Overall rating and opinion of " The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings

Use this forum to discuss the February 2018 Book of the Month, "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings.
Radhika_puri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-radhika-puri.html
Latest Review: Divided World by Kenneth Pickering

Re: Overall rating and opinion of " The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings

Post by Radhika_puri »

I like reading a book. The fly fishing lessons we're a great part of the book and their friendship was other. I liked their bond, teasing with each other. But I don't like it when Amanda died but overall I liked it. I want to give it 3 out of 4 stars.
Caribqueen16
Favorite Book: The Employee Millionaire
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caribqueen16.html
Latest Review: Let’s Mountain Bike! by Paul Molenberg

Post by Caribqueen16 »

gali wrote: 01 Feb 2018, 01:41 This is a discussion topic for the February 2018 Book of the Month, "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings.

What is your overall opinion of the "The Reel Sisters"? What do you like most about it? What do you like least? Will you recommend the book to other people? Why or why not? Please remember to add your actual rating using the book's page on Bookshelves.
The book, The Reel Sisters shows the awesome friendship among four women who take time away from their everyday routine to unite over the sport, Flyfish. This is the first time I am introduced to this sport which appears quite enjoyable. These "sisters" share their deepest thoughts and stick together through thick and thin. The character Rose is one of my favorite characters. She brings the entire team together and teaches them different aspects of flyfishing. The "sisters" embraced a new team member, Melody, even though she was much younger than them. She was automatically included in the fun. I just did not appreciate the profanity in the story. Otherwise, it was a great reading. Due to the obscene language, I rated it 3 out of 4 stars.
Where there is a will, there's got to be a way :D
cxsimpson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cxsimpson.html
Latest Review: How to Generate and Earn Royalty Income by Marina Peters

Post by cxsimpson »

I reviewed this book and gave it a rating of 3 out of 4 stars. I enjoyed reading it and learning more about each woman and their respective friendships. I was not expecting the ending tragedy at all and am unsure how I really feel about it.
Leen282
Currently Reading: Live Your Life of Abundance
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leen282.html
Latest Review: Beautifully Scarred by Cewanda Todd

Post by Leen282 »

I just finished the book and loved it! The fly fishing - a sport I don't know anything about - was an interesting setting. The writing out of each woman's perspective in turn gave it a nice pace and I was always eager to continue reading. Definitely I book I recommend to my friends.
Yearly Joy Besoy
Favorite Book: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yearly-joy-besoy.html
Latest Review: Beating Death (resubmission) by Sean O’Banion

Post by Yearly Joy Besoy »

The book is a 3 out of 4 for me. The book is good. It mainly portrays the bond between female friends, regardless of age.
Jeanht
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeanht.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Jeanht »

I loved the symbolism in the book about fishing,rivers and life in general.
The details on fly fishing though seemed too technical and long winded at times.
Mrunalpatki
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrunalpatki.html
Latest Review: The Mountain and The Goat by Siamak Taghaddos

Post by Mrunalpatki »

I loved the book. I think I was lucky for this book to be my first one here to review on onlinebookclub. This book is the reason I decided to continue reviewing books here because I didn't want to miss out on reading books like these. I loved the friendship bond the women shared in this book. And I also learnt a great deal about fly fishing.
Think before you review. Read before you think. :techie-studyinggray:
mariana90
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariana90.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by mariana90 »

I liked the book, the way the author painted the amazing outdoorsy scenes, but I thought the ending belonged to a completely different book.
Becccccca+98
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-becccccca-98.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Becccccca+98 »

I really love this book. I mean really love it. I love the connection that all the characters have with each other and I love how diverse the characters are. Honestly, my least favourite part was when Amanda died! AHH! my heart broke, I couldn't even bring myself to finish the review for a couple days. I had grown so attached to the characters that I had to mourn her death for a while. Overall? I though the author did a fantastic job on it, I loved the banter and the jokes. I really felt like I was there with them right throughout.
baldgi84
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading: Fulfilment
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-baldgi84.html
Latest Review: Empowered by Dominica Lumazar

Post by baldgi84 »

One of the best books I have read so far. I liked that the author explains about the need for "me time". Sad ending though
Samgum50
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samgum50.html
Latest Review: Divided World by Kenneth Pickering

Post by Samgum50 »

I rated this book 4 out of 4 stars. I would definitely recommend it to other people. I loved everything about the book.
Alexandros92
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexandros92.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Alexandros92 »

This book can travel you far and wide. There have been parts of the book that had this nostalgic feeling for something that you have never lived. I recommend it to all 4/4
Teddyquam
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teddyquam.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Teddyquam »

What I liked most about the book was the girl's passion for their support and the connection they shared in their friendship. I actually appreciated the information about fly fishing as it made we want to try the sport. I would definitely recommend this book to any outdoorsy ladies out there.
Do you ever feel like you spend too much time reading? Yeah. Me neither. :lol:
:reading-4:
Barbie_sidhu
Currently Reading: Strong heart
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbie-sidhu.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Barbie_sidhu »

I reviewed this book recently and adored the way author has portrayed women empowerment. The book, according to me celebrates women hood at its best,
Barbara Larkin
Currently Reading: The Raven Boys
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbara-larkin.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by Barbara Larkin »

I loved the relationship dynamic between the ladies. It was easy and drama-free (mostly) and their camaraderie was so rare and valued. I didn't like Amanda's death (I doubt anyone likes death, anyhow) and that part kind of took me by surprise.

Return to “Discuss "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings”