What do you think about the idea of knowing when you will die?

Use this forum to discuss the March 2018 Book of the Month, "Final Notice" by Van Fleisher.
maycherono91
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maycherono91.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Re: What do you think about the idea of knowing when you will die?

Post by maycherono91 »

I don't know how I would react to that, but basic line I would try to make things right with everyone. if you think about it, it is a privilege.
Sarah J Callen
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Deserving
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-j-callen.html
Latest Review: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings by Mike L Junior

Post by Sarah J Callen »

I enjoyed how this book posed this particular question. I think I would want to know. Probably not the 30-day option, but definitely the 10-day option to get things organized and my affairs in order.
MAKOMBE JACK
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by MAKOMBE JACK »

Everyone is doing well to avoid bad history and in fact, people seem to know death yet they lie to themselves. I, myself don't need to know what is going to happen because it might kill my plans if I just get time of departure.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I don’t think this kind of knowledge is for everyone. Even though the original intent of knowing your death date was to encourage people to get their affairs in order, it became about being able to seek revenge without repercussions.
Favour Ugwu Chidinma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favyugwu.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Favour Ugwu Chidinma »

To some it could be pleasing and some it could be devastating. Saying that I could be informed or aware of the moment I would die could really be helpful cause I would use the remaining time left to create and amazing moments and memories with my loved ones.
koffi Malay
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-koffi-malay.html
Latest Review: Mryyh for Mafia Men by C.R. Fulton

Post by koffi Malay »

I think is not that bad. It prepares you very well to accomplish somethings before the worse happens.
Monica Omonigho Bennymoore
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monica-omonigho-bennymoore.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Monica Omonigho Bennymoore »

i think it will be a good idea as it will help one to prepare and out his house in order. It will help one prepare for a peaceful transition to the great and unknown beyond. It will give one the opportunity to right all the wrongs and achieve peace with others.
Carlos Mata Saenz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carlos-mata-saenz.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Carlos Mata Saenz »

If it was a real technology, I would like to use it. I would like to think I can call my loved ones and say goodbye to them. I have lost people without having that option and it has been as hard the fact of losing them as the fact of not saying them goodbye. Definitely, I would buy the watch.
Ngozi mouau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ngozi-mouau.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Ngozi mouau »

I completely understand the desire not to have knowledge of our own mortality. While we all have an awareness that our lives will eventually come to an end, there is something empowering in maintaining a sense of hope and the possibility of living longer than what might be predicted. Having certainty about the exact timing of our death can be remarkably unnerving and potentially lead to feelings of despair. By embracing the uncertain nature of life, we can nurture an optimistic outlook, focusing on making the most of each day and relishing in the potential for a long and fulfilling journey.
Blank182
Currently Reading: The Wicked Wives
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Blank182 »

It's very haunting to know when or how I am going to die. Instead of living the best of my every day, I would definitely wake up with fear that my days are numbered and I am not doing anything worth living.
Rofiat Olomoda
Currently Reading: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rofiat-olomoda.html
Latest Review: Go Forth from Where You Are by Tova Herman

Post by Rofiat Olomoda »

:no-spoil: being aware of when I'm going to die? It's a no for me, I don't think I'll want to know that. To me, knowing about such information could be worrisome and saddening, this could deteriorate one's health and deprive one of living a true happy life. I'd rather not know and live the rest of my days full of happiness.
Favy Moses
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favy-moses.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Favy Moses »

Honestly just the thought of that scares me, imagine someone was to die the next day and is just finding out, that would be very traumatizing , so i would prefer God to make that decision.
Samuel Okoye 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samuel-okoye-2.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Samuel Okoye 2 »

I think the knowledge that I would die someday is okay Going down to the specifics will definately influence my behavior, and I don't want that.

Return to “Discuss "Final Notice" by Van Fleisher”