Overall rating and opinion of "Ironbark Hill" by Jennie Linnane

Use this forum to discuss the April 2018 Book of the Month, "Ironbark Hill" by Jennie Linnane
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Overall rating and opinion of "Ironbark Hill" by Jennie Linnane

Post by gali »

This is a discussion topic for the April 2018 Book of the Month, "Ironbark Hill" by Jennie Linnane

What is your overall opinion of the "Ironbark Hill"? What do you like most about it? What do you like least? Will you recommend the book to other people? Why or why not?

Please remember to add your actual rating using the book's page on
Bookshelves.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
lesler
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lesler.html
Latest Review: Confrontations by Donald J Williamson

Post by lesler »

I thought the book was very good. I feel so much sympathy for the main character, and hope she's ok. I will definitely recommend this book to other people, because of the excellent personification of the characters.
BDTheresa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bdtheresa.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by BDTheresa »

It's a great story. Natalia is a young flawless girl with dreams and hope. A girl who was trying to be there for her mother and siblings. Why didn't her mother take upon that role and responsibility to be there for Natalie and her siblings instead. I will definitely recommend this book to other people, because it relates to the lives of both teens and adults.
azerikaj
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azerikaj.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by azerikaj »

Some people definitely don't. I'm not sure if they hang on looking for glimpses of good they saw at first, or what.
Dignabookread101
Currently Reading: When No One Else Believed
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Dignabookread101 »

We can relay the story about life struggle at a young age that makes the story more readable reason why I like the book hope to get it free.
FilmStar
Currently Reading: Rich and Pretty
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-filmstar.html
Latest Review: My Author Is Dead by Michel Bruneau
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by FilmStar »

I thought the book was decent but not good enough to be a book of the month. I liked the character of Natalie in how strong she was but I didn't really care for the turnout of the book. Natalie was the only character that I truly cared about. I don't think I'll recommend this book to anyone.
Aisha I
Currently Reading: Dead Lock
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-i.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Aisha I »

The book is an inspirational story for the young and old, I love and care so much for Natalie whose struggles and hardworking skills were just to take care of her beloved mother. that's the beauty of the heart of a female child to the parents. all the settings and plotting is perfectly put in place here.
what I dislike so much here is where her mother wasn't there for her as well. I think she would have done better in this book by transferring her care to her daughter as well no matter the circumstances.
I strongly recommend this book to everyone out there, there's always a lesson to be learnt from this inspirational piece
azerikaj
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azerikaj.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by azerikaj »

I got to the part where Natalie helps the cow give birth to the one she got to keep and that sentence about "She helped her mother during similar times." Does that mean she was present at other calvings, or, perhaps, the births of some of her sisters and brothers?
zilizopita1998
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zilizopita1998.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by zilizopita1998 »

I have just voted for this book as the April book of the month. I really liked the role that Natalie played in the story. She is indeed such a strong character.
zilizopita1998
Currently Reading:

Post by zilizopita1998 »

zilizopita1998 wrote: 05 Apr 2018, 14:24 I have just voted for this book as the April book of the month. I really liked the role that Natalie played in the story. She is indeed such a strong character.
I am already through reading this book of the month.
zilizopita1998
Currently Reading:

Post by zilizopita1998 »

lesler wrote: 01 Apr 2018, 15:33 I thought the book was very good. I feel so much sympathy for the main character, and hope she's ok. I will definitely recommend this book to other people, because of the excellent personification of the characters.
I equally thought it was great.
zilizopita1998
Currently Reading:

Post by zilizopita1998 »

BDTheresa wrote: 02 Apr 2018, 02:31 It's a great story. Natalia is a young flawless girl with dreams and hope. A girl who was trying to be there for her mother and siblings. Why didn't her mother take upon that role and responsibility to be there for Natalie and her siblings instead. I will definitely recommend this book to other people, because it relates to the lives of both teens and adults.
This is true since Natalie is such a great character. The book is appropriate as it cuts across ages. :techie-studyinggray:
zilizopita1998
Currently Reading:

Post by zilizopita1998 »

Aisha I wrote: 04 Apr 2018, 17:42 The book is an inspirational story for the young and old, I love and care so much for Natalie whose struggles and hardworking skills were just to take care of her beloved mother. that's the beauty of the heart of a female child to the parents. all the settings and plotting is perfectly put in place here.
what I dislike so much here is where her mother wasn't there for her as well. I think she would have done better in this book by transferring her care to her daughter as well no matter the circumstances.
I strongly recommend this book to everyone out there, there's always a lesson to be learnt from this inspirational piece
Indeed the book is appropriate for all ages.
Amanda Nixon
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-nixon.html
Latest Review: Saving Grace by Kathryn Garten

Post by Amanda Nixon »

I felt very intrigued by the main character and was definitely able to empathize due to the good writing. I would recommend this book to others.
Amanda Nixon
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-nixon.html
Latest Review: Saving Grace by Kathryn Garten

Post by Amanda Nixon »

zilizopita1998 wrote: 05 Apr 2018, 14:45
Aisha I wrote: 04 Apr 2018, 17:42 The book is an inspirational story for the young and old, I love and care so much for Natalie whose struggles and hardworking skills were just to take care of her beloved mother. that's the beauty of the heart of a female child to the parents. all the settings and plotting is perfectly put in place here.
Indeed the book is appropriate for all ages.
I also definitely feel that this book was appropriate for all ages. I also felt disappointed and upset when her mom wasn't there for her.

Return to “Discuss "Ironbark Hill" by Jennie Linnane”