Her disappearance, good or bad?

Discuss the October 2017 Book of the Month, Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon.

View Strong Heart on Bookshelves

View Strong Heart on Amazon
63tty
Favorite Author: Tayma Tameem
Currently Reading: Killing Abel
Bookshelf Size: 349
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-63tty.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White
fav_author_id: 199293

Re: Her disappearance, good or bad?

Post by 63tty »

I think her disappearance was a good thing because that's how she came about to know that she had a strong heart.
The whole journey I general got her close to her grandfather and other relatives.
“If love is the answer, could you rephrase the question?”
~Lily Tomlin
Goral
Currently Reading: A Brief History of Time
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goral.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Goral »

I think her experience was a good thing..though it was a little too much for the child to bear. Still, I agree that sarah faced the challenges strongly and she was rightly named strong heart. The experience improved the bond between her and her grandfather, so that's a very good thing in my opinion
You can't buy happiness but you can buy books, and that's kind of the same thing
CozyBookCorner
Currently Reading: Seven Fallen Feathers
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cozybookcorner.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by CozyBookCorner »

Honestly I don't think it can be narrowed down to just good or bad. It will 'build character' as they say, and it got her closer to her heritage, to Tom, and to her new friends. Someone like Sarah really needed that, as she was so alone before this. But, it was certainly traumatic and I can't imagine her being completely mentally unscathed after it all. Plus, she's also missing a digit now so I'm sure that's considered bad!
Salah bourouba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salah-bourouba.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Salah bourouba »

I wasn't a fan of her disappearance cause the story that happened within it is so dull for I didn't like it whatso ever it was so basic and uncreative, the names are a disaster, the author could have made her disappear but in reality
Recite in the name of your Lord who created [*] Created man from a clinging substance [*] Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous [*] Who taught by the pen [*] Taught man that which he knew not.
The Quran. Surah Al Alaq
Asja Šabani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asja-sabani.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Asja Šabani »

Her disappearance was certainly unpleasant for everybody involved, but in the end, it was a positive thing. How else could she have had the dream vision? I am only sorry that the author wasted the potential of her travel back in time. That section was really boring and full of unnecessary details. Generally, the book could have been amazing if the author had a bit more narrative skill and imagination.
Maris Charles M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maris-charles-m.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Maris Charles M »

himynamestom wrote: 04 Oct 2017, 04:50 I think that the experience has to have been good for Sarah because she later uses her spear throwing skills to save the group from Roger's crew. I agree that it must have been a lot for a child to go through but it sounds like Sarah has already been through a lot by the time she meets Tom so perhaps she was prepared for it in some way.
I could not have agreed less. Thanks for the comment.

Return to “Discuss "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon”