Is gun really the answer?

Use this forum to discuss the March 2018 Book of the Month, "Final Notice" by Van Fleisher.
zilipendwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zilipendwa.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Re: Is gun really the answer?

Post by zilipendwa »

phatgirl123 wrote: 23 Mar 2018, 08:14 no guns is not but to some people it is.Law makers made it easy for the wrong people to get guns back in the day now its like a diease its spread .Guns should be used to protect your self and your family but some people used them to hurt other people just cause they can.
I really hate this idea whereby guns get in the wrong hands.
LeaNyathi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leanyathi.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater

Post by LeaNyathi »

I don't believe in guns. I don't think it is ever the answer.
joshfee77
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joshfee77.html
Latest Review: In Time Forever by Stefan Raicu

Post by joshfee77 »

As an Australian citizen, I (thankfully) barely ever see a gun. I feel safer every day knowing that fact. So I don't believe a gun is an answer for self-defense, except possibly in a situation of last resort (perhaps a woman with a violent ex-partner stalking her, or similar). The problem with the US situation is the enormous prevalence of guns in their society. Guns are everywhere, so people literally feel they need one themselves to protect against someone else who might have a gun. They are basically a cancer in US society, the country itself the terminally-afflicted patient.
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

like there are two sides to a coin head and tail, keeping guns has both pros and cons and one needs to weigh both as per the circumstances prevailing
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
P Reefer
Favorite Book: The Lost Identity Casualties
Currently Reading: De Facto Feminisn
Bookshelf Size: 159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-p-reefer.html
Latest Review: The McCoys Before The Feud by Thomas McCoy

Post by P Reefer »

Definitely not. The use of guns for criminal purposes is a major and growing problem globally. The more guns available the greater the potential for mediated or unmediated killings.
CinWin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 311
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cinwin.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by CinWin »

If I had a gun in the house and finally got the courage to use it, it would either be too late, I would shoot myself in the foot, or the person I was trying to use it on would take it away from me. There have been too many accidents regarding guns in the home so I would choose not to own one. However, I do believe in our freedom to bear arms, so if someone thinks they need a gun they should be able to have one. This opinion is based on the premise that they have taken gun handling lessons and know how to use one!
----"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."----
liftedbooks
Currently Reading: The Ansgar Treasury
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-liftedbooks.html
Latest Review: The Embalmer by Vincent Zandri

Post by liftedbooks »

I don't believe that a gun is ever the answer, no matter the situation. There are just so many things that could go wrong.
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: My Wind Therapy
Bookshelf Size: 407
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: My Wind Therapy: Motorcycling Through A History of Child Abuse And Domestic Violence by Queen Five Star
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

I am not a believer of miracles or if you do good, good will happen to you sort of things. What I believe is what matters is what you do. So, if you need to defend yourself, definitely you need something. It does not have to be a gun. But it is the owner's duty to use it wisely. Otherwise it will only lead to disaster
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:
alisonedgee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alisonedgee.html
Latest Review: Lemoncella Cocktail by Rene Natan

Post by alisonedgee »

no tbh, guns and doing a school shooting are the last minute attempt from pathetic losers desperate for attention
glad that most of them shoot themselves afterwards tbh
Brittany J
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brittany-j.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Brittany J »

No, I do not believe guns are ever the answer. The negatives outweigh any positives people try to find.
Okafor Prosper
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 250
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okafor-prosper.html
Latest Review: 52 Pieces: by Dr. Marina Kostina

Post by Okafor Prosper »

NO, guns are not the answer to self defense or anything. guns should not even exist in my opinion. The world would be better off
Kendra M Parker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 421
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendra-m-parker.html
Latest Review: Requiem, Changing Times by RJ Parker
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by Kendra M Parker »

I think the answer depends on the situation. For general self-defense against a bully or an unskilled or unarmed attacker, there are more effective options. For defense against a large wild animal, a skilled attacker, or an armed attacker, a gun may be the better answer.

That said, how likely are you going to be found in that situation? Do you live in the country where you encounter bears on your property? Do you frequently encounter armed opponents? If no, perhaps you don’t need a gun.

The other issue with guns is that you need to know you can use it, otherwise it is useless. Sadly, most people don’t think beyond the end of the barrel when they buy a gun and that’s why we have so many problems.
Carris72
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carris72.html
Latest Review: Guardian of Deceit by William H. Coles

Post by Carris72 »

Gun is never the answer. If the opponent won't see reason, a karate fight is the next best thing. :D
prinjeh18
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prinjeh18.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by prinjeh18 »

zilipendwa wrote: 11 May 2018, 05:04 Image
Misael wrote: 13 Mar 2018, 07:18 I don't believe there should be a gun inside one's house because if it falls under the wrong hands, it could be lethal.
I agree with you 100 percent
Me too, a gun must be under control of someone who can manage well. Sad to say, today almost everyone who likes gun can have it.
prinjeh18
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prinjeh18.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by prinjeh18 »

zilipendwa wrote: 11 May 2018, 05:04 Image
Misael wrote: 13 Mar 2018, 07:18 I don't believe there should be a gun inside one's house because if it falls under the wrong hands, it could be lethal.
I agree with you 100 percent
Me too, a gun must be under control of someone who can manage well. Sad to say, today almost everyone who likes gun can have it.

Return to “Discuss "Final Notice" by Van Fleisher”