Has the story ended too sudden?

Discuss the October 2017 Book of the Month, Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon.

View Strong Heart on Bookshelves

View Strong Heart on Amazon
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Re: Has the story ended too sudden?

Post by Amagine »

0721397657 wrote:haha, personally i think the ending was superb. It came a time when obviously i expected the plot to finding its edges after great levels of climax. Anyway, you can carry your opinion to the banks. Its valid, who knows.. maybe you found the book so interesting and might have forgotten your fingers opening the last pages
I'm glad you really enjoyed the ending. :)
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Maulyne
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maulyne.html
Latest Review: Small Change by Keddie Hughes

Post by Maulyne »

Yeah I think so.I thought it would give us what really happened after they got out of the park .When helicopter takes the injured we informed that they had to answer some questions and also whether the fires still spread in the park .
Brandi Noelle
Currently Reading: The Invention of Murder
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brandi-noelle.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by Brandi Noelle »

I'm not a fan of unresolved endings, so initially, the story felt incomplete to me. Now knowing there is a sequel, I can see how it was set up to leave those loose ends. There is definitely enough questions remaining unanswered to satisfy the desire for a second book, so I will remain optimistic that round two will give readers the closure we all need. Great story!
jonaya
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by jonaya »

Brandi Noelle wrote:I'm not a fan of unresolved endings, so initially, the story felt incomplete to me. Now knowing there is a sequel, I can see how it was set up to leave those loose ends. There is definitely enough questions remaining unanswered to satisfy the desire for a second book, so I will remain optimistic that round two will give readers the closure we all need. Great story!
EXACTLY MY POINT .thanks
Atabon Della
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atabon-della.html
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Atabon Della »

In fact i was displeased with the ending but was comforted to know that it's a series and so subsequent parts will soon be released though I would have loved to finish the story in one reading.
meteku4
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meteku4.html
Latest Review: "Followed my Star" by AR Annahita

Post by meteku4 »

Karen0823 wrote:I was surprised at the ending as well but sometimes I like things to be left to my imagination. I made up my own happy ending.
Yeah, I can imagine.
Gingerbo0ks
Currently Reading: All the Crooked Saints
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gingerbo0ks.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Gingerbo0ks »

Yes it was too sudden. They hadn't finished their journey, in fact they started another route. There was also no conclusion to the feud between the developers and Tom's group. There was also no conclusion to where Sarah would end up living when they had finished up in the park.
The book did take steps to develop Myra and Sergei's characters and relationship, and also concluded some of "Strong Heart"'s story. However I don't think there was enough ending to the ending.
"One must always be careful of books, and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.”
― Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Angel
Ash and Stars
Bookshelf Size: 640
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ash-and-stars.html
Latest Review: "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman

Post by Ash and Stars »

I did think the ending was too sudden, but since others have mentioned there will be a sequel this should hopefully tie up loose ends
Latest Review: "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman
Bluecobia
Currently Reading: Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluecobia.html
Latest Review: The miner by F.Robert

Post by Bluecobia »

The ending was alright but, it definitely left an opening for a sequel.

-- 16 Oct 2017, 17:34 --

The ending was alright but, it definitely left an opening for a sequel.
Latest Review: The miner by F.Robert
Monroe1987
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monroe1987.html
Latest Review: "Tips, Myths and Rips: A Physician's Advice" by Morton E.Tavel

Post by Monroe1987 »

It did feel unresolved in some ways. I wanted to see Tom and Sarah build their relationship further, as well as the other characters.
Latest Review: "Tips, Myths and Rips: A Physician's Advice" by Morton E.Tavel
Charlie Sheldon
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Charlie Sheldon »

I have a vague feeling I answered this somewhere else, in another thread, but....When I reached the scene in that basin with the reappearance of the bear, it just seemed flt right to end this tale there. Tom promised to bring Sarah back the next summer to the Marking Place, William and Myra saw the bear and knew Sarah's sighting had been true and perhaps her story as well, Sergei heard Sarah's story and used that data to develop a theory of where Sarah had gone and why, reaffirming the most ancient legends that people had always been there, and linking her story with the events of the present, they had survived the fire and while not yet back to trails and roads were safe.....yes, they lost the atlatl as evidence and yes it seems the mining would eventually continue, and clearly there were battles yet to come on a few fronts - the mining, the evidence maybe through the Marking Place, what about Sarah and Sergei's interest in each other, and how would Sarah and Tom prosper, but William and Tom had made the climb, they were in sun, arrived at the unnamed lake, the wonderful land spread before them, and the bear had reappeared. Seemed like a perfect place to end the tale. So I did. From an author's perspective I want readers provoked, a bit, thinking, not anting to leave the characters, curious, sorry the last page has been turned.....
meteku4
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meteku4.html

Post by meteku4 »

Karen0823 wrote:I was surprised at the ending as well but sometimes I like things to be left to my imagination. I made up my own happy ending.
Well, I heard people say that too.
BoyLazy
Currently Reading: Temptation Trials Part II
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boylazy.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by BoyLazy »

meteku4 wrote:
Well, I heard people say that too.
There will be more in the sequel I hope.
Boy Lazy
Reviewer | Blogger | Influencer

Kat Berg
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading: James Baldwin
Bookshelf Size: 223
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kat-berg.html
Latest Review: Why Am I Here by Melvin Bell
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Kat Berg »

Miriam Molina wrote:Now that we know there's at least a part two, we are appeased with the ending. Personally, I was happy with the ending, sequel or no sequel. Perhaps I'm too old and have gone through a lot in life, so I'm more accepting of "unfinished" stories.
I felt the same way. It was a natural place to end the story, and even if there wasn't a sequel, sometimes being able to write your own ending, how you want things to come together, is a powerful authorial tool.
BoyLazy
Currently Reading: Temptation Trials Part II
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boylazy.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by BoyLazy »

Atabon Della wrote:In fact i was displeased with the ending but was comforted to know that it's a series and so subsequent parts will soon be released though I would have loved to finish the story in one reading.
I believe series books often have such endings..
Boy Lazy
Reviewer | Blogger | Influencer

Return to “Discuss "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon”