Movie adaptation?

Use this forum to discuss the March 2018 Book of the Month, "Final Notice" by Van Fleisher.
liftedbooks
Currently Reading: The Ansgar Treasury
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-liftedbooks.html
Latest Review: The Embalmer by Vincent Zandri

Re: Movie adaptation?

Post by liftedbooks »

There are very few times in my life that I have enjoyed the movie adaptation of a book. Of course this book would be great on screen, but only if the creators can stick really close to the actual script in the book.
MollyEnter
Currently Reading: The Altitude Journals
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mollyenter.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by MollyEnter »

Great idea! But I think this book as a tv show would be even better! It has the potential to be very episodic.
"There is something about words. In expert hands, manipulated deftly, they take you prisoner.”
– Diane Setterfield, The Thirteenth Tale
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: My Wind Therapy
Bookshelf Size: 407
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: My Wind Therapy: Motorcycling Through A History of Child Abuse And Domestic Violence by Queen Five Star
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

Definitely this will be a good idea for a film. The basic idea of knowing the death date is a good and innovative idea for a movie. Making of it can make alone as a movie(Ican see the movie parts in my head right now). And being a thriller,every part can be included in a movie without any cutoffs. :lol:
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:
book_worm 101
Currently Reading: See How Small
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-worm-101.html
Latest Review: The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by book_worm 101 »

I always love seeing how books turn into great movies. Sometimes, however, the movie is very limited to the original plot of the book. I believe that is what would happen in this case. Therefore, for now, using our imagination to work up a "movie" in our heads, is probably our best bet for Final Notice.
CheyenneR
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheyenner.html
Latest Review: World, Incorporated by Tom Gariffo

Post by CheyenneR »

I think given the right actors it could work well as a movie. Some of the romantic scenes between Vijay and Jennifer might have to be cut because I feel like they wouldn't add much to a movie but most everything else could stay.
Mallory Porshnev
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Moloka'i
Bookshelf Size: 332
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pricklypurple.html
Latest Review: The Paradize Inn by Sheri O'Sullivan

Post by Mallory Porshnev »

I think this would make a great film. It had a movie-like quality throughout the whole thing. Already much of the dialogue is written and should be easy to adapt. All the scenes of gun violence will work well, but some might be too gruesome for the big screen or create too much shock in light of recent events.
Jillpillbooknerd
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 1908
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jillpillbooknerd.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Jillpillbooknerd »

I feel like this book could be turned into a movie if done correctly. There are a lot of storylines so it may be that one or two of them would have to be cut and have the movie focus mainly on Vince, Trudi, and Rasha. The book is also pretty political and critical of the President so I would assume that most movie studios would cut that to appeal to a wider audience.
TaaraLynn
Currently Reading: To Selena, With Love
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taaralynn.html
Latest Review: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016 by William H. Coles

Post by TaaraLynn »

I would have to read it first, but in a general sense, I do like to see how books are adapted and perceived by the creator. It doesn't always work, but when it does, it can be so good!
"Maybe the two different worlds we lived in weren't so different. We saw the same sunset." - Ponyboy Curtis, The Outsiders
msomigreat
Currently Reading: Abducted
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msomigreat.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles

Post by msomigreat »

i cannot say much about which parts would be better or not. However, i believe the book has all the qualities of being remade into a movie. By the way i think that Keanu Reeves would play a great role.
Jennifer Fernandez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-fernandez.html
Latest Review: The Enemy In Me by Jacob Newell Campbell

Post by Jennifer Fernandez »

I don't really think this book can be adapted that well into a movie. People might think it's too slow. Maybe if they changed the story a bit and added a little bit more action people would like it. But then, it would take away on the real essence of the book.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. - H.P. Lovecraft :techie-studyinggray:
AmySmiles
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Dana Peters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amysmiles.html
Latest Review: Sex Education for Adults Secrets to Amazing Sex and Happily Ever After Too by John Wilder
fav_author_id: 154082

Post by AmySmiles »

I would love to see this book made into a movie. I think it would definitely be a big hit.
Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.
–Author Unknown
Theresa Moffitt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 294
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theresa-moffitt.html
Latest Review: Royal Gossip by Trisha Goodwin
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 30%

Post by Theresa Moffitt »

I think this book would work well as a film. I think the story would translate well to film if a good screen writer is involved.
Jessacardinal
Currently Reading: The Lost Identity Casualties
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessacardinal.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Jessacardinal »

I believe this book would make a great movie. There have been plenty of action and love scenes to successfully fill the big screen and keep the audience engaged. I can't think of anything I would change thus far.
"Let's be reasonable and add an eighth day to the week that is devoted exclusively to reading." - Lena Dunham
Delaney35
Currently Reading: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-delaney35.html
Latest Review: Lingering Poets by Logan Lamech

Post by Delaney35 »

I think due to the number of characters this is better left as a book. I think making it into a movie would lose the strength of the message.
Renu G
Currently Reading: Masters and Bastards
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-renu-g.html
Latest Review: The Roving Mind: A Modern Approach to Cognitive Enhancement by Anthony Simola

Post by Renu G »

It would make a good movie. I think the manufacturer of the watch could become one of the principal characters.

Return to “Discuss "Final Notice" by Van Fleisher”