Overall rating and opinion of "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami

Use this forum to discuss the June 2018 Book of the Month"The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami
Hannah Ying
Currently Reading: The Secret History
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannah-ying.html
Latest Review: End of the Last Great Kingdom by Victor Rose

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami

Post by Hannah Ying »

It was a very engaging novel. I liked that fact that the author chose Florence/Rome as a major setting. I've always wanted to visit. Also loved the unique spin she put on the idea of past lives and such. I would definitely recommend. :)
Simmons32
Currently Reading: Cengage Advantage Books
Bookshelf Size: 673
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-simmons32.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Simmons32 »

The mystery behind the painting drew me in. There was probably a little too much sexual content for my taste, but overall the book was enjoyable.
Laney K
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laney-k.html
Latest Review: Lost in Plan Sight by Karen Magee

Post by Laney K »

I liked how the romance of Alex and Angela blended with the mystery of the painting. It was a fun mix of romance, action, and mystery all wrapped up in the theme of past lives and reincarnation.
Laney K
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laney-k.html
Latest Review: Lost in Plan Sight by Karen Magee

Post by Laney K »

Hannah Ying wrote: 15 Jun 2022, 01:22 It was a very engaging novel. I liked that fact that the author chose Florence/Rome as a major setting. I've always wanted to visit. Also loved the unique spin she put on the idea of past lives and such. I would definitely recommend. :)
I definitely agree that the setting was a cool one. I feel like Ami did an excellent job of bringing it to life and describing each new place.
maycherono91
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maycherono91.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by maycherono91 »

This sounds like a really interesting read. The title itself is catchy. I hope to read it soon.
Courtney-leigh Burgin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-courtney-leigh-burgin.html
Latest Review: Jurisdiction Denied by Jack Gold and Marc Debbaudt

Post by Courtney-leigh Burgin »

The book is captivating and instantly transports you back in time. For those who don't know, Leornardo Da Vinci was an successful, yet inspiring artist. The book is set in historic era. The protagonist goes on a journey with Alex, an art detective who must work together to work out and find the painting that appeared missing. The best part of the book I believe is the friendship that blossomed between Belle and Alex. The least favourite part was the erotic scenes that were displayed within the book. I rate the book 3 out of 4 stars. I will recommend the book to those individuals who enjoy historical fiction.
Christina Puttre
Currently Reading: The Boy who Lived with Ghosts
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christina-puttre.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Christina Puttre »

I started to read this book because of its mystery plot. But it quickly became a love novel, and the sexual harassment laid on thick immediately. I was unable to continue with it.
Reema Aydieh
Currently Reading: Everyone in My Family Has Killed Someone
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reema-aydieh.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Reema Aydieh »

It’s a fascinating love story with the concepts of soulmates, reincarnation, and past lives. I loved everything about it and would definitely recommend it to other people. The most outstanding thing about this book is the flawless blend of genres. With suspense, romance, and mystery. The unique plot alone captured my attention, as well as the art.
“Just keep swimming.”
lshreves6
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by lshreves6 »

I absolutely loved this book. I like the concept of combining paranormal romance and world travel together. In addition, I love the fact the plot of the story was attention-grabbing. If you like this kind of book, I would definitely suggest reading it!
Phooko Tebogo PC
Favorite Author: Walter E. Broach
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phooko-tebogo-pc.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe
fav_author_id: 202169

Post by Phooko Tebogo PC »

I have just finished reading this book. It was quite entertaining but I was disappointed on the steamy scenes provided in the book, I personally found it way too much for my interest. I give the book a fair rating of 2 out of 4
"Live to leave a mark, the footprints of the greatest" :obscene-drinkingcheers:
~Phooko tebogo
Odindi Omo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odindi-omo.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Odindi Omo »

I love this book. Everything about it pulls me, the art, history, romance, mystery, and war. I live everything about it. I think Bella Ami is a very skilled writer.
Rheta Flanders
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rheta-flanders.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by Rheta Flanders »

I gave this book 3 out of 4. I adored the storyline and characters. And I highly recommend reading this book. The only flaws I found were in the edits. Everything about Belle Ami's novel was well developed enough to pass through what I may have found on an average read. I would love to see this grow more (and her writings have) as far as into screenwriting of a play or movie. It has that much to offer, and I'm not one for sitting through a film since the first "talkies." A silver screen dramatization of this magnitude would require actors and actresses in league with the likes of Claudette Colbert.
Ashna_Tibrewal_7
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashna-tibrewal-7.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Ashna_Tibrewal_7 »

Alex and Belle friendship was my favourite part. Even though the quantity exceeded the quality of steamy scenes in the book, it worked to a level of extent.
Trashford
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Trashford »

I enjoyed reading this book and I'm really looking forward to reading it's sequel. I would like to see the next adventure in store for Angela and Alexander.

Return to “Discuss "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami”