What is so fascinating about circus life?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2018 Book of the Month, "The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid" by Gary Robinson
Not available anymore
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-covenant-morolayo-olusegun.html
Latest Review: Stones by James C. Hendee

Re: What is so fascinating about circus life?

Post by Not available anymore »

The book definitely draw us into the world of circus and sideshow and made me know more about it.
Mellino Itz
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mellino-itz.html
Latest Review: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude by Anthony A. Morris

Post by Mellino Itz »

I have not been to a circus show before and i have only seen that in some foreign movies. I would love to see one but from this book the live of those who are part of the show is really wild and filled with addiction behind the scene. It also looks like some deformed folks who come together to find love and family then use their deformity to entertain. Its indeed a difficult and hard life.
Odindi Omo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odindi-omo.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Odindi Omo »

There's a common saying that "hurt people hurt people" I think this also applies to broken people. But these people in the circus chose not to be like that. Despite their challenges, they chose to do something to bring smile on people's faces. This improved my opinion on the circus.
Roderick Voss
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roderick-voss.html

Post by Roderick Voss »

The illusion of circus life is like delving into a counterculture so different from the norm that it fascinates me. I'm fascinated by how the various groups interacted with one another. I'd read other books about the circus, but none that went into detail about the drug culture.
koffi Malay
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-koffi-malay.html
Latest Review: Mryyh for Mafia Men by C.R. Fulton

Post by koffi Malay »

I picture a circus lifestyle as one in which you can express your talents without inhibitions. People are entertained by it. I find it to be very enjoyable. I sometimes wonder if they have supernatural abilities, but that just makes me like it more. It shouldn't be done all the time because people might find it annoying.
Mellino Itz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mellino-itz.html

Post by Mellino Itz »

When i think of the circus, it seemed so exciting and very entertaining. However, the life behind the scene seem so horrible and shouldn't be a life anyone should be satisfied with.
Ngozi mouau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ngozi-mouau.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Ngozi mouau »

In my personal opinion, I am intrigued by the circus because it offers a unique and contrasting experience compared to my everyday routine. The various activities, diverse range of food, rich cultural aspects, and the different types of people present in the circus captivate my interest. I find myself particularly drawn to stories that are set in a circus or traveling show, such as "The Night Circus" or a season of "American Horror Story," as they transport me into a fascinating world. Although I no longer attend traditional circuses, I still enjoy visiting county fairs, where I can encounter similar elements of excitement and novelty. Since I have not yet completed the book in question, I am unable to provide answers to the other related questions.

Return to “Discuss "The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid" by Gary Robinson”