Currently Reading: Beyond the Wand
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: Lugares Amables by Lidice Megla
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Re: Fantasy/Magical Realism Book Discussion

Post by Heidi M Simone »

I recently finished Gregor and the Prophecy of Bane (Underland Chronicles #2) by Suzanne Collins. This one was definitely falls under the fantasy genre. It is geared towards upper elementary to middle school children, however, I found myself enjoying the book very much so.

In the end, I ended up giving this book a 4/4 stars. It was better than the first one in series, and I'm already into the third in the series - not as great as the second one, but still fairly enjoyable as a children's book.
Heidi
Official Reviewer Representative

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
LadyTL67
Currently Reading: The Different Kinds Of Monsters
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladytl67.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by LadyTL67 »

I am new as of February so I am just starting to get used to using this site. I am not one who normally gets into Fantasy/Magical stories but thought I would check into some of the stories that other members mention and see if they can grab my interest. I am hoping that maybe one of them would change my reading genre a bit as I am really into murder mysteries and Science Fiction with the blood and gore.

Return to “February 2018 Genre Discussion”