Why is da Vinci’s name on the cover?

Use this forum to discuss the June 2018 Book of the Month"The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami
Phooko Tebogo PC
Favorite Author: Walter E. Broach
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phooko-tebogo-pc.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe
fav_author_id: 202169

Re: Why is da Vinci’s name on the cover?

Post by Phooko Tebogo PC »

I don't find it unethical for the author to choose to put DaVinci on the title of the book. In fact it was a perfect title considering what the book is all about. For those who do not know him won't grab the book because of the name but by the description of the book
"Live to leave a mark, the footprints of the greatest" :obscene-drinkingcheers:
~Phooko tebogo
Phooko Tebogo PC
Favorite Author: Walter E. Broach
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phooko-tebogo-pc.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe
fav_author_id: 202169

Post by Phooko Tebogo PC »

Rosemary Wright wrote: 17 Jul 2018, 02:58 The name, da Vinci, is a part of the book because the missing painting was done by him. Since it's a fictional story, it's okay for the author to add the name to the title. It makes the title more appealing.
I agree with you,, I did not even know there is a famous artist by that name but the book managed to catch my attention. And I also applaud him for that strategy as a marketing ploy, it was a great title to choose
"Live to leave a mark, the footprints of the greatest" :obscene-drinkingcheers:
~Phooko tebogo
Ashna_Tibrewal_7
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashna-tibrewal-7.html

Post by Ashna_Tibrewal_7 »

His name is on the cover because his lost painting was the key thing holding the story together. Plus his name is a good marketing method also.

Return to “Discuss "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami”