witch
Bookshelf Size: 271
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-schmidt.html
Latest Review: First Survivor by Mark Unger

Post by Sarah Schmidt »

Fletcher is a disgusting character and there should be no argument about that. Nothing forgives preying on innocent children, and the fact that he was married to Ruth, who is herself not that good a person, only made him that much worse.
CozyBookCorner
Currently Reading: Seven Fallen Feathers
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cozybookcorner.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by CozyBookCorner »

Christina Rose wrote: 04 Oct 2017, 11:06 He was definitely never portrayed as a likable character, or even as a character who made mistakes he later learned from. I don't think we're supposed to like him, or even really give him a chance. I don't see how he deserves that chance. He's definitely a villain in the story.

I also agree with Amagine about Ruth. She seemed slightly surprised when she found out about Sarah and Fletcher's advances, but it makes me wonder how much she even tried to find out why her daughter ran away at a young age.
I couldn't sum up my opinions any better then this! But I will say that I wish I knew more about Fletcher. Is it possible to be just 100% an awful person? Or are there any redeeming qualities that could lend reason as to why Ruth was so blind? Or, in contrast to that thought, perhaps he is so much the villain that even Ruth is being taken advantage of and she was too busy dealing with her own struggle with him to realize what he was doing to others?
Millicent_2
Favorite Book: The Curious Spell of Madam Genova
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-millicent-2.html
Latest Review: Unlight by Chandra Shekhar
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Millicent_2 »

Christina Rose wrote: 04 Oct 2017, 11:06 He was definitely never portrayed as a likable character, or even as a character who made mistakes he later learned from. I don't think we're supposed to like him, or even really give him a chance. I don't see how he deserves that chance. He's definitely a villain in the story.

I also agree with Amagine about Ruth. She seemed slightly surprised when she found out about Sarah and Fletcher's advances, but it makes me wonder how much she even tried to find out why her daughter ran away at a young age.
True. Ruth talked about both Becky and Sarah as if they were very rebellious, trouble-makers, and just wanted to do whatever they wanted. I was disgusted by Ruth and Fletcher because I felt like she had an idea what he did to her daughter. When Fletcher tried to repeat his bad habit again by pursuing Sarah, Ruth just looked the other way; she was in denial.
Maris Charles M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maris-charles-m.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Maris Charles M »

meteku4 wrote: 05 Oct 2017, 08:52 I don't think anyone will portray him as a likable character. I fact, I was very sorry for Sarah when I found out that he was her step grandfather; but even more sorry for Tom when it was later revealed that Fletcher had influence over Tom at Tom's workplace. He is indeed a villain.
Thank you for this comment
Moneybag
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moneybag.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Moneybag »

prenaramesh wrote: 04 Oct 2017, 05:25 I hated him from the very beginning. I think it's impossible to feel otherwise - I have seen absolutely no redeeming qualities so far. Maybe the next books will show other sides of his character.

Exactly my thought...
Thanks for the comment

Return to “Discuss "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon”