The Final Notice Option

Use this forum to discuss the March 2018 Book of the Month, "Final Notice" by Van Fleisher.
Atara Miles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atara-miles.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Re: The Final Notice Option

Post by Atara Miles »

I'm not sure I would want to know the exact time of my death. On one hand you'd know when you're going so you can prepare accordingly, plan your life out without venturing too far into a future that will never happen. On the other, I'll be so anxious and rushed knowing what little time I'd have left - as it'd never be enough.

As for the matter of including the Final Notice option, I'm guessing the company came up with an idea that sells and very few businesses would consider the moral implications of selling that particular product.
Namaste23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-namaste23.html
Latest Review: Did you know by Ashok Bhaskaran

Post by Namaste23 »

I would not want to know. I don’t think we are supposed to know. It’s the way nature designed life.
J Edwards
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading: Global Business in the Age of Transformation
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-j-edwards.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by J Edwards »

I don't think we as humans were programmed to handle that kind of information beforehand. I read somewhere that the reason we (human beings) are religious is because of the fear of the unknown. Now, if we knew with certainty that we are going to die at this or that time, do you think we would be in control of our actions or thoughts?
:character-bart:
“We don’t receive wisdom; we must discover it for ourselves after a journey that no one can take for us or spare us.”

French novelist Marcel Proust.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Time Before Time
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: All the Targets by Noah Bond
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

No, I don’t feel like it was wrong. The watch is just a tool, an advanced one, yes, but still a tool. No one was forced to take advantage of it or do immoral things, once they did. Some people did the right thing, but, as with any form of media, only the bad outcomes were reported.
Chimezie Agbata
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimezie-agbata.html
Latest Review: VROOM! Barry, Kari and the Power Boost! by William G Wilberforce III

Post by Chimezie Agbata »

This is kind of a weird question. I wouldn't want to have a watch tell me when i am going to die but thinking outside the box, i think it has an advantage. If one could know when he would die it would save them from unnecessary stress. Like i don't have to keep overworking, fighting so hard to achieve somethings and more. I will just have to focus and make my last days on earth memorable.
koffi Malay
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-koffi-malay.html
Latest Review: Mryyh for Mafia Men by C.R. Fulton

Post by koffi Malay »

Really, I would like to know. We all forget to live life to the fullest sometimes. Living the life of one's dreams, taking road trips, having fun, and doing many other things one would love to do but never have the opportunity to do.

Return to “Discuss "Final Notice" by Van Fleisher”