Your favorite scene

Use this forum to discuss the June 2018 Book of the Month"The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami
ianfrb77
Currently Reading: The Message?
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ianfrb77.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Re: Your favorite scene

Post by ianfrb77 »

garima597 wrote: 20 Jul 2018, 00:57 I loved the climax of the book where Angela, Sophia and Fioretta together kills the Alberto Scordato. It seems to me the most important scene of the book.
I mean, the climax is always very meaningful to the whole story; but I agree. I was actually looking forward for it to happen *chuckles*
Transcendens. Humanitet. Ånd.
Theresa Moffitt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 294
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theresa-moffitt.html
Latest Review: Royal Gossip by Trisha Goodwin
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 30%

Post by Theresa Moffitt »

I think the scene where Alex first sees Angela talking to the painting in the museum. It’s a powerful scene in that he witnesses what she is experiencing and has his own experience with the painting communicating to him that lets the reader know something significant is really happening and not just in Angela’s imagination.
Jsovermyer
Favorite Book: Appaloosa Sky
Currently Reading: The Pocket Guide to Minimalism
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jsovermyer.html
Latest Review: Solomon’s Porch by Janet Morris Grimes

Post by Jsovermyer »

bookowlie wrote: 06 Jun 2018, 19:47 I would say the scene in the Getty Museum where Alex found Angela talking to the Medici painting. It was very unexpected and magical that the man in the painting opened his eyes, turned his face, and looked at Angela. After a flash of light came out of the painting, Angela told Alex in Italian that she loved him and kissed him. This was despite Alex being a stranger to her. Although I admit I rolled my eyes a little, the scene was vividly described and I felt like I was right there. Once I read this scene, I started thinking the book would make a good movie.
I agree. This was my favorite scene too. The painting moving was a great touch.
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1886
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

My favorite scene of the story is Leonardo Da Vinci helping his friend Fioretta during her childbirth and passing away. Fioretta bade farewell to Leonardo telling him her story and Leonardo in his decent and graceful manner helps her sail through the difficulties. This adds great meaning and depth to the story!
Jajachris
Currently Reading: The Blue Lagoon (Official Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jajachris.html
Latest Review: The Spirituality Puzzle by James Rondinone and Renee Rondinone

Post by Jajachris »

I have not read the book yet, I will surely come back with my thoughts once I am done reading it.
Medhansh Bhardwaj
Currently Reading: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-medhansh-bhardwaj.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White’s SUB SNIPS by Laura Moss White

Post by Medhansh Bhardwaj »

The painting scene was the best. With Angela talking to the painting and Alex confused about what is happening there, I got pretty excited. And after that, the picture moved it's eyes and look at her. That was simply amazing.
Simmons32
Currently Reading: Cengage Advantage Books
Bookshelf Size: 673
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-simmons32.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Simmons32 »

I kind of just liked the descriptions of the vineyards and the house. I can picture in my head the old mixing with the new. That library sounded amazing with the firs edition paintings inside and also the huge shower that can look out the window but no one can see inside. It all just sounds really beautiful.
Favy Moses
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by Favy Moses »

I don't have a favorite scene yet to be honest , i love the book though , but now the question has been asked i am going back to the book.

Return to “Discuss "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami”