Message from Victor Rose and VR Publishing about new program: Books For Struggling Readers

Use this forum to discuss the December 2017 Book of the Month, End of the Last Great Kingdom by Victor Rose.
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Message from Victor Rose and VR Publishing about new program: Books For Struggling Readers

Post by Scott »

@Victor Rose is the author of the previous Book of the Month, End of the Last Great Kingdom. Please see the following message from Victor:

Victor Rose wrote:Greeting fellow book lovers: :tiphat:

As an author, I usually reframe from posting, but today, I am breaking my silence to talk to you about a topic that is dear to my heart, getting the perfect book in the hands of a young person that is struggling to read.

I had many reasons for writing, End of the Last Great Kingdom, but one stood above the rest. I wrote it for my son, who like all the men in the family, including myself, struggled to read and write at grade level. The story was to be fast-paced, enjoyable tale, containing age-appropriate material for a young adult 13-25, and above all be a story that my son would want to read. Yes, my son read and loved the book.

Now, through VR Publishing, I am starting up a new program, Books For Struggling Readers, I am expanding my efforts to get books into the hands of disheartened, struggling readers.

The idea is simple. Authors and publishers can either donate ebooks directly or via monetary donations for their ebooks to the program. VR Publishing, through its mentor network, distributes the ebooks to the readers regardless of class or social standing.

What makes this program different is the mentor network VR Publishing is attempting to build. To be a mentor, you must already have a close bond with the struggling reader. It could be as a counselor, therapist, parent, tutor, or even a coach. It doesn't matter as long as the mentor can pick a story the reader will enjoy. The one that not only matches their reading skill but also matches their interests, their intelligence level. That's the secret to this program, instead of randomly handing out books, pairing the right story with the right struggling reader. If this strikes a chord with you and you would like to help, there are many things you can do both small and large.
  • Donations of ebooks that are easy to read but contain age-appropriate material for 13 to 25-year-olds. All genres are needed. The ideal content would be action-packed and fast-paced.
  • Monetary donations of any amount for the purchase of ebooks for this program.
  • Here is where OnlineBookClub.org can really shine! Book recommendations and referrals. Volunteers to provide lists of books with their details: genre, difficulty, two-sentence summary, the age range of the material, and length. VR Publishing will use this information to build a database of books for this program. New, old, traditional, or self-published it doesn't matter as long as they can inspire someone to continue to read. Perhaps the book that got you or your child into reading.
For details on the program and to get involved click here: https://sites.google.com/ttrose.com/vrp ... ng-readers.

Thank you for your time. With your help we can make a difference in a dishearten reader’s life. :techie-studyingbrown:

Thomson Victor Rose
VR Publishing, LLC.

If posting a question or reply that you want Victor to see, I suggest tagging him with the following code to help increase the chances he sees it:

Code: Select all

[mention]Victor Rose[/mention]
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Wow! What a fabulous program! Thanks so much!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
elizablu
Currently Reading: The Faerie Guardian
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elizablu.html
Latest Review: Igniting the Phoenix by Alethea Stauron

Post by elizablu »

I think this is a great program. It could really help struggling readers find a love for books especially if you find the right genre for them! I am a big advocate for helping people find a love for books.

Return to “Discuss "End of the Last Great Kingdom" by Victor Rose”