What did you learn from “And Then I Met Margaret”?

Use this forum to discuss the January 2018 Book of the Month, "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Re: What did you learn from “And Then I Met Margaret”?

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

While I did not learn anything new as such, the experiences were a reminder that maintaining certain positive aspects and virtues in life can be immensely helpful. Some of them like being honest and kind, or taking up responsibility for one's actions are something which I already practise. The ideas of not letting dire situations affect your outward behaviour (too hard, really) or stop whining about negativity or looking beyond the apparent things before judging someone (better just not to judge anyone) are one of the few things which I am trying to maintain in my life.
Kister Bless
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kister-bless.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Kister Bless »

There was pretty much to learn from the book. I learnt that in our everyday lives we get to meet teachers who are never recognised but impact on our lives positively in one way or another.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies . . . The man who never reads lives only one.” – George R.R. Martin.
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1886
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

I learn to be my natural self more and more, from the book! Life will express it's benevolent form, on account of it's spontaneous flow!
ORIONPAX1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by ORIONPAX1 »

No wonder the mysteries of life titillated a wise man to quote,"THERE IS AN AFFAIR IN THE LIFE OF MEN,WHICH,TAKEN AT THE FLOOD,LEADS UNTO FORTUNE AND OMITTED ALL THE VOYAGES OF THEIR LIFE IS BOUND IN MISERIES" rob white although having got wealth,power and you mention the rest,he still felt empty probably cos he had power without accountability with only spirituality can give, he didn't feel complete until he changed the way he saw the universe,his surprise was how he got spiritual help from commoners,after reading inspiritional book alot has changed in my life.
I TOTALLY MADE A GOOD CHOICE READING THIS BOOK. (HG)
Philip Chepsingil
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 38572">Who Told You That You Were Naked?</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-philip-chepsingil.html
Latest Review: Ana by Gary Hope

Post by Philip Chepsingil »

Many lessons stood out for me from this book. The most glaring of all the lesson is that determination in life leads to success.
Latest Review: Ana by Gary Hope
HanElizabeth397
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hanelizabeth397.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by HanElizabeth397 »

This made me think more about how the little things in life and the people we meet can have really big impacts on our behaviour
Marsha JJ
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: On the Precipice of the Labyrinth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marsha-jj.html
Latest Review: Tyler's Promised Gift by M. C. Abushar

Post by Marsha JJ »

I felt this book offered lessons such as learning to be true to yourself, and also giving others a second chance.
Favy Moses
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by Favy Moses »

I learnt to stay positive and confident reminding my self that littles things count and that my destiny is in my hands.
Samuel Okoye 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by Samuel Okoye 2 »

In the book I found many new stories reinforcing valuable
beliefs and thought patterns I already have...seeing them once again further print them on my subconscious.

Return to “Discuss "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White”