Has the story ended too sudden?

Discuss the October 2017 Book of the Month, Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon.

View Strong Heart on Bookshelves

View Strong Heart on Amazon
Moneybag
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moneybag.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Re: Has the story ended too sudden?

Post by Moneybag »

I do not think the story ended too suddenly
Miranda Alex
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miranda-alex.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Miranda Alex »

Since I dislike cliffhangers, the tale originally left me feeling unsatisfied. I can understand how it was planned to tie up those loose ends now that I know there will be a sequel. I will continue to be hopeful that book two will provide readers with the closure we all need since there are undoubtedly enough unresolved issues to satisfy the demand for a second book. great tale
Charlie Sheldon
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Charlie Sheldon »

So one of the first I guess you could cal "beta" readers was quite angry I ended the tale where I did, and I thought long and hard about it, and in the end decided that the ending as written should stay. Yes, there were some loose ends left hanging, but this first tale is mostly about Sarah and her grandfather, and whether or not she finds a home, a place to call her own, a place to stay. In my mind, at the end, the big open question that began the tale - did she actually see the bear she said she drew? - is answered, as William and Myra see the bear beyond the knoll, and Tom tells his grand daughter he will bring her back the next year, clearly telling her she is accepted and part of his family. That, to me, was what was important. Besides, any good tale needs to have the listener or reader wanting more, and so having readers angry the tale ended is a compliment to the writer. Finally, in real life nothing is EVER totally wrapped up, all loose ends determined, that only happens in TV shows and bad literature, and I wanted this tale, and all three of these tales, as true as I could make them.
Favy Moses
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by Favy Moses »

I definitely agree that the book ended too abrupt, am looking forward for the next book that's if there one.
Charlie Sheldon
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Charlie Sheldon »

Next one is Adrift, continues the story. Then Totem completes the tale.

Return to “Discuss "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon”