Overall rating and opinion of "Ironbark Hill" by Jennie Linnane

Use this forum to discuss the April 2018 Book of the Month, "Ironbark Hill" by Jennie Linnane
Kelsey Fulton
Favorite Book: Villette
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelsey-fulton.html
Latest Review: Man Shark by Gerald Knight
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Ironbark Hill" by Jennie Linnane

Post by Kelsey Fulton »

This book sounds lively and full of vivacious characters. I love a book where I can root for the main character and feel their every movement and thought. The review was very encouraging and compelling as well. I am definitely adding it to my bookshelves.
"Everything is nothing, with a twist." -Kurt Vonnegut
magnoparisi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magnoparisi.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's Aftermath of War by Greg Kater

Post by magnoparisi »

What a charming and perfectly written tale! I was so impressed with the beautiful language and rhythm of the writing. The story is full of beautiful description of Australian landscape. It’s a book that is fascinating and one I would recommend.
MsH2k
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

What I liked most was the author’s way of describing even the most mundane items in a colorful, artistic way. I enjoyed being in a place where Christmas is in the summer. I know that Natalie’s stepfather is villain number one, but I detested Bruce. He was conniving and deceitful. It was a vivid read, and it added to my knowledge of Australia. I rated this book 4 stars and would definitely recommend it.
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
Abi McCoy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abi-mccoy.html
Latest Review: The Scrolls of the Bonefairy Castle by David Spiegel

Post by Abi McCoy »

I think this was a well-written work that focused on a strong female character. I did feel it was a little difficult to connect with any of the other characters in the work, which was a little disappointing. The heartache and struggles were sometimes more relatable than I wanted them to be and there was a lot of sadness in this book, but I still really enjoyed it. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I do recommend reading this work!
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 266
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: The Big Necesscaries by Beth Weiler

Post by Christell Lindeque »

From what I have read I felt like Natalie was a strong person for standing up to her stepfather when he was hitting her mother and other times when she also did not let him walk over her. It was sad that her brother looked up to her stepfather.

Return to “Discuss "Ironbark Hill" by Jennie Linnane”