Overall rating and opinion of " The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid" by Gary Robinson

Use this forum to discuss the May 2018 Book of the Month, "The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid" by Gary Robinson
Charles lib
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-lib.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Re: Overall rating and opinion of " The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid" by Gary Robinson

Post by Charles lib »

I didn't find this book funny at all. The female characters in this book was so disappointing and belittled.
Agbata Charles
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-agbata-1.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Agbata Charles »

I loved the books storyline. Although some part of this book looked fake or unrealistic to me. This book is a fiction book, but the author should have tried to make it look a bit realistic
Tara D Morgan
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The colour purple
Currently Reading: Angel of Liverpool
Bookshelf Size: 202
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tara-d-morgan.html
Latest Review: Good Evening, Sir George by Donald Yule
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Tara D Morgan »

I loved Duke and found myself laughing with him and crying with him. I like the way Duke turns every knockback and horrible experience into a positive and something to be learned from. I love that Duke wears his heart on his sleeve. The love for his circus family is there for all to see. I also liked the humor throughout this book; e.g., on page twenty-five, a Jewish man says he would never mutilate his body with tattoos. The reply to this is, "What the hell did you do with your foreskin? Carry it in your front pocket?"

I rated this book 4 out of 4 stars. The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid has an exciting storyline and is fast-paced. I admire Gary Robinson for writing this book which does not show him in a perfect light.
Not available anymore
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-covenant-morolayo-olusegun.html
Latest Review: Stones by James C. Hendee

Post by Not available anymore »

Too much profanities and drug use, the author seems to glorify alcohol apart from that it was a nice read, seem like a true life story
Mellino Itz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mellino-itz.html
Latest Review: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude by Anthony A. Morris

Post by Mellino Itz »

Everything about this book caught my attention from the front page cover to the end of this book. I enjoyed reading about the circus show and Tattoos. I love tattoos even thought it is not accepted from where I came from. This book contained quiet some very hilarious scenes. So far there is nothing I disliked about this book and I recommend this book to those who addicted to any form of drug or alcohol.
Goody book
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goody-book.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Goody book »

Sounds interesting although I haven't read the book. I think the book had some character development issues.
Roderick Voss
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roderick-voss.html

Post by Roderick Voss »

It contains humor, drama, and suspense. This book's get a full rating from me.
koffi Malay
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-koffi-malay.html
Latest Review: Mryyh for Mafia Men by C.R. Fulton

Post by koffi Malay »

I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars because of the author's writing style, excellent character development, and intriguing plot. 
Mellino Itz
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mellino-itz.html

Post by Mellino Itz »

This quite an interesting read that taught me so much about alcoholism and the life of an addict. I love the author descriptive ability. I think this book deserves a 4 out of 4 star rating.
Ngozi mouau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ngozi-mouau.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Ngozi mouau »

"Sword Swallow and a Chico Kid" is a book that I have spent a lot of time reading over and over again. It is a book filled with different skills, learning experiences, mischievous adventures, and action-packed moments. The main character has a unique talent for swallowing swords during his performances on the street. On the other hand, Duke, his friend, has faced challenges in life and has not found success, leading him to take odd jobs. However, both friends share a common struggle with alcoholism. The author, Gary Robinson, has a remarkable gift for writing engaging stories. This book is particularly valuable for individuals dealing with alcoholism, drug abuse, substance abuse, as well as schools and colleges.

Return to “Discuss "The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid" by Gary Robinson”