Do you think Belle Ami will write more books around Angela and Alex?

Use this forum to discuss the June 2018 Book of the Month"The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami
SweetMelissaV2131
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetmelissav2131.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
Reading Device: 1400697484

Do you think Belle Ami will write more books around Angela and Alex?

Post by SweetMelissaV2131 »

This is the first book I've read by Belle Ami so I am not familiar with her style or other books but I can't help but wonder if she plans on turning this book into the first book of a series. What are your thoughts?

I think with the way she ended this book that it might be possible. I tend to get attached to the characters in books and movies and am always wanting more stories to develop surrounding them.

I just thought I would throw this thought out there and see what everyone else thought about the idea.
SereneCharles
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-serenecharles.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by SereneCharles »

I'm actually yet to read the book, so I don't have any thoughts about the author writing a second series. But from everyone's comment about the book, I'll sure prefer a second edition if the story didn't end in a as-a-matter-of-fact way.
Writing is so much fun. So is reading. :techie-studyingbrown:
Riszell
Currently Reading: The Vanished
Bookshelf Size: 1041
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riszell.html
Latest Review: Chancing Hope by Lisa Slater

Post by Riszell »

Maybe. A lot of readers are even wanting this book to have a film adaptation, so there's a great possibility of writing more books as well.
Manali_DC
Currently Reading: A Little Life
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manali-dc.html
Latest Review: Flat Top Mountain Ranch -- the beginning by James E Doucette

Post by Manali_DC »

I just read and reviewed the book recently. And there was indeed a little paragraph at the end about Angela and her visions that got me all excited about the prospect of seeing them again in another story! I liked Angela and Alex very much and would be glad to see them in some other story.
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

Based on the Amazon description, it is the first book in the Out of Time thriller series. Also, there is a scene at the end that seems like it will lead to a new investigation.
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
Dael Reader
Currently Reading: The Story of Arthur Truluv
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dael-reader.html
Latest Review: Extraordinary Stories From Everyday People (and me) by Les Clark

Post by Dael Reader »

She probably will. But I wish she wouldn't. Not unless she does enough research to base the plot lines more solidly on art history. If Angela and Alex can start solving art mysterious with a more academic approach, rather than based on Angela's ridiculous past-life regression/spirit possession episodes, the stories could be a little bit more interesting. If she keeps basing the stories on sex scenes past and present, there will be very little to recommend about the books.
MrsCatInTheHat
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrscatinthehat.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 0

Post by MrsCatInTheHat »

It's listed as Book 1 in a series. I'm looking forward to what comes next ;)
Life without a good book is something MrsCatInTheHat cannot imagine.
SweetMelissaV2131
Currently Reading:

Ada4nathan wrote: 10 Jun 2018, 01:38 I'm actually yet to read the book, so I don't have any thoughts about the author writing a second series. But from everyone's comment about the book, I'll sure prefer a second edition if the story didn't end in a as-a-matter-of-fact way.
Yes, the author kind of dangled a little blurb in front of the reader which made me think there will be more books involving the main characters.
SweetMelissaV2131
Currently Reading:

Riszell wrote: 10 Jun 2018, 01:55 Maybe. A lot of readers are even wanting this book to have a film adaptation, so there's a great possibility of writing more books as well.
I did see that post and was surprised at the response of readers wanting it to be made into a movie or TV show. It will be interesting to see if anything comes of that.
SweetMelissaV2131
Currently Reading:

Manali_DC wrote: 10 Jun 2018, 05:48 I just read and reviewed the book recently. And there was indeed a little paragraph at the end about Angela and her visions that got me all excited about the prospect of seeing them again in another story! I liked Angela and Alex very much and would be glad to see them in some other story.
I also got excited with that revelation also! I enjoyed their characters as well and would love to see more adventures with them.
SweetMelissaV2131
Currently Reading:

bookowlie wrote: 10 Jun 2018, 07:39 Based on the Amazon description, it is the first book in the Out of Time thriller series. Also, there is a scene at the end that seems like it will lead to a new investigation.
Ahhh ok. I totally missed the Amazon description of the book. I just drove right into the book from the link in the email. So I guess my question here in the forum is kind of silly. Oops!
SweetMelissaV2131
Currently Reading:

Dael Reader wrote: 10 Jun 2018, 11:05 She probably will. But I wish she wouldn't. Not unless she does enough research to base the plot lines more solidly on art history. If Angela and Alex can start solving art mysterious with a more academic approach, rather than based on Angela's ridiculous past-life regression/spirit possession episodes, the stories could be a little bit more interesting. If she keeps basing the stories on sex scenes past and present, there will be very little to recommend about the books.
Yes I see what you are saying. I'm wondering how it could be pulled off with the past-life regression with different storylines and mysteries. I do hope the sex scenes lessen up a little. Some of them in this book made me blush LOL
Dael Reader
Currently Reading: The Story of Arthur Truluv
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dael-reader.html
Latest Review: Extraordinary Stories From Everyday People (and me) by Les Clark

Post by Dael Reader »

SweetMelissaV2131 wrote: 10 Jun 2018, 12:47
Dael Reader wrote: 10 Jun 2018, 11:05 She probably will. But I wish she wouldn't. Not unless she does enough research to base the plot lines more solidly on art history. If Angela and Alex can start solving art mysterious with a more academic approach, rather than based on Angela's ridiculous past-life regression/spirit possession episodes, the stories could be a little bit more interesting. If she keeps basing the stories on sex scenes past and present, there will be very little to recommend about the books.
Yes I see what you are saying. I'm wondering how it could be pulled off with the past-life regression with different storylines and mysteries. I do hope the sex scenes lessen up a little. Some of them in this book made me blush LOL
Dael Reader wrote: I wasn't blushing. I was rolling my eyes! :lol2:
SweetMelissaV2131
Currently Reading:

Dael Reader wrote: 10 Jun 2018, 15:57
SweetMelissaV2131 wrote: 10 Jun 2018, 12:47
Dael Reader wrote: I wasn't blushing. I was rolling my eyes! :lol2:
:lol2: :lol2: Well yes, I was laughing too at some parts.
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: My Wind Therapy
Bookshelf Size: 407
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: My Wind Therapy: Motorcycling Through A History of Child Abuse And Domestic Violence by Queen Five Star
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

I think there is nothing for us to wonder since, amazon has revealed that this is the 1st book of a series, in the book description. :lol:
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:

Return to “Discuss "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami”