If you are given the chance to edit the ending of the story, how would you like it to end?

Use this forum to discuss the January 2018 Book of the Month, "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White
HanElizabeth397
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hanelizabeth397.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Re: If you are given the chance to edit the ending of the story, how would you like it to end?

Post by HanElizabeth397 »

Strongbob25 wrote: 04 Feb 2018, 18:25 As others have noted here, I did not like how the book essentially ended on a sales pitch of "now go and ready my other books and maybe take a class with me too". It cheapened the entire book and also undercut the point he'd just spent several hundred pages making.
It just screamed 'sales tactic' and that wasn't really the point of the book. It could have been included in a seperate section after the chapters to say why the other books are useful so that people could read it if they wanted to
Favy Moses
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by Favy Moses »

I agree that a contentment should be added because life is not all about money there are other valuable things too,our peace and true happiness is way more valuable than stolen money.
Samuel Okoye 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by Samuel Okoye 2 »

It was a great read for me, but i would like it if some of the authors remarks in the ending of the book are changed. The remark about listening to "unexpected gurus" didn't exactly go down well with me. Like someone pointed out, a line or two should have been dedicated to emphasising that one must not be a millionaire to be considered successful.

Return to “Discuss "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White”