Overall rating and opinion of "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami

Use this forum to discuss the June 2018 Book of the Month"The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami
JoieDeLivre
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: Two of a kind
Bookshelf Size: 549
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joiedelivre.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami

Post by JoieDeLivre »

I really liked it. I was put off by the paranormal aspect at first but then was kind of swept away by the mystery. After that, the paranormal parts became less important than finding out what would happen.
json2500
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by json2500 »

It is an awesome book, during reading this book you feel like romance and mystery. Images are placed in this book with perfect imagery.

In the spirit of the Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown and the Art Forger by B. A. Shapiro, blended with an unforgettable romance. The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami unravels a compelling mystery with an emotional love story.
ObsessedBookNerd
Favorite Book: Moon Called
Currently Reading: Morning Is Always Nigh
Bookshelf Size: 882
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obsessedbooknerd.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by ObsessedBookNerd »

I haven’t read the novel yet but based on reviews it seems like an interesting read. I love romance books so I might give this book a try.
Power Onyango
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-power-onyango.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Power Onyango »

I think the novel was a fair book and I would give it a rating of 2 out of 4 stars. I was marvelled by the art The drawings are excellent. I would recommend it to lovers of romance and artistic works.
Georgialouise
Currently Reading: The Watchmaker’s Doctor
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-georgialouise.html
Latest Review: A Bloody Book by Chris Bowen

Post by Georgialouise »

I haven't read this book yet but, after having read the reviews for it, I will definitely be adding it to my TBR list!
sanykip
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanykip.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by sanykip »

It is an interesting book, the fact that it falls in the art of romance and mystery, it drawn me into reading it. i loved the plot of the book and really recommend it to other people to feel the mystery in it.
bookdragon7
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookdragon7.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
Reading Device: B007HCCOIA

Post by bookdragon7 »

I very much enjoyed reading this book. I was very happy I chose it for the first book I was to review for this website. I loved how the different elements in the story were so very well put together. It was definitely a page turner for me. The only thing I didn't like is that we didn't get to see more of the past relationships. I would definitely read a book about those. The characters were well developed and the story unfolded naturally. I would absolutely recommend this book to others!
JoieDeLivre
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: Two of a kind
Bookshelf Size: 549
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joiedelivre.html

Post by JoieDeLivre »

I quite liked this book. I was definitely thrown by the paranormal aspect, but felt that the mystery therein quickly superseded its importance in my mind. I would absolutely recommend it to friends that enjoy mysteries, art, or history.
istarlin
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by istarlin »

The book is intresting which follows themes of art,romance and mystery.the most attractive thing is the unique plot it is really perfect.i would absolutely recommend it to friends that enjoys mysteries arts and romance
Sharon Talbot
Favorite Book: Lolita
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Sharon Talbot »

I was put off by the teenage/fanfic style of writing. The style would be fine in an online story, such as the ones involving characters like the BBC's "Sherlock" or even "Dr Who", but not serious literature. The plot was all over the place and each scene seemed like an excuse for some quick yet dangerous snogging with a reckless lover! The whole time travel idea was even more confusing than Kurt Vonnegut's much better-written Slaughterhouse Five.
chelhack
Favorite Book: My Trip To Adele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 381
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelhack.html
Latest Review: E-M-P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by chelhack »

I gave
The Girl Who Knew da Vinci
a 4 out of 4 stars rating and if I could have given them more and or extra stars I would have
Chelsea N. Hackett
Ravinder+Kaur
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ravinder-kaur.html
Latest Review: Roadmap to the End of Days by Daniel Friedmann
Reading Device: Kindle

Post by Ravinder+Kaur »

I have not read the book yet, but from what I gather from the reviews and ratings, I think I will add it to my to-read shelves. It may be interesting to have a go at the multi-genre aspect of the book.
Btw, bookowlie's review impressed me the most. Thank you.
RT_offscript
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rt-offscript.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by RT_offscript »

Although I have some reservations, I still enjoyed Belle Ami's story, which allowed my imagination to run wild with the amazing tastes of different foods and wines of past and present - day Italy; and I look forward to reading more of the author's works. I would also recommend "The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci" to other readers but with the following disclaimers: (1) This book is not unique or original. Ami's work has some similar elements to "Saimdang" and "Possession." (2) Although Ami claims to have just "a touch of sensual heat" in her works, the number of sex scenes actually overwhelms the story and limits further character development.
Nolie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Nolie »

I think it's better to add more intimate scene that attract more reader.
Jmteachmom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jmteachmom.html

Post by Jmteachmom »

Northernbird84 wrote: 19 Jul 2018, 06:06
-brintontaylor wrote: 01 Jun 2018, 03:24 Because I love mystery books so much, I decided that I might read this book. However, I was put off by the whole Art / History side to it. Those genres are just ones that I've never really read or had any interest in!
I'm not hugely into art / history, do you think that would put me off reading this book or can you enjoy the mystery in spite of it?
Personally, I am not sure you would enjoy the book if your not interested in art and history. Although I say this, I do believe stepping out to another genre is sometimes worth it. I have found myself reading novels that I would not have chosen a year ago. I feel like broadening your horizons may be a good thing.

Return to “Discuss "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami”